Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Login error
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Login error Post 302190979 by Perderabo on Thursday 1st of May 2008 05:40:55 AM
Old 05-01-2008
Try removing all cookies from your browser and then restarting the browser to correct the login problem. That contribution listed as being from 165.21.154.111 is probably yours. Only 8 users have used that IP address and you are one of them. I have added you to the supporter group and you now show up on this page: The UNIX Forums - Show Groups

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login error....

We have a situation where one of my users log's into my Solaris box and gets the followin error..... rsh marvin Last login: Tue Jun 28 07:28:18 from lvie450 ld.so.1: whoami: fatal: libgen.so.1: can't open file: errno=2 Killed /home/username @marvin> Anyone have any idea? Frank (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
2 Replies

2. Solaris

login error as root

Hi i am using sun netra20 server ruuning solaris 9 and while i trying to login as root its showing error as shown below. SunOS 5.9 login:root password: Not on system console Connection to system closed by foreign host But i can login as scadm and su to root...then it is goin to root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gini
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

error occurs while some users login

hi all, i have a problem that while some of the users trying to login the following error occurs and the session is automatically closed. ssl error: RAND_status reported there wasn't enough randomness for the PRNG. ssl error: You need to specify RandomFile or EGDFile to obtain the randomness.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VSI-FAX error - Cannot login to server and Connecto error to host

I encounters a VSIFAX related error: vfxstat: Cannot login to server on rsac3: Connect error to host 172.16.1.45: Invalid argument It started happening last night with a core dump. Then we can't start VSIFAX again. I am runing VSI-FAX 4.2 on AIX box (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_jin
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

login error because of indentation isql

The below works/usr/sybase/bin/isql -S${SERVER} -D${DB} -U${ID} -P${PASSWD} -w 250 -n <<EOF > output The below is indented but doesnt work when /usr/sybase/bin/isql -S ${SERVER} \ -D ${DB} \ -U ${ID} \ -P ${PASSWD} \ -w 250 \ -n ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

6. Solaris

error message rmclomv ... SC Login Failure for user Please login:

Hello World ~ HW : SUN Fire V240 OS : Solaris 8 Error message prompts 'rmclomv ... SC login failure ...' on terminal. and Error Message prompts continually 'SC Login Failure for user Please login:' on Single Mode(init S) The System is in normal operation, though In case of rain, Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
1 Replies

7. Solaris

A DT Message error on login... other symptoms

First let me apologize for joining and posting... but this thing is killing me. I can usually solve these problems myself but I am reaching for help now. I have about 2 years Unix 8 experience but I am by no means an expert but not a newb either. A little background. My system runs a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpb218
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in .login file

I have one server (consider A) .While logining into server A using username as u1 .I am not getting any command not found error but while I am loging into that server A using username as u2 , I am getting this below error while login... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maitree
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Login Error check

How can I add a check right after the FTP to see if the login id failed or not and echo an error description indicating login failed? Here is my script: ftp $HOST1 <<END_SCRIPT>>$TARGETLOGS/$LOGFILE #ftp $HOST1 <<END_SCRIPT> cd idx prompt mget $PICKUPFILE*.txt !cp $PICKUPFILE*... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
17 Replies

10. Solaris

Error while login into the server

Hello, Whenever i login into one of my solaris machine i get below message, Usage: basename ] if: Expression syntax Profile or environment of my user is not properly getting loaded. Can somebody help why this is coming and solution to it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varunksharma87
1 Replies
yelp(1) 							   User Commands							   yelp(1)

NAME
yelp, gnome-help - GNOME help browser SYNOPSIS
yelp | gnome-help [--private-session] [--with-cache-dir=string] [gnome-std-options] url DESCRIPTION
The GNOME help browser is a utility that allows users to view documentation for GNOME in several formats including man pages, HTML, SGML(DocBook), and GNU info files. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --private-session Use a private session. --with-cache-dir=directory Specify which cache directory to use. gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more infor- mation. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: url This allows you to view a specific help document by providing the complete url to the documentation that you wish to view. If url starts with "ghelp:", yelp opens the help document within ghelp. If url does not start with "ghelp:", yelp attempts to launch a default Internet browser window and display the contents of the help document within this browser window. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
Refer to the GNOME Handbook of Writing Software Documentation: http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/handbook.html To access the API documentation for including help in applications, you must install the developer version of the package. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching GNOME Help Browser example% yelp Example 2: Launching GNOME Help Browser and loading the help information for the GNOME Accessibility guide. example% yelp ghelp:///usr/share/gnome/help/gnome-access-guide/C/gnome-access-guide.xml Example 3: Launching GNOME Help Browser with a standard Internet URL example% yelp http://www.gnome.org The default Internet browser is launched (unless a browser is already running), and this URL is displayed within the browser window. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: INFOPATH Location of GNU Info files. MANPATH Location of man pages. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/yelp Executable for GNOME help browser /usr/bin/gnome-help Symbolic link to yelp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-help-viewer | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. scrollkeeper-config(1), scrollkeeper(1), scrollkeeper-devel(1), attributes(5), environ(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
yelp and gnome-help are both the same application. Written by Matt Keenan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2007. SunOS 5.11 08 Nov 2007 yelp(1)