Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bitwise and if
Top Forums Programming bitwise and if Post 302190038 by Puntino on Monday 28th of April 2008 01:22:34 PM
Old 04-28-2008
thank you, shamrock

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Bit-fields and Bitwise operators

Hi, Is it possible to use bitwise operators in bit fields? For example: typedef struct Mystruct { unsigned char A :1 ; unsigned char B :1 ; } Mystruct; and assume struct Mystruct STR_1S, STR_2S, tempSTRS = {0}; then the following line: tempSTRS = STR_1S & STR_2S; gives the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatsaka
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bitwise operators

can anybody write a program to divide a number by another number using bitwise operators (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
9 Replies

3. Programming

resetting counter using bitwise XOR

Hi ! How to reset a variable to 0 after a reset value, say 10 using bitwise XOR. For example, int cnt=0; if(cnt<10) cnt++; else cnt = 0; How can we achieve this by using XOR only. thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrgubbala
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bitwise negation

I am taking an online course on Unix scripting. The topic is Unix arithmetic operators and the lesson is Logical and bitwise operations. It is not clear how much storage space Unix uses to represent integers that are typed. Bitwise negation caused me to question how many bits are used to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dLloydm
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to calculate netwrk from IP address and netmask using Bitwise AND in shell script

Hi, I am having two variables IP="10.150.12.1" netmask="255.255.255.0" To get network number, I know that a bitwise & will help. networkno=IP & netmask My code is #!/usr/bin/ksh ip="10.150.12.1" netmask="255.255.255.0" networkno="$ip" & "$netmask" echo $networkno I am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanyapn
7 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

bitwise and between two 32 bit binaries

Hello All, i have two 16 bit binaries that in two different variables, i want to perform a bitwise AND between the two and store the result in a different variable. can anyone throw some light on doing this in a bourne shell... eg var1= 1110101010101011 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
8 Replies

7. FAQ Submission Queue

Analysis in bitwise XOR

The purpose of this article is revealing the unrevealed parts of the bitwise XOR. As we aware, the truth table for the XOR operator is : A B A^B 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 For example , 1^2 will be calculated as given below: First the operands... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use bitwise or operator in /bin/sh

please any one can suggest me how to use bitesie || opearator to do this #initallize a=0 b=0 #condition if then a=0 else a=1 fi #bitwise or opeartion b = a || b Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palaniappan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bitwise comparison of cols

Hello, I want to compute the bitwise number of matches in pairwise fashion for all columns. The problem is I have 18486955 rows and 750 columns. Please help with code, I believe this will take a lot of time, is there a way of tracking progress? Input Org1 Org2 Org3 A A T A ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
9 Replies

10. Programming

Bitwise operation for state machine

Hello All, I am writing basic state machine which maintains 8 different states and there is posibility that system may be in multiple states at a time (Except for state1 to state3. menas only once state can be active at a time from state1 to state3). I have declared... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
9 Replies
Deprecated names(3)						      BrlAPI						       Deprecated names(3)

