Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting changing first letter to CAPS Post 302189450 by Krrishv on Friday 25th of April 2008 09:02:41 PM
Old 04-25-2008
Any other suggestions?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert character in word to CAPS??

Hi Gurus!! Is it possible to change a letter in a word to CAPS?? When correcting a paragraph i need to covert the word if it appears at the start of a line to caps....... if i had a phrase like my name is james and would like to sign up. how do i convert "my" to "My" or the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadharah
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Caps lock dtterm

Hello, We are having a problem with running dtterm off a RHEL server. Logging into an HP-UX server from a RHEL 5.1 desktop, setting DISPLAY and running dtterm, the caps lock does not work. We have been playing with xmodmap & stty but to no avail. Any help appreciated. mgb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgb
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Caps lock dtterm

Hello, We are having a problem with running dtterm off a RHEL server. Logging into an HP-UX server from a RHEL 5.1 desktop, setting DISPLAY and running dtterm, the caps lock does not work. We have been playing with xmodmap & stty but to no avail. Any help appreciated. mgb (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgb
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files with caps?

Anyone know the proper command to copy files whose names CONTAIN a capital letter to a diff location? Every time I do it I ke copying ALL the files. Here is what ive tried cp ** newlocation cp newlocation (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: losingit
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands in all caps

Is it possible to make a bash script such that entering a command in all capital letters would be equivalent to using "sudo" before that command? For example: "sudo chmod 777 foo.txt" becomes "CHMOD 777 foo.txt" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bloom
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to ignore CAPS or case sensitivity?

If I'm using a program that is expecting certain filenames and directories to be all CAPS, isn't there a way to ignore this in linux/cshell scripting? I.e., similiar to ignoring spaces with " (i.e., directory is directory 1, can ignore by typing "directory 1".) ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebazon
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Caps lock problem

hi all this s quite a foolish problem. I seem to hav pressed some keys s.t in unix, my letters are comin in caps and with caps lock on, i am getting lowercase letters. :o Pls help. Also is there any reference or manual where i can check in case such problems arrise? thanx in advance curiosity (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: curiosity
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate all possible word with caps and no caps

With use of sed/awk, how can I print all possible combinations of a word with caps/non-caps. Eg Applying operation on "cap" should generate output as follows. cap CAP Cap cAp caP CAp cAP CaP (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific letter in a file by other letter

Good afternoon all, I want to ask how to change some letter in my file with other letter in spesific line eg. data.txt 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 for example i want to change the 4th line with character 1. How could I do it by SED or AWK. I have tried to run this code but actually did not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weslyarfan
3 Replies
VOIKKOSPELL(1)						      General Commands Manual						    VOIKKOSPELL(1)

NAME
voikkospell - test program for Voikko spell checker SYNOPSIS
voikkospell [options] DESCRIPTION
voikkospell is a test program for spell checking functionality in libvoikko, library of Finnish language tools. It reads words from stdin (one word on a line) and print them to stdout, adding "C: " in front of correct words and "W: " in front of incorrect words. Common options of different Voikko test programs are listed in COMMON OPTIONS. OPTIONS
-m In addition to spelling result, prints morphological analysis info (A:) for recognized words. -M Prints morphological analysis info (A:) for recognized words without displaying spelling result. -t Prints only "C" or "W" instead of typical full output. -tt Prints only misspelled words. -s Prints suggestions (S:) for incorrectly spelled words. -cn Set cache size parameter to n. -1 disables the cache and 0 is the default. For checking large amounts of unsorted text you may want to set n to 5 to get better performance. -j n Use n threads for spell checking. When more than one thread is used checking is performed using large internal buffers which is why this mode should only be used for batch processing. -xc Like voikkospell -s but output is printed on one line separated by character c without "C", "W" or "S" in front of the words. If c is not defined words are separated by space and suggestions that have spaces in them are not printed. -l Prints a list of available dictionary variants and exits. The first variant is the default to be used when no specific variant has been requested. ignore_nonwords=n accept_first_uppercase=n accept_extra_hyphens=n accept_missing_hyphens=n ocr_suggestions=n Set the value of the specified boolean option. n can be either 0 (false) or 1 (true). COMMON OPTIONS
-p directory (voikkospell, voikkohyphenate, voikkogc) Look from directory before the standard locations when searching for dictionary files. -d variant (voikkospell, voikkohyphenate, voikkogc) Use dictionary variant variant instead of the default dictionary variant. The variant must be represented as a BCP 47 language tag. ignore_dot=n (voikkospell, voikkohyphenate) ignore_numbers=n (voikkospell, voikkohyphenate) Set the value of the specified boolean option. n can be either 0 (false) or 1 (true). -h, --help Print a help message and exit. --version Print version numbers for libvoikko and the test tool. AUTHOR
voikkospell and this manual page were written by Harri Pitkanen (hatapitk@iki.fi). 2012-02-27 VOIKKOSPELL(1)