Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display a Graphic from a Unix program on a Pc – how? Post 302169357 by Barry Staples on Thursday 21st of February 2008 03:21:00 AM
Old 02-21-2008
Display a Graphic from a Unix program on a Pc – how?

Thanks
I'm not familiar with an X-Server
How would a Unix script communicate with it?
Sorry to be so dumb
cheers barry

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Graphic apps

We have app. 20.000 UNIX boxes running mainly Solaris 2.4. Among other things we produce product documentation and have previously used Island Draw to produce images and such. Where do I find objective reviews of similar software packages, have any1 of you done any evaluation? I´ve searched this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredrikB
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Display program running on CDE via GNOME

Hi All, I have one AIX box (5.1 with CDE running) and one Linux box ( FC3 with GNOME on it). What I want to be able to do is : SSH from the Linux box into the AIX box and then open an X term to launch a X window application. I am not able to do that. My guess is that the window mangers and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: navinxavier
4 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Graphic display resolution

Hello all, I need to fix some resolution in an AIX, how can I do it? It cannot be altered at system reboot, in the other words, I'm setting an display resolution, but when I do a reboot this configuration will be losted. I need somethig like this: Set a configuration and it cannot be changed... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nando_zambone
0 Replies

4. Programming

program or script to display user info

I'm on a Linux machine and need a program that will display user information as follows: user name, user directory and current date & time. I think we can compile C, C++ and Perl. All help is appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flasun
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display output bash program

Hello, i have a problem with the output from my bash program. I made this program #!/bin/bash BESTANDEN=$* # Plaatst bestanden in de variabele BESTANDEN TMPFILE=xmlprog.sh.$$.$RANDOM # basisnaam voor tijdelijke bestanden # controller of het programma correct is aangeroepen if then ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dutchspiders
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

write a program in c in unix that display the files(includ sub-direc and files within) in a sorted

the sorting is based on name of file, file size modification time stamps o f file it should dislay the output in the following format "." and ".." enteries should be ignored please give some idea how to do it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pappu kumar jha
1 Replies

7. Programming

To display unique lines in a Program

I am new to C programming. I have been trying to display unique lines in a file from past two days. The problem is here, I have a file whose contents are, ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net ras.beamtele.net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Teju88
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output Display in a perl program

Hi All, I have created a sample perl program in one of the unix environment as below #!/usr/bin/perl print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; print "<H1>Hello World</H1>"; When I execute it in unix, I get the below Content-type: text/html <H1>Hello World</H1> However, when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_manii
1 Replies

9. Programming

C program to display a busy symbol while processing

Hi I was wondering how can a c program will be implemented which will display a symbol while calculating something. for example : program should display some charters like /\/\ while calculating. At least provide some pointers thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display a message if program hangs(takes too long)

I have a ksh script (script1) that calls another ksh script (script2). If script2.ksh hangs or takes too long to execute I want script1.ksh to kill the call to script2.ksh and instead just display "Script2 can't run right now". Could someone help me with coding this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrskittles99
1 Replies
XDefineCursor(3X11)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					       XDefineCursor(3X11)

NAME
XDefineCursor, XUndefineCursor - define cursors SYNTAX
XDefineCursor(display, w, cursor) Display *display; Window w; Cursor cursor; XUndefineCursor(display, w) Display *display; Window w; ARGUMENTS
cursor Specifies the cursor that is to be displayed or None. display Specifies the connection to the X server. w Specifies the window. DESCRIPTION
If a cursor is set, it will be used when the pointer is in the window. If the cursor is None, it is equivalent to XUndefineCursor. XDefineCursor can generate BadCursor and BadWindow errors. The XUndefineCursor function undoes the effect of a previous XDefineCursor for this window. When the pointer is in the window, the par- ent's cursor will now be used. On the root window, the default cursor is restored. XUndefineCursor can generate a BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadAlloc The server failed to allocate the requested resource or server memory. BadCursor A value for a Cursor argument does not name a defined Cursor. BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XCreateFontCursor(3X11), XRecolorCursor(3X11) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XDefineCursor(3X11)