NAME
Deprecated names - Data Structures struct brlapi_writeStruct Macros #define brlapi_settings_t brlapi_connectionSettings_t #define BRLAPI_WRITESTRUCT_INITIALIZER BRLAPI_WRITEARGUMENTS_INITIALIZER #define brl_keycode_t brlapi_keyCode_t #define brl_type_t brlapi_packetType_t #define BRLCOMMANDS NULL #define BRL_KEYCODE_MAX BRLAPI_KEY_MAX #define brlapi_initializeConnection brlapi_openConnection #define brlapi_getTty brlapi_enterTtyMode #define brlapi_getTtyPath brlapi_enterTtyModeWithPath #define brlapi_leaveTty brlapi_leaveTtyMode #define brlapi_unignoreKeyRange brlapi_acceptKeyRange #define brlapi_unignoreKeySet brlapi_acceptKeySet #define brlapi_getRaw brlapi_enterRawMode #define brlapi_leaveRaw brlapi_leaveRawMode #define brlapi_suspend brlapi_suspendDriver #define brlapi_resume brlapi_resumeDriver #define BRLERR_SUCCESS BRLAPI_ERROR_SUCCESS #define BRLERR_NOMEM BRLAPI_ERROR_NOMEM #define BRLERR_TTYBUSY BRLAPI_ERROR_TTYBUSY #define BRLERR_DEVICEBUSY BRLAPI_ERROR_DEVICEBUSY #define BRLERR_UNKNOWN_INSTRUCTION BRLAPI_ERROR_UNKNOWN_INSTRUCTION #define BRLERR_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION BRLAPI_ERROR_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION #define BRLERR_INVALID_PARAMETER BRLAPI_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER #define BRLERR_INVALID_PACKET BRLAPI_ERROR_INVALID_PACKET #define BRLERR_CONNREFUSED BRLAPI_ERROR_CONNREFUSED #define BRLERR_OPNOTSUPP BRLAPI_ERROR_OPNOTSUPP #define BRLERR_GAIERR BRLAPI_ERROR_GAIERR #define BRLERR_LIBCERR BRLAPI_ERROR_LIBCERR #define BRLERR_UNKNOWNTTY BRLAPI_ERROR_UNKNOWNTTY #define BRLERR_PROTOCOL_VERSION BRLAPI_ERROR_PROTOCOL_VERSION #define BRLERR_EOF BRLAPI_ERROR_EOF #define BRLERR_EMPTYKEY BRLAPI_ERROR_EMPTYKEY #define BRLERR_DRIVERERROR BRLAPI_ERROR_DRIVERERROR Detailed Description With version 0.5.0, BrlAPI is now provided through including <brlapi.h> and got a big renaming pass. Old names are still available through macros, but they are deprecated since they will get dropped in the next release. This documentation is for you to know the new names. For checking that you have completely switched to new names, just define BRLAPI_NO_DEPRECATED: that will disable compatibility macros. Macro Definition Documentation #define BRL_KEYCODE_MAX BRLAPI_KEY_MAX #define brl_keycode_t brlapi_keyCode_t #define brl_type_t brlapi_packetType_t #define brlapi_getRaw brlapi_enterRawMode #define brlapi_getTty brlapi_enterTtyMode #define brlapi_getTtyPath brlapi_enterTtyModeWithPath #define brlapi_initializeConnection brlapi_openConnection #define brlapi_leaveRaw brlapi_leaveRawMode #define brlapi_leaveTty brlapi_leaveTtyMode #define brlapi_resume brlapi_resumeDriver #define brlapi_settings_t brlapi_connectionSettings_t #define brlapi_suspend brlapi_suspendDriver #define brlapi_unignoreKeyRange brlapi_acceptKeyRange #define brlapi_unignoreKeySet brlapi_acceptKeySet #define BRLAPI_WRITESTRUCT_INITIALIZER BRLAPI_WRITEARGUMENTS_INITIALIZER #define BRLCOMMANDS NULL #define BRLERR_CONNREFUSED BRLAPI_ERROR_CONNREFUSED #define BRLERR_DEVICEBUSY BRLAPI_ERROR_DEVICEBUSY #define BRLERR_DRIVERERROR BRLAPI_ERROR_DRIVERERROR #define BRLERR_EMPTYKEY BRLAPI_ERROR_EMPTYKEY #define BRLERR_EOF BRLAPI_ERROR_EOF #define BRLERR_GAIERR BRLAPI_ERROR_GAIERR #define BRLERR_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION BRLAPI_ERROR_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION #define BRLERR_INVALID_PACKET BRLAPI_ERROR_INVALID_PACKET #define BRLERR_INVALID_PARAMETER BRLAPI_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER #define BRLERR_LIBCERR BRLAPI_ERROR_LIBCERR #define BRLERR_NOMEM BRLAPI_ERROR_NOMEM #define BRLERR_OPNOTSUPP BRLAPI_ERROR_OPNOTSUPP #define BRLERR_PROTOCOL_VERSION BRLAPI_ERROR_PROTOCOL_VERSION #define BRLERR_SUCCESS BRLAPI_ERROR_SUCCESS #define BRLERR_TTYBUSY BRLAPI_ERROR_TTYBUSY #define BRLERR_UNKNOWN_INSTRUCTION BRLAPI_ERROR_UNKNOWN_INSTRUCTION #define BRLERR_UNKNOWNTTY BRLAPI_ERROR_UNKNOWNTTY Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for BrlAPI from the source code. Version 1.0 Fri Jun 7 2013 Deprecated names(3)