Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris patchadd fails to apply a patch Post 302184015 by Tex-Twil on Thursday 10th of April 2008 09:49:43 AM
Old 04-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex-Twil

Code:
root$ pkgadd -d .

works better Smilie
Is there a way to deal with the dependencies .. i.e. that pkgadd install automatically the dependecies if they are available ?

T.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

2. Solaris

patchadd/patchrm

Ok, I attempted to apply a patch to a V440 and it bailed part way through. When I tried to patchrm the patch (after booting from CD), patchrm said that I had to fully install the failed patch before I could delete it. Since installing it killed the system forcing a boot from CD, it sounds like a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
4 Replies

3. Programming

Apply patch for make file.

I just downloaded a updating make file to build Ethereal to .dll file, but I don't know how to update the old make file with this new one. Please help.. thnx a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueblood
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Patchadd error

Hi, I have a Sun fire V280R server and when i updated the kernel patch i got this error. mdb not found: patchadd not safe. /kernel/dacf/sparcv9/usb_ac_dacf: undefined symbol 'am_attach' /kernel/dacf/sparcv9/usb_ac_dacf: undefined symbol 'am_src2' /kernel/dacf/sparcv9/usb_ac_dacf: undefined... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

patchadd error

Greetings All- I ran into this problem today and was curious if anyone else had seen it. I am attempting to add patch 137402-02 on a v890 running Sol9. Here's the error I get: #> patchadd 137402-02 Checking installed patches... Verifying sufficient filesystem capacity (dry run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
7 Replies

6. Solaris

patchadd command

# patchadd /Desktop/117837-08.jar Validating patches... Loading patches installed on the system... Done! Loading patches requested to install. Done! The following requested patches have packages not installed on the system Package SPROcc from directory SPROcc in patch 117837-08 is... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
19 Replies

7. AIX

Failed to apply the IZ86736 patch in TL6 SP1

while i was trying to apply the patch IZ86736 in TL6_SP1 its give me the below error instfix -d . -p -f /tmp/.instfix_selections.20512908 > File installp -acgNqXd . -f File File: bos.rte.control 06.01.0006.0003 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Apply Patch 119963-21 to Solaris 10 Sparc

Hi, One of the pre requirements o upgrade Netbackup 6.5.4 to 7.1 is to apply Patch 119963-21 to all media servers. My media servers are Oracle Databases ( e-business suite and for other 3rd party app ). I read the Patch 119963-21's README and there is no Install Requirements for this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: HishamN
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed fails to apply substitute commands

I've made a shell script for archiving HTML pages, i.e. making them work offline plus add some features. Here is it: #!/bin/sh if || +/res/+") = "" ]; then echo "Usage: `basename $0` <4chan thread url> <>" exit 0 fi echo "4chan downloader" LOC=$(echo "$1" | sed... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adolf1994
23 Replies
removef(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       removef(1M)

NAME
removef - remove a file from software database SYNOPSIS
removef [ [-M] -R root_path] [-V fs_file] pkginst path... removef [ [-M] -R root_path] [-V fs_file] -f pkginst DESCRIPTION
removef informs the system that the user, or software, intends to remove a pathname. Output from removef is the list of input pathnames that may be safely removed (no other packages have a dependency on them). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f After all files have been processed, removef should be invoked with the -f option to indicate that the removal phase is complete. -M Instruct removef not to use the $root_path/etc/vfstab file for determining the client's mount points. This option assumes the mount points are correct on the server and it behaves consistently with Solaris 2.5 and earlier releases. -R root_path Define the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path. The root_path may be specified when installing to a client from a server (for example, /export/root/client1). removef inherits the value of the PKG_INSTALL_ROOT environment variable. (See ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES, below.) If PKG_INSTALL_ROOT is set, such as when the -R option is used with pkgadd(1M) or pkgrm(1M), there is no need to use the removef -R option. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -V fs_file Specify an alternative fs_file to map the client's file systems. For example, used in situations where the $root_path/etc/vfstab file is non-existent or unreliable. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: path The pathname to be removed. pkginst The package instance from which the pathname is being removed. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using removef The following example uses the removef command in an optional pre-install script: echo "The following files are no longer part of this package and are being removed." removef $PKGINST /myapp/file1 /myapp/file2 | while read pathname do echo "$pathname" rm -f $pathname done removef -f $PKGINST || exit 2 ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
removef inherits the value of the following environment variable. This variable is set when pkgadd(1M) or pkgrm(1M) is invoked with the -R option. PKG_INSTALL_ROOT If present, defines the full path name of a directory to use as the system's PKG_INSTALL_ROOT path. All product and package information files are then looked for in the directory tree, starting with the specified PKG_INSTALL_ROOT path. If not present, the default system path of / is used. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgproto(1), pkgtrans(1), installf(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgask(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgrm(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) NOTES
Package commands are largefile(5)-aware. They handle files larger than 2 GB in the same way they handle smaller files. In their current implementations, pkgadd(1M), pkgtrans(1) and other package commands can process a datastream of up to 4 GB. SunOS 5.11 30 Oct 2007 removef(1M)