Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To use lib or lib32?
Top Forums Programming To use lib or lib32? Post 302184411 by era on Friday 11th of April 2008 11:55:24 AM
Old 04-11-2008
Probably try lib first. On my 64-bit system, lib is a symlink to lib64 (or was it the other way around) and lib32 is for non-native 32-bit stuff (like proprietary drivers and codecs which only exist in i386 binary form and can't be recompiled for 64-bit).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

ct-lib on Lynix

Hi Friends ! Where can I get free ct-lib for Lynix ?? My problem is something like this-- Sybase server is running on a Solaris machine. Now I trying to access the Sybase from a Lynix machine for which i need ct-lib. I tried by downloading some free ct-libs for Lynix on the net, but they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgubbala
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how install lib...

i download a boost library from net on/by window machine...i am using telnet connection.then how can i untar/compile/install boost library to /usr/local/lib...on my unix machine. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prangin
1 Replies

3. Programming

2D Graphics Lib

Hi, I am on Fedora9 and need to do some simple 2D graphics (for game development). I am looking for an ideal 2D library/package to be used with GCC. I have come accross GRX, libmxi and some OpenGL (The 3D), but none of which seems to be ok. I could not find any tutorial or support material... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nasersh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

a question about debug using gdb(/lib32/libc.so.6: No such file or directory)

Hi all, (gdb) target remote 192.168.185.196:1389 Remote debugging using 192.168.185.196:1389 warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function. GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers and track explicitly loaded dynamic code. 0x2fbd0800 in ?? () (gdb) l 1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

5. Programming

Question on using gd lib with c++

Hello, I'm trying to use gd with c++ in linux. Previously, I had already succeed using the gd lib in windows through gdwin32. Now I would like to run the program in linux but i'm not sure how to do it. I'm currently try running it in cygwin, but I couldn't compiled it. Any suggestion? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahrulb
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

ls: /lib/libattr.so.1: no version information available (required by /lib/libacl.so.1)

Hello, I'm experimenting a problem on my rh server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 8) 2.4.21-47.ELsmp #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux It started with a segmentation fault on #id root To resolve it, I've installed coreutils-4.5.3-28.4.i386.rpm But, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Lib missing

Hai dear, I am installing some application on linux RedHat 9 It gives me following discrepancies lib.so.6 (GLIBC_2.3.4) needed lib.so.6 (GLIBC_2.4) needed libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.3) needed rtld(GNU_HASH) needed i tried to search a lot on internet to find relative rpm for these libs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
3 Replies

8. AIX

LIB Version

Hi...please help with command to find the library version on AIX server ---------- Post updated at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:31 PM ---------- AIX version is 6.1.Please (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanal
4 Replies

9. AIX

Lib files

Hi All, I am trying to install IIS Suite application on AIX box. It gave an error as below Ensure the following libraries do not exist: /usr/lib/libicuio.a, /usr/lib/libicuuc.a, /usr/lib/libicui18n.a. These libraries may cause uvsh to not work properly. I manually removed these files by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't CD to lib ??? why

Hi, I have root access and user name called prod. but it doesn't matter which user I log in as. But I can't CD to the directory. Can you advise. dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1 Sep 12 15:40 lib $id uid=4902(prod) gid=50(develop) $cd lib -bash: cd: lib: Permission... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
7 Replies
isainfo(1)							   User Commands							isainfo(1)

NAME
isainfo - describe instruction set architectures SYNOPSIS
isainfo [ [-v] [-b | -n | -k] | [-x]] DESCRIPTION
The isainfo utility is used to identify various attributes of the instruction set architectures supported on the currently running system. Among the questions it can answer are whether 64-bit applications are supported, or whether the running kernel uses 32-bit or 64-bit device drivers. When invoked with no options, isainfo prints the name(s) of the native instruction sets for applications supported by the current version of the operating system. These are a subset of the list returned by isalist(1). The subset corresponds to the basic applications environ- ments supported by the currently running system. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b Prints the number of bits in the address space of the native instruction set. -k Prints the name of the instruction set(s) used by the operating system kernel components such as device drivers and STREAMS mod- ules. -n Prints the name of the native instruction set used by portable applications supported by the current version of the operating sys- tem. -v When used with the- b, -k or -n options, prints more detailed information. -x Prints instruction extensions to the native ABI which are supported by the platform. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Invoking isainfo on a 32-bit x86 Platform The following example invokes isainfo on a 32-bit x86 platform: example% isainfo -v 32-bit i386 applications example% isainfo -k i386 Example 2: Invoking isainfo on a System Running the 64-bit Operating System on a 64-bit SPARC Processor The following example invokes isainfo on a system running the 64-bit operating system on a 64-bit SPARC processor: example% isainfo sparcv9 sparc example% isainfo -n sparcv9 example% isainfo -v 64-bit sparcv9 applications 32-bit sparc applications example% isainfo -vk 64-bit sparcv9 kernel modules Example 3: Invoking isainfo -x on an AMD Opteron CPU The following example invokes isainfo with the -x option on an AMD Opteron CPU: example% isainfo -x i386: fpu tsc cx8 sep cmov mmx ammx a3dnow a3dnowx fxsr sse sse2 pause EXIT STATUS
Non-zero Options are not specified correctly, or the command is unable to recognize attributes of the system on which it is running. An error message is printed to stderr. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
isalist(1), uname(1), psrinfo(1M), sysinfo(2), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Jul 2004 isainfo(1)