Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming make[1] *** [libsupp.a] Error 255 Post 302174253 by jjsoladmin on Monday 10th of March 2008 02:07:36 PM
Old 03-10-2008
MySQL make[1] *** [libsupp.a] Error 255

I have searched google and these forums as well. I am trying to compile proftpd on a vanilla Solaris 10 server and I am getting an error when I try to 'make'

Server - Solaris 10 update 4

Installed packages from sunfreeware.com
autoconf-2.60-sol10-sparc-local
automake-1.10.1-sol10-sparc-local
gcc-3.4.6-sol10-sparc-local
libiconv-1.11-sol10-sparc-local
make-3.81-sol10-sparc-local
ncurses-5.6-sol10-sparc-local
openssl-0.9.8f-sol10-sparc-local

Downloaded proftpd-1.3.1.tar.gz source files from http://www.proftpd.org/

root@solaris10:/usr/local/proftpd-1.3.1#make
echo \#define BUILD_STAMP \"`date`\" >include/buildstamp.h
cd lib/ && make lib
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/proftpd-1.3.1/lib'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2_10 -DSOLARIS2 -I.. -I../include -I/usr/local/openssl -O2 -Wall -c pr_fnmatch.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2_10 -DSOLARIS2 -I.. -I../include -I/usr/local/openssl -O2 -Wall -c sstrncpy.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2_10 -DSOLARIS2 -I.. -I../include -I/usr/local/openssl -O2 -Wall -c strsep.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2_10 -DSOLARIS2 -I.. -I../include -I/usr/local/openssl -O2 -Wall -c vsnprintf.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2_10 -DSOLARIS2 -I.. -I../include -I/usr/local/openssl -O2 -Wall -c glibc-glob.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2_10 -DSOLARIS2 -I.. -I../include -I/usr/local/openssl -O2 -Wall -c glibc-hstrerror.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2_10 -DSOLARIS2 -I.. -I../include -I/usr/local/openssl -O2 -Wall -c glibc-mkstemp.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2_10 -DSOLARIS2 -I.. -I../include -I/usr/local/openssl -O2 -Wall -c pr-syslog.c
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSOLARIS2_10 -DSOLARIS2 -I.. -I../include -I/usr/local/openssl -O2 -Wall -c pwgrent.c
false rc libsupp.a pr_fnmatch.o sstrncpy.o strsep.o vsnprintf.o glibc-glob.o glibc-hstrerror.o glibc-mkstemp.o pr-syslog.o pwgrent.o
make[1]: *** [libsupp.a] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/proftpd-1.3.1/lib'
make: *** [lib] Error 2

Thank you in advanced for your help,

JJ

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Error in issuing a make and make install

Hi, Recently I install a package and try to do a make and make install. However, in the make it gives me below error:- make:Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am' make:Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am' Can anyone please explain to me what does this mean? I have been trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Exit status 255 on sftp

HI guys When i try SFTP to a machine using a user account whose entry in /etc/passwd as follows user:x:8005:508::/export/home/user:/bin/false and i am not placed my keys over there i am using the password option in the sftp Since the keys are not there it ask for the password ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GIC1986
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed limitation of 255 characters

Gurus, sed -e "s/\(.\{1,255\}\)\(.\{1,2\}\)\(.*\)/\1AB\3/" FILE ---this works sed -e "s/\(.\{1,468\}\)\(.\{1,2\}\)\(.*\)/\1AB\3/" FILE ---this does not It works only till 1,255 ( any number below 255 works) Any one know how to increase this limit. Thanks Sirababu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirababu
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo !SR | nc 255.255.2.2 80 - how to in XP?

Hi guys I am trying to interface with an old industrial scanner through an old PC with an old network card and a copy of Linux. It now needs to speak to a Windows XP machine, but I have no idea what the Windows equivalent of these functions would are: echo !1 | nc 255.255.2.2 80 echo ?2 | nc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TonyG
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed 255 Character Limitation

Hello, I am using sed command to place a comma dynamically in certain positions. When the position variable exceeds 255 characters, it errors out. I would appreciate if someone can point in the correct direction sed 's/^\(.\{'"$pos"'\}\)./\1,/' ragha.txt > ragha3.txt If $pos > 255,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Spliting a line after 255 characters.

Hi Guys, I have a file which contains multiple lines. I need to split each line 255 characters and then I need to add call statement in the front and semi colon at the end. I/P: call sp_rebuildindex('aaa.aaa','column column column column column column column column column column ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Booo
4 Replies
AMCRYPT-OSSL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   AMCRYPT-OSSL(8)

NAME
amcrypt-ossl - crypt program for Amanda symmetric data encryption using OpenSSL SYNOPSIS
amcrypt-ossl [-d] DESCRIPTION
amcrypt-ossl uses OpenSSL to encrypt and decrypt data. OpenSSL is available from www.openssl.org. OpenSSL offers a wide variety of cipher choices ( amcrypt-ossl defaults to 256-bit AES) and can use hardware cryptographic accelerators on several platforms. amcrypt-ossl will search for the OpenSSL program in the following directories: /bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ssl/bin:/usr/local/ssl/bin. PASSPHRASE MANAGEMENT
amcrypt-ossl uses the same pass phrase to encrypt and decrypt data. It is very important to store and protect the pass phrase properly. Encrypted backup data can only be recovered with the correct passphrase. OpenSSL's key derivation routines use a salt to guard against dictionary attacks on the pass phrase; still it is important to pick a pass phrase that is hard to guess. The Diceware method (see www.diceware.com) can be used to create passphrases that are difficult to guess and easy to remember. FILES
/var/lib/amanda/.am_passphrase File containing the pass phrase. It should not be readable by any user other than the Amanda user. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), openssl(1), amcrypt-ossl-asym(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Kevin Till <kevin.till@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) NOTES
1. www.openssl.org http://www.openssl.org/ 2. www.diceware.com http://www.diceware.com/ Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 AMCRYPT-OSSL(8)