Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bsh shell on SCO
Operating Systems SCO Bsh shell on SCO Post 302179190 by martocapo on Thursday 27th of March 2008 07:43:14 AM
Old 03-27-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
See if the bsh shell is listed in /etc/perms, if so just copy the files from the old system to the new system using the same ownership and permissions.
If it is not in /etc/perms, then copy the file that is first executed to invoke the shell, and then try to run it, and continue copying files until you get no more error messages.

SCO is binary compatible all the way back to Xenix 2.1
Thks for your reply.
I have do it so and does't work, i think is the version of the O.S. it's telling me "memory fault (coredump)" when i run a copy of the binary "bsh" copied from the old unix system, the version of the old unix is a 5.0.4 SCO and i have to install a 5.0.7 SCO on my HP blade WMWare ESX because of the limitation of the 5.0.4. sco can't support new CPUs.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert from ksh to bsh

How difficult is it to convert from bourn shell to korn shell and visversa. Reason: If someone bombsout or logs out incorrectly the application we are using give the next person to log in the same permissions as the person that bombed out. Therefore createing ownership problems on print files. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boyd Young
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between ksh and bsh

i am not that techie when it comes to unix. all i know is how to code... kindly enlighten me regarding the difference between ksh and bsh. we are currently running scripts using ksh... what would be the implications if we need them to run using bsh? thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
4 Replies

3. AIX

bsh problem

When I use bsh, and run "set -o vi" show the following error message: $set -o vi -o: 0402-003 A specified flag is not valid for this command. is my bsh problem or bsh use different command to do "set -o vi"? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Basic Query]bsh script in tcsh shell

I am a beginner (Just 2 days old:o ), i will really appreciate if you can solve my silly queries as below: Lets say i write a script like this #!/bin/bsh clear #to read name from keyboard echo "your name please.." read fname echo "you just entered $fname" exit 0 My environment is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesharma
2 Replies
pam_console_appy(8)					   System Administrator's Manual				       pam_console_appy(8)

NAME
pam_console_apply - set or revoke permissions for users at the system console SYNOPSIS
pam_console_apply [-r] DESCRIPTION
pam_console_apply sets or resets permissions on devices in the same manner as pam_console. If /var/run/console.lock exists, pam_console_apply will grant permissions to the user listed therein. If the lock file does not exist, permissions are reset to those listed in /etc/security/console.perms, which should be configured to set permissions on devices so that root owns them. ARGUMENTS
-r Signals pam_console_apply to reset permissions. The default is to set permissions so that the user listed in /var/run/console.lock has access to the devices, and to reset permissions if no such file exists. FILES
/var/run/console.lock /etc/security/console.perms SEE ALSO
pam_console(8) console.perms(5) BUGS
Let's hope not, but if you find any, please report them via the "Bug Track" link at http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/ AUTHOR
Nalin Dahyabhai <nalin@redhat.com>, using code shamelessly stolen from parts of pam_console. Red Hat 2001/3/6 pam_console_appy(8)