Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Script for Comparing VGDA and ODM Post 302171412 by bakunin on Thursday 28th of February 2008 12:17:26 PM
Old 02-28-2008
Could you please be "more or less specific" (;-)) what you want? Which information in the VGDA should match with which information in the ODM?

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clean an LV out of the ODM

I recently had a disk crash and was not able to clean the dump lv off the disk. Now trying to create new lvdump I am running into errors. My question is how do I remove the old lv out of the ODM? I have tried going through smit and also just rmlv and it cannot find the lv. Yet when I run lslv on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wamland
0 Replies

2. UNIX Benchmarks

ocs_vtsup: error locking odm database

Someone know something about this error ? We have 5.2 and HACMP Cluster. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hjara
1 Replies

3. AIX

Removing devices from ODM

I have replace a couple of hdisks in and old AIX 4 system. I have them assigned to the hdisk numbers previously in the system. When I don an lsvg -p vgname, i see them old devices by device number still come up as missing. I think they are still in the ODM,, how can I remove them? Thanks Mike (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
5 Replies

4. AIX

Odm & Lvm

Can i have BIG help on ODM and LVM??? I m new to AIX..... Devang (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 10aix
2 Replies

5. AIX

remove default gateway on ODM

Hi All, I remove the default gateway by using a command line but I need also to remove it from ODM so that reboot will not trigger it back. How do I remove it from ODM of AIX 5.3? Thanks for any comment you may add. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for comparing the times.

Hi, My below output file looks like this. Backup status at Tue Jul 7 03:30:07 EDT 2009 CMLP Job Name Last Start Last End ST Run Pri/Xit ____________________________ ____________________ ____________________ __ _______ ___ tnx415uu 07/06/2009 22:01:41 ----- RU 5547800/1 tnp415uu 07/06/2009... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: intiraju
2 Replies

7. AIX

Problem with the ODM base

Hi, I gonna try to explain my problem. When I list my tty I have something like that: sa3 is the RAN where the tty are connected. Yesterday I tried to delete every tty from the RAN I had a problem with a tty which was not possible to delete with rmdev -dl, so I had to : - delete it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
0 Replies

8. AIX

Removing object from ODM base

Hello! I did a big mistake and now I have to change the ODM base manually :wall: I had a server of test with 2 VG (rootvg and datavg). I had to test something on it with an other AIX version. So, to be sure to restore it, i did a mksysb before but I had completly forgotten the second vg and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Castelior
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to add the attribute to odm if it contains negative value?

Hi All, I am trying to add odm_wait attribute to CuAt programatically using putattr(&pCuAt). I was able to add when the odm_wait has positive value . But, I am facing issues when the odm_wait has negative value As per IBM, these are the odm_wait possible values #define ODM_WAIT -1 /*... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin1987
3 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Migration issue with EMC ODM sets

Hi Experts , I want to start migrating our AIX 6.1 to AIX 7.1 . I am planning to use alt_disk_migration . Chris gibson has awesome documentation in the internet. However I am running into an issue with EMC odm filesets . So my current OS is AIX 6.1. and I have this : lslpp -l | grep EMC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JME2015
7 Replies
VGMERGE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							VGMERGE(8)

NAME
vgmerge - merge two volume groups SYNOPSIS
vgmerge [-A|--autobackup{y|n}] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-l|--list] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] DestinationVolumeGroupName SourceVol- umeGroupName DESCRIPTION
vgmerge merges two existing volume groups. The inactive SourceVolumeGroupName will be merged into the DestinationVolumeGroupName if physi- cal extent sizes are equal and physical and logical volume summaries of both volume groups fit into DestinationVolumeGroupName's limits. OPTIONS -A, --autobackup y/n Controls automatic backup of VG metadata after the merge ( see vgcfgbackup(8) ). Default is yes. -d, --debug Enables additional debugging output (if compiled with DEBUG). -h, --help Print a usage message on standard output and exit successfully. -l, --list Display merged DestinationVolumeGroupName like "vgdisplay -v". -t, --test Do a test run WITHOUT making any real changes. -v, --verbose Display verbose runtime information about vgmerge's activities. Examples "vgmerge -v databases my_vg" merges the inactive volume group named "my_vg" into the active or inactive volume group named "databases" giv- ing verbose runtime information. DIAGNOSTICS
vgmerge returns an exit code of 0 for success and > 0 for error: 1 2 volume group names must be entered on command line 2 volume group to merge from must be inactive 3 error reading VGDA of volume group to merge into 4 error reading VGDA of volume group to merge from 5 error setting up VGDA for merge 6 error extending VGDA by physical volume in kernel 7 error writing VGDA to physical volume(s) 8 error creating volume group special files 9 error removing volume group from lvmtab 95 driver/module not in kernel 96 invalid I/O protocol version 97 error locking logical volume manager 98 invalid lvmtab (run vgscan(8)) 99 invalid command line ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LVM_AUTOBACKUP If this variable is set to "no" then the automatic backup of VG metadata is turned off. LVM_VG_MAX_BACKUPS This variable determines the backup history depth of kept VGDA copy files in /etc/lvmconf. It can be set to a positive number between 0 and 999. The higher this number is, the more changes you can restore using vgcfgrestore(8). See also1 lvm(8), vgcreate(8), vgextend(8), vgreduce(8), vgsplit(8), pvmove(8) AUTHOR
Heinz Mauelshagen <Linux-LVM@Sistina.com> Heinz Mauelshagen LVM TOOLS VGMERGE(8)