Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Finding Symbol in the Library. Post 302192873 by senthil_is on Thursday 8th of May 2008 04:26:36 AM
Old 05-08-2008
Finding Symbol in the Library.

Whats the unix command to identify the symbols in the shared library.

I want to find the symbol "nnftboot" is in the library libnnz10.so.

Can any one help on this.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How To Find Unresolved symbol in shared library?

1 . I use Digital Unix V4.0F 2 . I compile a programe which use a shared library . But when I run it( prog.out) , the shell told me that "Fatal Error : /sbin/loader : unresolved symbol in lib3cZap.so" But When I compile proj.out and lib3cZap.so , the compiler said nothing . And I ls -l... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies

5. Programming

Symbol differences in STLport library and application object file

Hello, I compiled the object file of a binary and i could see the symbol , "void*std::__node_alloc<1,0>::_M_allocate(unsigned)", this is actually present as "void*std::__node_alloc<true,0>::_M_allocate(unsigned)" in the libstlport4.so.1 . This has been verified with "nm -C " command Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
4 Replies

6. Linux

./configure problem for libsf library due to apparently missing libdb library.

Hello, ./configure script fails to configure libsf. Please check the following last few lines of configure script error. checking for db1/db.h... no checking for db.h... yes checking for dbopen in -ldb1... no configure: error: No libdb? No libsf. But find command shows the following; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
4 Replies

7. AIX

Add shared members from library to same library in a different directory

I'm trying to install libiconv to AIX 7.1 from an rpm off of the perzl site. The rpm appears to install but I get this error message. add shr4.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a add shr.o shared members from /usr/lib/libiconv.a to ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kneemoe
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

On £ symbol

Hi All, How do i represent £ symbol in unix and how to retain £ symbol in file. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
3 Replies
deb-symbols(5)							    dpkg suite							    deb-symbols(5)

NAME
deb-symbols - Debian's extended shared library information file SYNOPSIS
symbols DESCRIPTION
The symbol files are shipped in Debian binary packages, and its format is a subset of the template symbol files used by dpkg-gensymbols(1) in Debian source packages. The format for an extended shared library dependency information entry in these files is: library-soname main-dependency-template [| alternative-dependency-template] [...] [* field-name: field-value] [...] symbol minimal-version [id-of-dependency-template] The library-soname is exactly the value of the SONAME field as exported by objdump(1). A dependency-template is a dependency where #MINVER# is dynamically replaced either by a version check like "(>= minimal-version)" or by nothing (if an unversioned dependency is deemed sufficient). Each exported symbol (listed as name@version, with version being "Base" if the library is not versioned) is associated to a minimal-version of its dependency template (the main dependency template is always used and will end up being combined with the dependency template referenced by id-of-dependency-template if present). The first alternative dependency template is numbered 1, the second one 2, etc. Each entry for a library can also have some fields of meta-information. Those fields are stored on lines starting with an asterisk. Currently, the only valid fields are: Build-Depends-Package It indicates the name of the "-dev" package associated to the library and is used by dpkg-shlibdeps to make sure that the dependency generated is at least as strict as the corresponding build dependency (since dpkg 1.14.13). Ignore-Blacklist-Groups It indicates what blacklist groups should be ignored, as a whitespace separated list, so that the symbols contained in those groups get included in the output file (since dpkg 1.17.6). This should only be necessary for toolchain packages providing those blacklisted symbols. The available groups are system dependent, for ELF and GNU-based systems these are aeabi and gomp. EXAMPLES
Simple symbols file libftp.so.3 libftp3 #MINVER# DefaultNetbuf@Base 3.1-1-6 FtpAccess@Base 3.1-1-6 [...] Advanced symbols file libGL.so.1 libgl1 | libgl1-mesa-glx #MINVER# * Build-Depends-Package: libgl1-mesa-dev publicGlSymbol@Base 6.3-1 [...] implementationSpecificSymbol@Base 6.5.2-7 1 [...] SEE ALSO
https://wiki.debian.org/Projects/ImprovedDpkgShlibdeps dpkg-shlibdeps(1), dpkg-gensymbols(1). 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 deb-symbols(5)