Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Built for hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00..problem with make Post 302187444 by vasanthan on Monday 21st of April 2008 05:09:14 AM
Old 04-21-2008
Built for hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00..problem with make

make --version in parent server ( server in france) gives me the below information

GNU Make version 3.78.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99
Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE

we have same hardware here ......

1)when i try to do make --version its throwing me error.... i know understand
that i need to install GNU make

where could i found the same version of GNU make....
can any1 send me the link

2)and more over when i do
/usr/sbin/swlist | grep GNU
GNU_C_C++ 4.1.1
GNU_C_C++_64 4.1.1
GNU_C_C++_SOURCE 4.1.1

this info is displayed in my france server but in my local server it does find anything with GNU

my question is do i need to install the GNU package ( .....for C source code also)

please send me the link for this also

and add on for this

gmake --version displays following in france server

GNU Make version 3.78.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00
Copyright (C) 1988, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99
Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Report bugs to <bug-make@gnu.org>.
and
gmake --version on local server displays

GNU Make 3.81
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11

Best regards
vasanthan

Last edited by vasanthan; 04-21-2008 at 06:27 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

oracle probs on HPUX11

Hi all we r using hpUX11.00 9000 sever as oracle 8i db server... But the problem is we have 4 instances of dbs but upto my knowledge there are only to ports available for TNS listen... how can i configure or get wht ever it may be the other two ports for tns listener......... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

decompress in HPUX11 by Gunzip and gzip

Hello evrebody , I have HPUX-11, i try to install "Mozilla" and "unzip utillity" I cannot decompress file (F.tar.gz) or file(F.gz) by commandes: gunzip -dv F.tar.gz | tar -xvf gunzip F.tar.gz or gzip -dv F.tar.gz |tar -xvf gzip F.gz maybe someone know What's the reason? maybe i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanly64
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with comp built for Linux..

I built a PC I intended on using to run Linux. It was using a AMD XP 2000 processor, had a 80 gig hard drive, and 256 mb of ram. I got it all connected and working and installed OpenLinux (from book "Learn Linux in 24 hours" that came with a instillation CD). My intent was to take about a month... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tony Empire
18 Replies

4. HP-UX

Mozilla install for HPUX11 (libintl.sl.1)

Hello evrebody , I have HPUX-11, i try to install "Mozilla 1.4" and when i am runing: /opt/mozilla/mozilla I get this message: Starting Mozilla ... /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libintl.sl.1 /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanly64
6 Replies

5. Solaris

problem to make a crontab -l

Hello everyone, this is the first i write in the forum, hope i can help , but now i have a problem There must be something wrong in my machine. I installed ( years ago ) an application (NEP) and when I try to show the backup scheduled in crontab the systems says i have no privilegies to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javierg
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

ipfilter hpux11.11

how can I create a rule that will allow my machine to FTP to itself, but not allow other machines to FTP to it.. I know this sounds weird but this how they want it so they can test some application functionality that uses ftp. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with make command

hi guys would u clarify me how to use make command , how to write rules of make command and to execute . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinakampalli p
1 Replies

8. Solaris

make command problem

hi, I'was trying to compile a simple game , just for testing the system, but the make command gave me problems, so I read that it was best to have a gnu make package installed so I made pkgrm SUNWgmake and installed the gnu make from sunfreesoftware, the problem is that now when I run make... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: freeware
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with make

I have the following makefile to create my programs, and getting the following error. Somehow it it trying to get to ./programs/rdt/raytrac.cc rather than ./programs/raytrac.cc It seems to be picking the last path to rdt g++ -traditional -Wno-non-template-friend -Wno-deprecated -O3 -DNDEBUG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Problem in Make file

Dear all, we are facing a problem solarais 10.5 we are trying to install zip23 when i run this command make -f unix/Makefile system i got this error make: fatal error: Don't know how to make target 'system' please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emad Nabil
2 Replies
run(1)								     GNU Tools								    run(1)

NAME
run--Simulator front-end SYNOPSIS
run [-v] [-p freq] [-m memory] [--sysroot filepath] program DESCRIPTION
Use `run program' to execute a binary by interpreting machine instructions on your host computer. run is the same emulator used by GDB's `target sim' command. You can run it directly by executing run if you just want to see your program execute, and do not need any debugger functionality. You can also use run to generate profiling information for analysis with gprof. OPTIONS
-v Verbose output. Display the name of the program to run before execution; after execution, display the number of instructions exe- cuted, the number of machine cycles emulated, the number of pipeline stalls, the real time taken, the emulated execution time taken, and a summary of how much profiling information was generated. -p freq Generate profile information (for use with gprof). freq is the profiling frequency. Write the profiling information to a file called gmon.out. -m memory Set the memory size for the emulated machine to two to the power memory. The default value is 19, emulating a board with 524288 bytes of memory. --sysroot filepath Prepend filepath to all simulator system calls that pass absolute file paths. Change working directory to filepath at program start. Not all simulators support this option; those that don't, will ignore it. SEE ALSO
`gprof' entry in info; `gdb' entry in info; Using GDB: A Guide to the GNU Source-Level Debugger, Richard M. Stallman and Roland H. Pesch. COPYING
Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This document is distributed under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, version 1.1. That license is described in the sources for this manual page, but it is not displayed here in order to make this manual more consise. Copies of this license can also be obtained from: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/. GNU Tools 13oct1993 run(1)