Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bitwise and if
Top Forums Programming bitwise and if Post 302190038 by Puntino on Monday 28th of April 2008 01:22:34 PM
Old 04-28-2008
thank you, shamrock

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Bit-fields and Bitwise operators

Hi, Is it possible to use bitwise operators in bit fields? For example: typedef struct Mystruct { unsigned char A :1 ; unsigned char B :1 ; } Mystruct; and assume struct Mystruct STR_1S, STR_2S, tempSTRS = {0}; then the following line: tempSTRS = STR_1S & STR_2S; gives the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatsaka
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

bitwise operators

can anybody write a program to divide a number by another number using bitwise operators (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: areef4u
9 Replies

3. Programming

resetting counter using bitwise XOR

Hi ! How to reset a variable to 0 after a reset value, say 10 using bitwise XOR. For example, int cnt=0; if(cnt<10) cnt++; else cnt = 0; How can we achieve this by using XOR only. thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrgubbala
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bitwise negation

I am taking an online course on Unix scripting. The topic is Unix arithmetic operators and the lesson is Logical and bitwise operations. It is not clear how much storage space Unix uses to represent integers that are typed. Bitwise negation caused me to question how many bits are used to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dLloydm
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to calculate netwrk from IP address and netmask using Bitwise AND in shell script

Hi, I am having two variables IP="10.150.12.1" netmask="255.255.255.0" To get network number, I know that a bitwise & will help. networkno=IP & netmask My code is #!/usr/bin/ksh ip="10.150.12.1" netmask="255.255.255.0" networkno="$ip" & "$netmask" echo $networkno I am... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanyapn
7 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

bitwise and between two 32 bit binaries

Hello All, i have two 16 bit binaries that in two different variables, i want to perform a bitwise AND between the two and store the result in a different variable. can anyone throw some light on doing this in a bourne shell... eg var1= 1110101010101011 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
8 Replies

7. FAQ Submission Queue

Analysis in bitwise XOR

The purpose of this article is revealing the unrevealed parts of the bitwise XOR. As we aware, the truth table for the XOR operator is : A B A^B 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 1 1 0 For example , 1^2 will be calculated as given below: First the operands... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use bitwise or operator in /bin/sh

please any one can suggest me how to use bitesie || opearator to do this #initallize a=0 b=0 #condition if then a=0 else a=1 fi #bitwise or opeartion b = a || b Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palaniappan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bitwise comparison of cols

Hello, I want to compute the bitwise number of matches in pairwise fashion for all columns. The problem is I have 18486955 rows and 750 columns. Please help with code, I believe this will take a lot of time, is there a way of tracking progress? Input Org1 Org2 Org3 A A T A ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
9 Replies

10. Programming

Bitwise operation for state machine

Hello All, I am writing basic state machine which maintains 8 different states and there is posibility that system may be in multiple states at a time (Except for state1 to state3. menas only once state can be active at a time from state1 to state3). I have declared... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
9 Replies
ARPING(8)						 System Manager's Manual: iputils						 ARPING(8)

NAME
arping - send ARP REQUEST to a neighbour host SYNOPSIS
arping [-AbDfhqUV] [-c count] [-w deadline] [-s source] -I interface destination DESCRIPTION
Ping destination on device interface by ARP packets, using source address source. OPTIONS
-A The same as -U, but ARP REPLY packets used instead of ARP REQUEST. -b Send only MAC level broadcasts. Normally arping starts from sending broadcast, and switch to unicast after reply received. -c count Stop after sending count ARP REQUEST packets. With deadline option, arping waits for count ARP REPLY packets, until the timeout expires. -D Duplicate address detection mode (DAD). See RFC2131, 4.4.1. Returns 0, if DAD succeeded i.e. no replies are received -f Finish after the first reply confirming that target is alive. -I interface Name of network device where to send ARP REQUEST packets. -h Print help page and exit. -q Quiet output. Nothing is displayed. -s source IP source address to use in ARP packets. If this option is absent, source address is: o In DAD mode (with option -D) set to 0.0.0.0. o In Unsolicited ARP mode (with options -U or -A) set to destination. o Otherwise, it is calculated from routing tables. -U Unsolicited ARP mode to update neighbours' ARP caches. No replies are expected. -V Print version of the program and exit. -w deadline Specify a timeout, in seconds, before arping exits regardless of how many packets have been sent or received. In this case arping does not stop after count packet are sent, it waits either for deadline expire or until count probes are answered. SEE ALSO
ping(8), clockdiff(8), tracepath(8). AUTHOR
arping was written by Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru>. It is now maintained by YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <yoshfuji@skbuff.net>. SECURITY
arping requires CAP_NET_RAW capability to be executed. It is not recommended to be used as set-uid root, because it allows user to modify ARP caches of neighbour hosts. AVAILABILITY
arping is part of iputils package and the latest versions are available in source form at http://www.skbuff.net/iputils/iputils-cur- rent.tar.bz2. iputils-121221 10 June 2014 ARPING(8)