Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Run a script parallel for a month's worth: Post 302171550 by Smiling Dragon on Thursday 28th of February 2008 06:50:32 PM
Old 02-28-2008
In the absense of further clarification, I'd suggest cron as the solution to your problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a same script in parallel with diffs parameters

i have script say some_script.ksh that takes an argument I need to run some_script.ksh in background parallely at the sametime with different arguments. Once all the background jobs complete, i need to run this script again in parallel with another 5 set of arguments. Would really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hyennah
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run same script multiple times in parallel

Hi all, I have a requirement in which a script invokes a Java program. Lets say script ABC invokes a java program with cfg file a parameter. This script takes 10 minutes to execute . Like this ineed to run the program 10 times meaning 100 minutes if i do it sequentially. If i open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahman_riyaz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script - how to prevent in parallel run

I have one shell script which is being accessed by many jobs at same time. I want to make the script such that , other job should wait for the script if script is being used by some other job. Is there any way to implement it in script level ? Gops (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script in parallel

Hey, I am new to UNIX scripting . I have script (ex: start_script) that starts a job in 10 different servers one server after another.Now I want to modify the script so that the script starts the job in all servers parallely (at a time in all servers).and I need the choice of selecting the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpspsm
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

run the script for last day of the month

Hello Experts, I have a script which i want to run the on last day of every month. let say I have backup.sh script which i want to run it every month last day. Can anyone please help :confused: thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

run the script on every 31st of month.....

Hello expert, I need a logic code {don't want to schedule into crontab} which can run some of my code on 31st of Jan, March, Mya, Aug, Oct, Dec..... Ex: if then echo "success" fi Please help me in achieving this Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in parallel in while loop

Hi I am running a loop which actually runs same script for different argument value passed to it. while read repID do echo "Starting for $repID"; date; perl process_report.pl $repID done<${FILE_TO_READ} However this runs in sequence. I want the loop to not to wait for perl to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run on 2 4 and 7 day of the month

I am looking for a unix script which could run a job on 2, 4 and 7 working day of the month. if the days are falling on the saturday/sunday. it should run on the next day. Thank you.. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tradingspecial
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on every last sunday of the month

Hi ALL, I have been testing this script to run for every last Sunday of the month,looks like month which have 5 sunday (july 2016 )is not passing this and failing every time. Here is what I am using, current_date=31 echo " CURRENT DAY -> $current_date" if ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run rest of script after parallel steps have completed

Hello gurus, I produce a number of .loc files in parallel depending on number of .csv in the folder for file in *csv do ./process.sh $file > $file.loc & done then I want to compile all the output from the previous step into a single masterlocfile and then perform the rest of the steps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
2 Replies
cal(1)								   User Commands							    cal(1)

NAME
cal - display a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [ [month] year] DESCRIPTION
The cal utility writes a Gregorian calendar to standard output. If the year operand is specified, a calendar for that year is written. If no operands are specified, a calendar for the current month is written. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: month Specify the month to be displayed, represented as a decimal integer from 1 (January) to 12 (December). The default is the current month. year Specify the year for which the calendar is displayed, represented as a decimal integer from 1 to 9999. The default is the current year. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of cal: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_TIME, LC_MESSAGES, and NLSPATH. TZ Determine the timezone used to calculate the value of the current month. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
calendar(1), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) NOTES
An unusual calendar is printed for September 1752. That is the month 11 days were skipped to make up for lack of leap year adjustments. To see this calendar, type: cal 9 1752 The command cal 83 refers to the year 83, not 1983. The year is always considered to start in January. SunOS 5.11 1 Feb 1995 cal(1)