Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX errors while compiling c++ module Post 302193161 by ismail.dhaoui on Thursday 8th of May 2008 05:22:46 PM
Old 05-08-2008
Hi mannam,
It looks like you are compiling against a wrong library.
Try to analyse the requirements of your program, you will need also to check includes.
If you could describe more by giving some peace of code...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Compiling Errors -- Symbol referencing

I'm trying to compile a FTP_API program. To do this you must use the libftp.so libary. But that libary has references which are not defined. Has anyone had this problems and how is it corrected?? The command line looks like this:-------------------------------------------- # cc ftpstock.c -lftp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spotanddot
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get error while compiling apache with php module

hi, i'm compiling apache with php module after i finish compile mysql-4.0.0-alpha. i do it as the follow steps after untar'ed them in the same directory, 1) cd apache_1.3.22 ./configure 2) cd php-4.0.6 ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \ --with-apache=../apache_1.3.22 \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jApHEth
2 Replies

3. Programming

Errors while Compiling a PC script.

Hi all, I have created a post-C (PC) script OrdItmpopulate.pc. When I am compiling this using the “Make” command I am getting the following error. My “make” command looks like this: make -f $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/proc/demo_proc.mk build EXE=OrdItmpopulate8.exe OBJS="OrdItmpopulate8.o"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: musavir19
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errors compiling gcc 4.2.1

Hello, I have never had a successful compile on the 2.6 kernel. On every arch in which I try to compile gcc I get either "i686-pc-cygwin-ar command not found or "i686-suse-linux-ar command not found. This always happens during the make process after configure checks for ar and finds it's just ar.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwa71
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Errors compiling Bind

Hi all, Apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question, if it is, could some one point me to the right one please. I am trying to compile bind-9.5.1b1 on Solaris 10 Get the error when try to configure: checking for OpenSSL library... using OpenSSL from /usr/local/lib and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Custom kernel compiling, won't boot, and errors.

First of all, I'd like to preface this post by relaying that I have considerable experience with FreeBSD but I'm a Linux newb. I've been attempting to compile linux-2.6.29.3 from source and I'm having some problems and have a few newb questions... a) First of all, my kernel won't boot, it fails... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urbanriot
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

FFMPEG install on 10.4.11, errors compiling and also using port

i've got an older white macbook running 10.4.11. about 5 years old i think. trying to install ffmpeg in 2 different ways. having errors on both. first tried this one: ffmpeg installation on Mac OSX and i got this error when i got down to "make" on the ffmpeg itself make(350) malloc: ***... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

drbd module compiling error for Kernel

Hi I am trying to install drbd8 via apt-get on ubuntu10 sudo apt-get install drbd8-source password for vishals: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done drbd8-source is already the newest version. drbd8-source set to manually installed. 0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_vsh1
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

How to solve compiling handbrake errors?

Hello friends, Am trying to compile and build Handbrake 0.9.9 on my redhat box but getting the below errors. Same errors when I compile the source from github and also from the official web site. # uname -a Linux blah.com 2.6.18-274.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jul 8 17:36:59 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue Enabling DAQ's NFQ Module while Compiling

Hello All, OS: OpenSuSE 12.3 x86_64 A little while back I installed Snort 2.9.6 and was trying to use the NFQ module along with it for packet acquisition but got errors that the module is not present. If I run: # snort --daq-list Available DAQ modules: pcap(v3): readback live multi... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
0 Replies
orbit2-config(1)						   User Commands						  orbit2-config(1)

NAME
orbit2-config - helper script for building with orbit2 SYNOPSIS
orbit2-config [--help ] [--version] [--prefix=dir] [--cflags] [--libs] [--exec-prefix=dir] [--use-service=service] [client | server] DESCRIPTION
The orbit2-config tool is used to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use the orbit2 library. It is also used internally by the .m4 macros for GNU autoconf that are included with orbit. In most cases, you will use one (or both) of the options --cflags or --libs, depending on whether you are compiling or linking. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program using the specified library. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link with the specified library. --exec-prefix=diIf specified, use dir instead of the installation exec prefix that the library was built with, when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --help Print a usage summary. --prefix=dir If specified, use dir instead of the installation prefix that the library was built with, when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. This option is also used for the exec prefix, if the --exec-prefix option is not specified. --use-service=seIfispecified, provide additional flags (if any) for using the specified service. Known values for service are: module Cos- Naming, interfaces LNameComponent, LName. --version Print the currently installed version of the library on the standard output. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: client Used when compiling an orbit2 client. server Used when compiling an orbit2 server. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting the orbit2 library version example% orbit2-config --version Example 2: Determining the libraries required to link with the orbit2 library example% orbit2-config --libs EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/orbit2-config Executable for the orbit2 helper script ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-component-devel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkg-config(1), libORBit-2(1) NOTES
This man page was originally written by Chris Waters (xtifr@debian.org) for Debian GNU/Linux. Updated by Dick Porter (dick@acm.org) and Elliot Lee (sopwith@redhat.com). Updated by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems, 2003. SunOS 5.10 11 Jan 2003 orbit2-config(1)