Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX : 0 pages swappes
Operating Systems AIX AIX : 0 pages swappes Post 302189826 by Shrek on Monday 28th of April 2008 03:55:38 AM
Old 04-28-2008
Hey hmaiida,

High paging faults is known as thrashing in UNIX enviroments and it's not a normal situation at all. In AIX there are some parameters you can set in order to prevent this behavior. Parameters like maxperm|minperm|maxclient in order to free real memory for specific use of file pages.
Before you go tuning anything, call IBM's AIX Support and talk to them regarding this.

Do post the output of below commands:-
Code:
#lsps -a 

#vmo -a | egrep "maxperm|minperm|maxclient"

And by the way whats your real memory size?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Man Pages on aix

How can I install the man pages on ibm unix aix 4.3? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GKL
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

When reading man pages, I notice that sometimes commands are follwed by a number enclosed in parenthesis. such as: mkdir calls the mkdir(2) system call. What exactly does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pages out

okay.. have monitored that the page out/h max and avg have been 0 for one week. is this possible...? huge applications will have swap space being utilised ... so i am suprised that for one whole week, it has actually been zero please advise thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

6. AIX

man pages in AIX

Hi all. A friend of mine just recently gave me an old RISC 6000 machine to learn on for my AIX certification. I installed AIX 4.3.3 and everything seems to work fine, except there are no man pages. Is there a way to generate man pages on this machine? Thanks alot in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlynch912
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

more f skips two pages

Hi, I am new to linux. I am using more command to view the contents of a file. If the file has many pages i am using f to move forward to the next page. But when i press f it skips to two pages instead of one page. i checked the man more. It shows the default is 1. Please share your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokiak810
1 Replies

8. Solaris

MAN PAGES

Hi everyone, I have a small query, in solaris the man pages get displayed on half of the terminal , can i get a full terminal or full screen display ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Looking for some man pages.

Can anyone supply me with the man pages for: omnidatalist omnibarlist omnisap.exe I prefer the source man pages in nroff format. A clue about the software bundles which supply these man pages is fine as well. OS: HP-UX TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb008
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know which pages don't have...?

Hi & good day UNIX / Linux folks, Some of my > 700 pages don't have this counter: <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/counter"--> How would one use find (?!) to know which pages _don't have_ this counter, or - alternatively - which don't have the string: exec cgi (=bec. probably easier, "exec\... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: OmarKN
9 Replies
captoinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual						      captoinfo(1)

NAME
captoinfo - convert a termcap description into a terminfo description SYNOPSIS
captoinfo [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
captoinfo looks in file for termcap descriptions. For each one found, an equivalent terminfo description is written to standard output. Termcap tc capabilities are translated directly to terminfo use capabilities. If no file is given, then the environment variable TERMCAP is used for the filename or entry. If TERMCAP is a full pathname to a file, only the terminal whose name is specified in the environment variable TERM is extracted from that file. If the environment variable TERM- CAP is not set, then the file /usr/share/terminfo is read. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. TRANSLATIONS FROM NONSTANDARD CAPABILITIES
Some obsolete nonstandard capabilities will automatically be translated into standard (SVr4/XSI Curses) terminfo capabilities by captoinfo. Whenever one of these automatic translations is done, the program will issue an notification to stderr, inviting the user to check that it has not mistakenly translated a completely unknown and random capability and/or syntax error. XENIX termcap also used to have a set of extension capabilities for forms drawing, designed to take advantage of the IBM PC high-half graphics. They were as follows: If the single-line capabilities occur in an entry, they will automatically be composed into an acsc string. The double-line capabilities and GG are discarded with a warning message. IBM's AIX has a terminfo facility descended from SVr1 terminfo but incompatible with the SVr4 format. The following AIX extensions are automatically translated: Additionally, the AIX box1 capability will be automatically translated to an acsc string. Hewlett-Packard's terminfo library supports two nonstandard terminfo capabilities meml (memory lock) and memu (memory unlock). These will be discarded with a warning message. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic(1), running in -I mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. The trace option is not identical to SVr4's. Under SVr4, instead of following the -v with a trace level n, you repeat it n times. SEE ALSO
infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> captoinfo(1)