Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Identifying RF users
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identifying RF users Post 302174212 by jim mcnamara on Monday 10th of March 2008 11:17:05 AM
Old 03-10-2008
By ghost do you mean a zombie? Or do the sessions sit and wait for a blocked read request forever and ever?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Identifying new fields of data

i have hundreds of lines of formatted data with 10 different fields per line. the data is refreshed every few minutes and some fields in some lines may reflect new data. i'm looking for a sample of code that help me to identify those new fields so that i can write them to a file to indicate that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: davels
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to identifying the network card ?

Hi Experts, Can we use some command from unix to find the available network interface? I did tried Its listing following, however how can I decide the which vender card is attached e.g. if its hme , bge or some thing else Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identifying IO without the use of IOTop

Hey, I'm in the process of working on a script to identify IO usage on a high IO server I have setup (Debian Etch). My question is how can identify specific processes that are using much of these resources, I can identify the processes using IOTOP, but doing it remotely via script can be a pain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnbert
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

identifying duplicate entries

hi all, have got a large log file and was wondering if there is a easy way on solaris box to grep out duplicate entries based on email address ?? sample log file : 2010-06-19,04:08:12,235632470,2010-06-18T00:00:00.000+12:00,zinny123@hotmail.com... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
2 Replies

5. Solaris

To restrict the users not to change the passwords for NIS users

Hi All, How to restrict the NIS users not to change their passwords in for NIS users?? and my NIS user is unable to login to at client location what could be the problem for this ? Any body can help me. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sharath Kumar
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Identifying the first line that has zeros

If I have a file like: 9350. 0.288426 9370. 0.320469 9390. 0.394475 9410. 0.353157 9430. 0.336001 9450. 0.336692 9470. 0.356827 9490. 0.359891 9510. 0.346305 9530. 0.356506 9550. 0.348306 9570. 0.36832 9590. 0.379067 9610. 0.0246704 9630. 0 9650. 0 9670. 0 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying the file completion

Hi, A script is running for multiple databases so data is also being populated for multiple DBs in a.txt file. I need to rename this file once all the data is populated. Kindly suggest me How can I check once file is populated completely before renaming? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create multiple users with individual passwords to users

hi, i am new to shell scripts i write a shell script to create multiple users but i need to give passwords to that users while creating users, command to write this script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DONFOX
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying .log files

Hi. Is there a way to: 1) produce a listing of .log files 2) older than 5 years of age 3) that includes the full path and filename together with one file per line Any help producing such a script would be very helpful. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: buechler66
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Identifying a process

morning, i introduce the following sentence: "sudo lsof -i | grep smtp" ang get a list of the processes. two of them i don't know what is the function: 29574 & 29575, with the following indication: "memo" the rest of the processes shown are smtpd. i kill these two processes and they disappear,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brijan007
4 Replies
USB_CONTROL_MSG(9)						   USB Core APIs						USB_CONTROL_MSG(9)

NAME
usb_control_msg - Builds a control urb, sends it off and waits for completion SYNOPSIS
int usb_control_msg(struct usb_device * dev, unsigned int pipe, __u8 request, __u8 requesttype, __u16 value, __u16 index, void * data, __u16 size, int timeout); ARGUMENTS
dev pointer to the usb device to send the message to pipe endpoint "pipe" to send the message to request USB message request value requesttype USB message request type value value USB message value index USB message index value data pointer to the data to send size length in bytes of the data to send timeout time in msecs to wait for the message to complete before timing out (if 0 the wait is forever) CONTEXT
!in_interrupt () DESCRIPTION
This function sends a simple control message to a specified endpoint and waits for the message to complete, or timeout. If successful, it returns the number of bytes transferred, otherwise a negative error number. Don't use this function from within an interrupt context, like a bottom half handler. If you need an asynchronous message, or need to send a message from within interrupt context, use usb_submit_urb. If a thread in your driver uses this call, make sure your disconnect method can wait for it to complete. Since you don't have a handle on the URB used, you can't cancel the request. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 2.6. July 2010 USB_CONTROL_MSG(9)