Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News Bacula: backups that don't suck Post 302188272 by Linux Bot on Wednesday 23rd of April 2008 04:40:06 AM
Old 04-23-2008
Bacula: backups that don't suck

Wed, 23 Apr 2008 08:00:00 GMT
Good systems administrators know that implementing a robust backup procedure is one of their most important duties. Unfortunately, it's also one of the most complex and least fun. When the phone rings and there's a panic-stricken user on the other end who has just lost a crucial document, you need to be confident that you can promptly recover his missing files. Failure to do so can bring about a speedy end to a promising career in systems administration. So what's a budding sysadmin to do? Download the latest release of Bacula and watch those backup woes disappear into the dark of night.

Source...

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

newbie please help, i suck!!!

hey this is my first post here and i am desperately looking for some help! Im trying to write a shell script for the first time and ive run into some issues. Im writing a script that takes two strings as parameters, im then using sed to do replacements of the first string over the second string... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbm
3 Replies
BACULA-SD(8)					      Network backup, recovery & verification					      BACULA-SD(8)

NAME
bacula-fd - Bacula's File Daemon SYNOPSIS
bacula-fd [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the bacula command. Bacula's File Daemon acts as the interface between the Bacula network backup system and the filesystems to be backed up: it is responsible for reading/writing/verifying the files to be backup'd/verified/restored. Network transfer can optionally be compressed. OPTIONS
-c file Specify the configuration file to use. -d nn Set debug level to nn. -dt Print timestamp in debug output. -f Run in foreground (for debugging). -g group Set the group/gid to run as. -p Proceed inspite of I/O errors -k Keep readall permission when dropping privileges. -s No signals (for debugging). -t Test the configuration file and report errors. -u user Set the username/uid to run as. -v Set verbose mode. -? Show version and usage of program. SEE ALSO
bacula-dir(8), bacula-sd(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jose Luis Tallon <jltallon@adv-solutions.net>. Kern Sibbald 6 December 2009 BACULA-SD(8)