Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to store values into variable in perl Post 302192810 by chittiprasad15 on Thursday 8th of May 2008 12:21:03 AM
Old 05-08-2008
Thank a lot guys.

It is working fine now. I appreciate your help.Once again thanks a million.SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how do I store the values in array using shell

Hi, Is is possible to get the value using shell script? x=1 y1 = 10 y2 = 15 y3 = 7 echo $y$x is giving y1 (variable name) but I need the value of y1 (i.e. 10 dynamically) Is there any solution? if so, please mail me at kkodava@maxis.com.my ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to store the values in a file into an array

Hi, I do have a file and the contents are as follws: 10 20 30 40 50 Now I want to store those values into an array. How can be done this ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: risshanth
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values in an Array

Hi all. Well, I have the next code: I need to make an array with the values I have in the bucle, but just don't get it... Question is, how can I store in an array that values, and how can I display them with echo? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: crcbad
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to store command inside a shell variable, and run the variable

Hi, I am trying to do the following thing var='date' $var Above command substitutes date for and in turn runs the date command and i am getting the todays date value. I am trying to do the same thing as following, but facing some problems, unique_host_pro="sed -e ' /#/d'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvinayagam
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitute variable for values in perl

hi all, how do i assign values passed in from command line to and sql statement in perl ?? e.g i want to assign :name1 and :Name2 to be whatever is passed into the perl script command line my $sqlStr = "select * from test_table where column1 = upper(nvl(:name1, name1 )) and column2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values from a file into an array variable in Shell

Dear All, I have been trying to do a simple task of extracting 2 fields from the file (3 rows) and store it in an array variable. I tried with: #! /bin/bash ch=`cut -f10 tmp.txt` counter=0 for p in $pid do c=${ch} echo "$c ..$counter" counter=$((counter+1))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezhil01
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store the output values in array

Hi, How to store the values in array from output result, EG: I have the result like this, ps, google, 1.txt, 1 sam, google, 2.txt, 2 These are the four values followed by comma in two sets. I need to store these values set by set. One set contains four values followed by comma. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarthikPS
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read values and store in array?

I am reading a value from a file and want to store the value in a dynamic array as i don't know the number of occurrences of the value in that file. How can i do that and then later fetch that value from array (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prachi Gupta
25 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from Perl variable

Hi Guys, I am stuck in a problem. I have a variable in Perl script which has value for example X=a-b-c; Now, I want to extract a b c separately into different 3 variables. I know this can be done in shell using awk but Perl behaves a bit different. Can anybody help me on this please?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL - Variable values getting mixed up!

Hi, I only dip my toe into PERL programming on the odd ocassion so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to why the below is happening: When I run my PERL script the variable values seem to get mixed up. my $fileName = basename($maxFile,".TXT"); my $currentSeqNum =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
2 Replies
PMDIRS(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						PMDIRS(1p)

NAME
pmdirs - print out module directories DESCRIPTION
This just prints out the current @INC path, one directory per line. This is for people who don't want to parse through "perl -V" output or hack up their own calls to "perl -e". EXAMPLES
$ pmdirs /home/tchrist/perllib/i686-linux /home/tchrist/perllib /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux /usr/local/devperl/lib/5.00554 /usr/local/devperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554/i686-linux /usr/local/devperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554 . This also works for alternate version of Perl: $ filsperl -S pmdirs /home/tchrist/perllib /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554 /usr/local/filsperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554/i686-linux-thread /usr/local/filsperl/lib/site_perl/5.00554 . SEE ALSO
perlrun(1), perlvar(1), lib(3) AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 PMDIRS(1p)