Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help it works but its to SLOW Post 302179077 by era on Thursday 27th of March 2008 12:48:53 AM
Old 03-27-2008
It's been a long time since I worked with SNMP so can't really help there. Being able to batch all the commands would probably speed it up a little bit, as you spend a significant amount of time just handshaking when you do them one by one.

Another thing I noticed just now: the parentheses inside the backticks are redundant, they force a subshell to be spawned within the backticks for no good reason.

No, it's a pretty decent script. Beginner scripts are often ways too overcomplicated but this one is straightforward and you don't seem too confused about how to do things. If you can avoid the backticks then that's probably a design improvement, but that probably requires you to find a different SNMP command.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

slow ftp

On one of of solaris 7 boxes whenever i telnet or ftp it takes sometime before i get the prompt...any quick ideas where I should look...Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suntan
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Slow

The site has gone slow for quite some time... Can you do somethin abt it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

3. SCO

Slow cd response

Hi All We have one SCO Server here and it never gives us any trouble. Until Now!! Well its not earth shattering but we have one user who is complaining of a very slow response time when changing to his Home Directory. Other users who have similar profiles are OK. I have su'd to this user and I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnOB
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp is slow

All of the sudden scp got really slow ... from 2-3 seconds to 30 seconds. This happened for 5 hours, and then it went back to running fast. Why? If I use the -q qualifier which "Disables the progress meter" could this have any adverse effect? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomstone_98
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How ls | wc -l works?

ls displays files in tabbed output. Say a directory contains 3 files. ls will list all 3 in one line. So, I expect ls | wc -l to give 1, but it counts the nr of files and gives 3. Can someone explain how this works? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
3 Replies

6. Programming

how this works?

pls explain me how this works.... DECODE (SUBSTR (field, 1, 1),'''', '''''' || field || '''','''' || field || '''') here field is a column in an oracle table.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

>./a.pl works, >a.pl - does not

When I try to execute script, I get message: >aa.pl zsh: command not found: aa.pl but >./aa.pl works OK. What to change in environment to force the former way to work? Thank you, Alex Z (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzol
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How this works?

I have a program............ #include<stdio.h> #include<unistd.h> main() { if(fork == 0) { printf("Hi every body:p!!!!!!!!!!"); } } This program works with out any error. here fork is not a system call. It just act as a variable.But how it works without declaring it? What data type it... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: carolsanjeevi
19 Replies
Info::Layer2::HPVC(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Info::Layer2::HPVC(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer2::HPVC - SNMP Interface to HP VirtualConnect Switches AUTHOR
Jeroen van Ingen SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $hp = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'myswitch', Community => 'public', Version => 2 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $hp->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
Provides abstraction to the configuration information obtainable from a HP VirtualConnect Switch via SNMP. For speed or debugging purposes you can call the subclass directly, but not after determining a more specific class using the method above. my $hp = new SNMP::Info::Layer2::HPVC(...); Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::Layer2 Required MIBs HPVC-MIB CPQSINFO-MIB HPVCMODULE-MIB All required MIBs can be found in the netdisco-mibs package. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $hp->os() Returns hpvc $hp->os_bin() "cpqHoFwVerVersion.1" $hp->os_ver() "cpqHoSWRunningVersion.1" $hp->serial() "cpqSiSysSerialNum.0" $hp->vendor() hp $hp->model() "cpqSiProductName.0" Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer2 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Overrides Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer2 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for details. MUNGES
SET METHODS
These are methods that provide SNMP set functionality for overridden methods or provide a simpler interface to complex set operations. See "SETTING DATA VIA SNMP" in SNMP::Info for general information on set operations. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer2::HPVC(3pm)