Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Just a quick question about SSH Post 302169422 by jeffpas on Thursday 21st of February 2008 08:43:09 AM
Old 02-21-2008
Does anyone know if there is a way to scp or get the file AFTER you have ssh'd on to SERVER2?

In other words:

get on SERVER 1
ssh -l root SERVER 2

(on SERVER 2)
# get the file from SERVER 1

It would be much easier than connecting twice for each server. Thanks for any advice!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Question

I know in DOS, when you want to pull up your last/previous command, you hit the up/down arrows. How do you do that with UNIX? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tracy Hunt
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quick VI question

This "SHOULD" be a simple question, but looking through several books has turned up nothing, so I turn once again to the experts!! How do you vi a file so that you can see special characters. I believe my /etc/passwd file is being corrupted during an upgrade process, however the files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Recon
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quick question

hi guys trying to understand what this line means sed is a stream editor and i understand that, i have a file already selected i want to edit so i use -e sed -e the next stesp is s/$* s is a subsititute replacement sed -e s/$*//g $ is in reference of the last line /g makes it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamoudzz
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Another quick question

Hi guys sed -e "s/$<//g" the $< can allow me to assign an input value to the variable right? do the double quotes check the previous context? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hamoudzz
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick Question

Hi, I am new to UNIX, and am learning from this tutorial : http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/index.html It keeps telling me to files downloaded from the internet (like .txt files) to the directory, and I dont know how to. How do I add .txt files to my directory? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IAMTHEEVILBEAN
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question

Hi, Is there a simple way, using ksh, to find the byte position in a file that a stated character appears? Many thanks Helen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question

Hello all, Quick question from a fairly new to Unix developer. if then completedLogFile=$logfile.$(date +%Y%m%d-%H:%M:%S) mv $logfile $completedLogFile fi I understand that this portion of code is simply copying a tmp logfile to a completed logfile when a condition is true. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnnyBoy
2 Replies

8. AIX

quick question

Hi, At best I'm a junior admin with a big problem. My developers have got my root password and mgmt insists they need it. I can't even change it when people knowing it leave. I'm certain they've hardcoded it into routines. I've searched my servers and grepped everything & can't find it. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: keith.m
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question.

I'd like to list all userid's on the system that have a .bashrc file in their home directory with a command like "cat /etc/passwd | grep -f", however I'm not quite familiar with using grep. Any suggestions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick question

Hi guys Quick question Im creating an FTP server and im chrooting each user to there home directory blah blah. Ive also setup scponly so there locked etc. Im a novice at unix and have just reaslised the primary group of scponly is the username of one of the ftp users... which im sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokachoka
1 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)