Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris locating additiona apps/sw on Solaris 9 Post 302181658 by bluridge on Thursday 3rd of April 2008 01:53:01 PM
Old 04-03-2008
locating additiona apps/sw on Solaris 9

I was asked to find all of the applications/software/utility programs on a couple of the servers we have here. That does not appear to be a problem as we know most of these stuff are probably put in the /opt or the /usr directory. Is this the only location where these software are put? Is there a command that can be run (native Solaris command?) that can be run and dump all of these apps/sw to a file? I also need to find the version of these apps/sw, and this makes it a little tricky as I don't know much about other non-Sun apps/sw.

If anyone has an idea, please let me know what you all use.

Thanks Much!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3d graphics apps for unix/solaris

Hi, I noticed that SUN is selling the Blade 100 workstation for < 1000. I am considering buying one with a high end graphics card for 3D animation/graphics (and also some java development). I am wondering if any relatively inexpensive graphics applications exist for Unix/Solaris machines. Anybody... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eqpfunk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locating C source code

Hi, I'm trying to locate where on the filesystem I can find the source code for C standard libraries. The reason why is I'd like to look at the implementation of "'atoi"'. I've tried a brutal search of "grep -r "atoi" *" from root as root but the search took too long. I'm running redhat 7.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chadwick0
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Solaris Sparc Apps on X86 Solaris

I know that Sun make s a version of Solaris for Sparc platforms and also an x86 (Intel/AMD) release of Solaris. Can an application that runs on Solaris/Sparc also run on a PC running the x86 release of Solaris? Would a different release be required or any re-compling of the application? jim (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stocksj
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

locating the last file in the directory

i have few files in a directory.. i want to know , how to locate or display that last file in the directory which has the max date.. pls help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically locating a file

Hi, I have a requriement where in I need to install a s/w by executing the installable file through a script. The script currently contains the path of the installable file. I need to now update the script accordingly such tht it identifies the location of the installable file automatically and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoursdavinder
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Help with locating a file (to download)

debian_base_system.tar.bz2 is what I am looking for. Hello All; I am trying to learn Linux and have done some work, now I am installing Xen virtual machine But I need a .tar.bz2 file which is the base Operating System (for Ubuntu or Debian)* but I do not know where to download it from, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matey
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locating a hidden file

it seems one of my server's account was compromised. I caught a perl script running a hack/attack script: 20:23 /usr/bin/perl ./up **.**.**.** 0 120 I've disabled the user etc, but I cannot find the script "up" anywhere in the server. I tried using locate or find. any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaRiOsGR
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Locating files!

My question is : -How do I locate files of specific user in specific folder. In other words, How do I find files that belong only to "root" user, in /etc folder? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexex666
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Locating all the scripts which start with:#!

Hi, I need to find all the executable shell scripts under /home dirctory and its sub directories. I would like to print the path to the files , which include in the header of the file: #! (Actually its the first line of the file). I have tried : find . -name "*" -type f -exec sh -c ' ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoav
14 Replies
gjacktransport(1)					      JACK transport control						 gjacktransport(1)

NAME
gjacktransport - JACK transport control application SYNOPSIS
gjacktransport [options] DESCRIPTION
gjacktransport gjacktransport is a tool that provides graphical control over JACK Audio Connection Kit's transport mechanism via a dynamic graphical slider. In other words: this software allows to seek Audio/Video media when they are played along JACK transport. It features * customizable keyboard shortcuts * custom start/end markers for transport slider in various units * memory presets for start/end markers. * auto-zoom and reposition slider * flexible layout & window * save and restore settings. * (optional) session-management via LASH. and is intended for JACK apps which do not themselves provide a timeline (fi. ecasound, xjadeo,..) and to supplement other apps which do (fi. ardour, hydrogen, seq24,..) OPTIONS
run gjacktransport --help for a list of options FILES
@sysconfdir@/gjacktransportrc SEE ALSO
gjackclock(1) AUTHOR
Robin Gareus <robin@gareus.org> linuxaudio.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007, 2010 Robin Gareus http://gjacktransport.sf.net November 1, 2010 gjacktransport(1)