Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help Inserting data in mysql table Post 302180167 by vadharah on Sunday 30th of March 2008 08:23:54 AM
Old 03-30-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin52
I found this page with a explanation how to insert dates in mysql, hope this helps:

MySQL Tutorial - Date

Regards
Franklin52 thanks for that was very helpful.....

would you know how to limit time to only hour and minute?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

MySql: create table error

Hi, iam learning MySql. Iam trieing to create a table in the database "guestbook" at the command line in mysql heres what i type but i get a error mysql>create table guestbook ->( -> name varchar(40) null. -> url varchar(40) null. -> comments ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Values From A File Into A Table

Guys, I want to insert some values from a log file into a temporary table. the values in the log file looks like this SV_NAME CC_NAME CP_DISP_RUN_STATE ------- ------------------- ----------------- sble01 ALLTEL WorkMon24Hrs Running I want to enter the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting records from flat file to db table

I have 20000 numbers present in a file in each line like 25663, 65465, 74579, 56446, .. .. I have created a table in db with single number column in it. create table testhari (no number(9)); I want to insert all these numbers into that table. how can i do it? can anybody please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
4 Replies

4. Programming

API C MYSQL vs lock table ???

(sorry for my english) Hi, i have an app that uses MYSQL API C.. i trying do a timeout until the table is locked by an other thread , in the docs of Mysql i can see that MYSQL_OPT_READ_TIMEOUT is not implemented for linux ¿?¿?.. any body knows a way to do a timeout until the table is locked by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JEscola
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting data into a table from a flat file

Hi, I want to insert data into a table from a flat file, the file is having around 25 columns and some 10,000 records. The columns values are seperated by a space. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print out data from mysql table in perl script

I'm having trouble with this code. if i do .\read.pl -u user it prints out 2010-12-20 12:00:00 host1 <cmd>a 2010-12-20 12:00:01 host1 <cmd> <execute> 2010-12-20 12:00:02 host1 <cmd>b 2010-12-20 12:00:03 host1 <cmd>c however, if i enter .\read.pl -h host1 it should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql table disappear

I have set a mysql file to excute everyday morning to generate a html file displayng 2 tables from the database. Sometime they cannot be shown, and it shows the tables are not existed. I have not drop any table, and those 2 tables are not used by any other excution. Anybody know what is happening?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c203040
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error inserting a clob file into DB table

Hi all, I am reading control file log from my server and putting it to a variable for j in $(cat $dirname/ctl_file.log) do if then Y=${#fileclob_ctl_file} if then fileclob_ctl_file=$j else fileclob_ctl_file="${fileclob_ctl_file},${j}" fi fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
5 Replies

9. Programming

MYSQL merge csv data with exisiting table

I have a MYSQL table with demographic data. The addresses contained in the table were entered manually before the advent of online postcode lookup software and, hence, there are a lot of errors when using automated online mailing checking software. I plan to export the data as csv file for a 3rd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Data to MySQL Table Columns

I have two scripts, each script reads an individual data file and copies specific lines of data and sends to MySQL table. Only difference is, each script sends data to a separate column on the same DB. I want to use one script to populate DB table and have data look horizontal, with no overlapping.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SysAdminRialto
3 Replies
replace(1)							  MySQL database							replace(1)

NAME
replace - A utility program that is used by msql2mysql, but that has more general applicability as well. replace changes strings in place in files or on the standard input. Uses a finite state machine to match longer strings first. Can be used to swap strings. USAGE
replace [-?svIV] from to from to ... -- [files] or replace [-?svIV] from to from to ... < fromfile > tofile SYNOPSIS
replace [-?|-I] [-s] [-v] DESCRIPTION
replace -?|-I info -s silent -v verbose EXTRA INFO
Special characters in from string: ^ Match start of line. $ Match end of line.  Match space-character, start of line or end of line. For a end  the next replace starts locking at the end space-character. A  alone in a string matches only a space-character. EXAMPLE
this command swaps a and b in the given files: shell> replace a b b a -- file1 file2 ... SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysql_fix_privi- lege_tables(1), mysqlshow(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 4.0.24 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@mysql.com), MySQL AB (http://www.mysql.com/). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mercur- media.com) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 19 December 2000 replace(1)