Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tree structure of the data
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting tree structure of the data Post 302178699 by bakunin on Wednesday 26th of March 2008 07:35:16 AM
Old 03-26-2008
Use recursion.

You will create a function display_child(), which gets the name of the child. This function searches the file for childs and calls display_child() with all the childs it finds.

If the function finds no more childs it creates the output and passes this to the calling function.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

what data structure for polinomial

Hello, guys Anyone had experiences to express polynomial using c language. I want to output the polynomial formula after I solve the question. Not to count the value of a polynomial. That means I have to output the polynomial formula to screen. such as: f :=... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xli3
0 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

inode data structure

the superblock has the offset for inode table. My question is 1) whether it starts relative to the start of the first cylinder group or is it relative to the start of filesystem??? 2)and also which entry corresponds to the root(/) inode?? is it second or third entry??? My questions are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwerreyaz
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tree directory structure of Unix to get final node path

Hi, I want to list all the last directories from mentioned base path. for eg: If i have a base path say /base/base1/ How can i get the path till last node in tree like directory structure of unix by applying any command. so that i will get following output. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiv@jad
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a tree structure in software modules

I have a list of software funtions in tcl code. Some of these functions call other functions. I want to build a tree structure of all called functions. Right now I list all the functions into a file then read this file so that I can cat each function and grep for EXECUTE (command that calls... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands to create hierarchical tree structure

I am creating a hierarchical tree structure and I was wondering what commands I needed to do that. I have 4 directories and sixteen sub directories and 4 files. Thank you for your help in getting my started in right direction.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GreginNC
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help need while creating tree structure

Hi Experts, I have table in mysql like below: 'user` ( `user_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `parent_id` varchar(100) NOT NULL, `member_name` varchar(100) NOT NULL, `city` varchar(100) NOT NULL, `member_id` varchar(100) NOT NULL, `password` varchar(100) NOT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How we can create the master file through shell to show the tree structure of the directory?

Can we create the master file that show the whole tree structure of the directory till a particular folder? Database that contains four sub repository Sybase,sql,oracle,mysql and sql and oracle contains two subrepostories Siebel and plsql and each repositories contains three folders... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do you recognize this data structure?

I am working with an undocumented feature of a software product (BladeLogic). It is returning the below string in response to a query. It is enclosed with square brackets, "records" are separated with commas and "fields" separated with semicolons. My thought was that this might be some basic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dshcs
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell output with plot a tree structure.

Hi All, i am in need of plotting graph ( tree structure ) depends upon my shell script output. For this requirement, what kind of open source avail in market. For example: (my script output will be like below ) Parent:A process-name:child-processes A:B,C B: D expecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
1 Replies
VFORK(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							  VFORK(2)

NAME
vfork -- spawn new process in a virtual memory efficient way SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> pid_t vfork(void); DESCRIPTION
vfork() can be used to create new processes without fully copying the address space of the old process, which is horrendously inefficient in a paged environment. It is useful when the purpose of fork(2) would have been to create a new system context for an execve. vfork() differs from fork in that the child borrows the parent's memory and thread of control until a call to execve(2) or an exit (either by a call to exit(2) or abnormally.) The parent process is suspended while the child is using its resources. vfork() returns 0 in the child's context and (later) the pid of the child in the parent's context. vfork() can normally be used just like fork. It does not work, however, to return while running in the childs context from the procedure that called vfork() since the eventual return from vfork() would then return to a no longer existent stack frame. Be careful, also, to call _exit rather than exit if you can't execve, since exit will flush and close standard I/O channels, and thereby mess up the parent processes standard I/O data structures. (Even with fork it is wrong to call exit since buffered data would then be flushed twice.) SEE ALSO
execve(2), fork(2), sigaction(2), wait(2) ERRORS
The vfork() system call will fail for any of the reasons described in the fork man page. In addition, it will fail if: [EINVAL] A system call other than _exit() or execve() (or libc functions that make no system calls other than those) is called fol- lowing calling a vfork() call. BUGS
This system call will be eliminated when proper system sharing mechanisms are implemented. Users should not depend on the memory sharing semantics of vfork as it will, in that case, be made synonymous to fork. To avoid a possible deadlock situation, processes that are children in the middle of a vfork() are never sent SIGTTOU or SIGTTIN signals; rather, output or ioctl(2) calls are allowed and input attempts result in an end-of-file indication. HISTORY
The vfork() function call appeared in 3.0BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution June 4, 1993 4th Berkeley Distribution