Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kernel parameter values
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers kernel parameter values Post 302177461 by andryk on Friday 21st of March 2008 07:50:06 AM
Old 03-21-2008
Hi,
On an older hpux its kmtune but on yours i guess its kctune (eg. kctune -l)
There is sam which might be more friendly ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter

Hi all How to change the system parameter (kernel Parameter) in sun solaris..i wan't to increase the maximum no of user processs.i found it frm sysdef command that it has a value of 3048 i wan't to increase it as smtime while forking a new proceess it,s giving error max limit of user process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter

Hi all I am using HPUX 11.00 .its a HP9000 L class server with 1gb ram and dual processor 540Mhz. i want to know abt the two kernel parameter mentioned below 1)maxdsize 2)maxssize these two parameter has the default values and it has not been changed once. as some application on this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter settings

Hello All, can someone clarify finally what are the kernel parameter settings for ORACLE9i on SOLARIS9 ? the following first part is copy paste from the sun's web... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grep
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change a kernel parameter

Hello and thank you everyone that has helped guide me in the past. I need to change the max_thread_proc parameter in order for certain Oracle utilities to function correctly. It is currently set at 64. I am a dba not an sa so please excuse my lack of knowledge on something that is probably... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soestx
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter in SOL

Hello everbody: I have Sol9, and I need to check its kernekl parameters, do you know how to list them or in which file they can be found. Thanks in Advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Equivalent Kernel parameter in HP-UX

Hi, May I pls. know what would be the equivalent kernel parameter in HP-UX for the below Linux kernel parameter. sysctl kern.ps_showallprocs - This setting in Linux would let users see their own processes in "ps". Thanks, Narasimha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vnarsim
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

nk thread kernel parameter

Hi. I wanted to know, that if an issue is coming, where ,on running a load test, the memory of the APP server(unix) increases, but does not come down once the test is over, in that case, does tuning the nk thread paramter help in teleasing of the memory..??? plz answer soon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TC123
2 Replies

8. Solaris

How to change the Kernel parameter MAXDSIZE

Hi, How can I change the Kernel parameter MAXDSIZE??:confused::confused: Thanks in Advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I list kernel module parameter values?

Hi, I have problem with parameter configuration. My question is after the configuration, how to check if successfully change the value or not? I saw someone has the same question, and followed his steps. Original thread:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skybb
3 Replies
MKINITRAMFS(8)							mkinitramfs manual						    MKINITRAMFS(8)

NAME
mkinitramfs - low-level tool for generating an initramfs image SYNOPSIS
mkinitramfs [-c compress] [-d confdir] [-k] -o outfile [-r root] [-v] [version] mkinitramfs [--supported-host-version= hversion] mkinitramfs [--supported-target-version= tversion] DESCRIPTION
The mkinitramfs script generates an initramfs image. The initramfs is a compressed cpio archive. The archive can be used on a different box of the same arch with the corresponding Linux kernel. mkinitramfs is meant for advanced usage. On your local box update-initramfs calls mkinitramfs with the relevant parameters. update-initramfs keeps sha1sum of generated initramfs. It takes care to generate backups and eventually runs the bootloader. At boot time, the kernel unpacks that archive into RAM disk, mounts and uses it as initial root file system. All finding of the root device happens in this early userspace. OPTIONS
-c compress Override the COMPRESS setting in initramfs.conf. -d confdir Set an alternate configuration directory. -k Keep the temporary directory used to make the image. -o outfile Write the image to outfile. -r root Override the ROOT setting in initramfs.conf. -v Set the verbose mode output. version Set the kernel version of the initramfs image (defaults to the running kernel). --supported-host-version=hversion This option queries if mkinitramfs can create ramdisks on a running kernel of version hversion. --supported-target-version=tversion This option queries if mkinitramfs can create ramdisks for kernel version tversion. ENVIRONMENT
mkinitramfs honours the TMPDIR environment variable. If set, it uses subdirectories in the given directory to create its temporary working directories. Else it uses /tmp as default value for that purpose. The given directory should be on a filesystem which allows the execution of files stored there, i.e. should not be mounted with the noexec mount option. FILES
/etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf The default configuration file for the script. See initramfs.conf(5) for a description of the available configuration parameter. /etc/initramfs-tools/modules Specified modules will be put in the generated image and loaded when the system boots. The format - one per line - is identical to that of /etc/modules, which is described in modules(5). /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d The conf.d directory allows one to hardcode bootargs at initramfs build time via config snippets. This allows one to set ROOT or RESUME. This is especially useful for bootloaders, which do not pass an root bootarg. /etc/initramfs-tools/DSDT.aml If this file exists, it will be appended to the initramfs in a way that causes it to be loaded by ACPI. EXAMPLES
Create an initramfs for current running kernel: mkinitramfs -o ~/tmp/initramfs-$(uname -r) Create an initramfs for specific kernel and keep builddirs: mkinitramfs -k -o ~/tmp/initramfs-2.6.21-686 2.6.21-686 Debug initramfs creation (check out written logfile) sh -x mkinitramfs -o ~/tmp/initramfs-$(uname -r) 2> ~/tmp/log AUTHOR
The initramfs-tools are written by Maximilian Attems <maks@debian.org>, Jeff Bailey <jbailey@raspberryginger.com> and numerous others. SEE ALSO
initramfs.conf(5), initramfs-tools(8), update-initramfs(8). Linux 2010/04/07 MKINITRAMFS(8)