Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fill the Key fields : Please help us Post 302180379 by charandevu on Monday 31st of March 2008 02:07:29 AM
Old 03-31-2008
hi era

Quote:
Originally Posted by era
Write an awk script which remembers the fields from the previous line, and adds as many to the front as are missing to form a full line. Assume the first line indicates how many fields a full line should have. Read up on array handling in the awk documentation.
I am new to this awk command ...........can you give a sample code on this requirment....that would be a helpful.....

Thanks your response
charan

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Esc key/Auto-fill

I'm an HPUX/Linux guy, who appreciates occasionally hitting the Esc key for Auto-fill... Does sunOS have anything like this? This is my 1st post, and I didn't want to waste it :D thanks, manuel (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

align several fields and fill spaces with zero

hi all, i have a big problem, and i donīt know what to do. i have a flat file with several fields, which are separated by ";" like this: 5656838-7B;97030000-7;*;V16106133 ;1;1; 4612062-0B;97030000-7;*;C14038149 ;1;2; 8044938-0B;97030000-7;*;V16034219 ;1;2; where B is a blank space. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pressing backspace key simulates enter key

Hi, Whenever i press the backspace key, a new line appears, i.e. it works like a enter key. :confused: Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching by key fields

I have a file (key.dat) that contains two columns: AA|1234| BB|567| CC|8910| I have another file (extract.dat) that contains some data: SD|458|John|Smith| AA|3345|Frank|Williams| AA|1234|Bill|Garner| BD|0098|Yu|Lin| BB|567|Gail|Hansen| CC|8910|Ken|Nielsen| I want to compare the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChicagoBlues
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl function to sort a file based on key fields

Hi, I am new to PERL.I want to sort all the lines in a file based on 1,2 and 4th filelds. Can U suggest me a command/function in perl for this operation.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikd214
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Fields from two text files using key columns

Hi All, I have two files to compare. Each has 10 columns with first 4 columns being key index together. The rest of the columns have monetary values. Using Perl, I want to read one file into hash; check for the key value availability in file 2; then compare the values in the rest of 6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 ssh public key authentication issue - Server refused our key

Hi, I've used the following way to set ssh public key authentication and it is working fine on Solaris 10, RedHat Linux and SuSE Linux servers without any problem. But I got error 'Server refused our key' on Solaris 8 system. Solaris 8 uses SSH2 too. Why? Please help. Thanks. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fill fields with awk from an array?

Hi experts, I have been trying for a while to accomplish the following task using awk, and I just don't seem find find a way. I am not particular about using awk, it just seemed like the logical choice at first. I have a file that contains 5 fields that are delimited by a space character.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GermanicGalore
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join and merge multiple files with duplicate key and fill void columns

Join and merge multiple files with duplicate key and fill void columns Hi guys, I have many files that I want to merge: file1.csv: 1|abc 1|def 2|ghi 2|jkl 3|mno 3|pqr file2.csv: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yjacknewton
5 Replies
cdk_position(3) 					     Library Functions Manual						   cdk_position(3)

NAME
cdk_position - curses widget positioning key-bindings SYNOPSIS
Position methods for the Cdk widgets allow the user to move the widget around the screen via the cursor/keypad keys. DESCRIPTION
The following key bindings can be used to move the widget around the screen. +---------------------------------------------------------------+ |Key Action | +---------------------------------------------------------------+ |Up Arrow Moves the widget up one row. | |Down Arrow Moves the widget down one row. | |Left Arrow Moves the widget left one column | |Right Arrow Moves the widget right one column | |1 Moves the widget down one row and left one | | column. | |2 Moves the widget down one row. | |3 Moves the widget down one row and right one | | column. | |4 Moves the widget left one column | |5 Centers the widget both vertically and hori- | | zontally. | |6 Moves the widget right one column | |7 Moves the widget up one row and left one | | column. | |8 Moves the widget up one row. | |9 Moves the widget up one row and right one | | column. | |t Moves the widget to the top of the screen. | |b Moves the widget to the bottom of the | | screen. | |l Moves the widget to the left of the screen. | |r Moves the widget to the right of the screen. | |c Centers the widget between the left and | | right of the window. | |C Centers the widget between the top and bot- | | tom of the window. | |Escape Returns the widget to its original position. | |Return Exits the function and leaves the wid- | | getwhere it was. | +---------------------------------------------------------------+ +---------------------------------------------------------------+ The numbers 0-9 are chosen to correspond to the numeric keypad on your terminal. Cdk does not handle the application mode keypad control sequences, since those are not defined via terminfo. To use the numeric keypad you should ensure that it is in normal (or NumLock) mode. SEE ALSO
cdk(3), cdk_binding(3), cdk_display(3), cdk_screen(3) cdk_position(3)