Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Snytax error on If Statement--help Post 302192798 by dannyd_y on Wednesday 7th of May 2008 10:47:15 PM
Old 05-07-2008
Ok i've fixed

year=`date '+%Y'`
month=`date '+%m'`
day=`date '+%d'`
day=`expr $day - 1`

case $month in
1 | 3 | 5 | 7 | 8 | 10 | 12)
if [ $day = 7 ]
then
$day=6
fi
;;

4 | 6 | 9 | 11)
if [ $day = 0 ]
then
$day=31
fi
;;

2)
if [ $day = 0 ]
then
if [ `expr $year % 4` -eq 0]
then
$day = 28
else
$day = 29
fi
fi
;;
*) echo error: Case Statement Not Run ;;
esac

DATE=$year$month$day
cp $HOME/*$DATE*log $HOME/QVGLog
cd $HOME/QVGLog
gzip *

now the problem is the case statement failed, the message is
error: Case Statement Not Run
cp: cannot stat `/sgxde/sgxaspecs7/*2008057*log': No such file or directory
gzip: *: No such file or directory

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing error in if statement

hello, I am trying to parse an error returned by a command inside the if statement but it is just displays the full error instead and then stops. if ; then echo "no such package" else echo "similar version found will use pkgrm" fi the above code just displays please let me know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error with if statement..Please help

:b:hi, I have a script as given below: pr_det="1" if then awk ' BEGIN {printf("%23s","session")}' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf "\n"} ' >> report.txt else awk ' BEGIN {printf("%55s","file_dsc")} ' >> report.txt awk ' BEGIN {printf("%101s","no_recs")} '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

3. Linux

error in if statement

Hi , I am getting an error when I run the script for checking word "view" in a file . I am using if statement. like this if then VW_VAR=` cat $TN.${ecmdate}.sql1 | grep -i view | awk '{print $3}' | cut -d '.' -f2 ` echo " VW_$VW_VAR " sed -e... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in IF statement

HI i am getting error while executing the given statement for filename in `cat a/file.lst` do if then echo "Exit Code Description :File $filename - is missing in Input Directory" >a.log exit else count1=`awk 'END {print NR}' $filename` echo "$count1">>a.log count2=`awk 'END {print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi214u
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in insert statement

hi, When i try to run the code below, i get the following error "ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected" i am not able to figure it out. Can anyone help me? Code: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error in if statement

Hi, This is my script to catch any oracle errors. In this, the $sqlerr returns ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied when i specify wrong username/password the if condition is failing. how can i resolve the issue. the if statement gives error sqloutput=`sqlplus -s -L... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in if statement

I am working on script for stale nfs. the file consists of cat data01stale.log - - - - /abcd/backup - - - - /abcd/data Script (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement Syntax error

Hi Can you please tell me what is wrong with this line: if && ]; then basically i want to check if x = 12 and F (Filename) end with 'g'. But it is throwing syntax error. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rtagarra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk/if statement error

Can anybody tell the correct way to use the following awk pattern check within an if statement? When I run this command outside of the if statement cat /tmp/test2.out | awk -v T=$TIME -v G=$GROUP -v C=$CDATE '$0 ~ T && $0 ~ G && $0 ~ C' | grep -i "Starting the group" I get the following... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error code with if statement

hello all im new to unix and when i use below script i get an error : #! /bin/bash Echo -e "enter the name of the file : \c" read file_name if then echo "$file_name found" else echo "$file_name not found" fi running the script i get below error : $ ./hello (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ibrahims1
26 Replies
widget_calendar(n)					    widget::calendar Megawidget 					widget_calendar(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
widget_calendar - widget::calendar Megawidget SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require Tk 8.4 package require widget ?3.0? widget::calendar pathname ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a calendar megawidget (snidget). widget::calendar pathname ?options? WIDGET OPTIONS
-command A script to evaluate when a date was selected. -dateformat The format of the date that is returned. Default: %m/%d/%Y. -firstday Set first day the week, Either sunday or monday. It defaults to monday. -font Select the font used in the widget. It defaults to Helvetica 9. -highlightcolor Selects the background color for the day that has been selected. Default: #FFCC00 -language Specify language of the calendar contents. The language is specified by abbreviations of the languge, for example: en - english, de - german ... It defaults to en. Supported languages: en, de, fr, it, es, pt, ru, sv, zh, fi -shadecolor Selects the color of the parts that have a shaded background. Default: #888888 -showpast Specify if the past shall be shown. It is a boolean value and defaults to 1. -textvariable Specifies the name of a variable whose value is linked to the entry widget's contents. Whenever the variable changes value, the widget's contents are updated, and vice versa. WIDGET COMMAND
pathname get ?what? Returns a part of the selected date or 'all'. The argument what selects the part. Valid values for what are: day, month, year and all. 'all' is the default and returns the complete date in the format given with -dateformat. DEFAULT BINDINGS
On creation of the calendar widget the following bindings are installed. o Up - Move to week before current date o Down - Move to week after current date o Left - Move to day before current date o Right - Move to day after current date o Control-Left - Move to month before current date o Control-Right - Move to month after current date o Control-Up - Move to year before current date o Control-Down - Move to year after current date EXAMPLE
package require widget::calendar ; # or widget::all set t [widget::calendar .t] pack $t -fill x -expand 1 KEYWORDS
megawidget, snit, widget widget 0.93 widget_calendar(n)