Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup of today's file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Backup of today's file Post 302165904 by Perderabo on Saturday 9th of February 2008 07:42:24 PM
Old 02-09-2008
What does "make the content 0" of a file mean?
echo 0 > $file
is what occurs to me, but I think it's unlikely that you want to to that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check backup file size on backup tape

Hi, I performed backup on tape and I want to append more files to my previous backup on the same backup tape. But before I do that I need to know the backup file size of the first backup I performed so that I know the available size on the backup tape. Can someone help me what command I will use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files with 0 file size and created today

hi, I am building a script to identify those files created/modified today and with file size 0. I am able to find the files with 0 file size and created/modified in last 24 hrs as shown below but not today (current date), I tried using (touch -t time filenm) but in my version of unix at work it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rushs682
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

backup a file and keep every version of the backup

I am trying to backup my .bash_history and I want to keep every version of the backup. I am thinking to put one of these in my crontab. 0 0 * * 0,3 cat .bash_history > boo 0 0 * * 0,3 cp .bash_history boo I would like the backups to be called boo1, boo2, boo3, etc. I would like to keep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

check file exists and created today issue

Morning My other issue I have seems very simple but im just not seeing it. I have a script that checks on a remote share to see if the backups for some systems have run. Its as simple as: find /mnt/ukwcs-net-config/WLAN-Controllers/ -mtime -1 -ls | egrep '(cfg)' > wlanlog.txt cut -c 1-92... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ltodd2
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting timestamp of a file and if it was accessed today then finding a line in it

i have my files and the variables value extracted from db is taken as in1=slot0312 in2=best in3=it is :veryliong/fine as varibles.. i have a folder stuctures in my unix machine as : /2011/hand_sl0312/best/HOD/file1.txt /2011/hand_sl0312/happy/HOD/file1.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajniman
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

meaning of today=${1:-${today}}

what does today=${1:-${today}} mean??? I saw a script which has these two lines: today=`date '+%y%m%d'` today=${1:-${today}} but both gives the same value for $today user:/export/home/user>today=`date '+%y%m%d'` user:/export/home/user>echo $today 120326... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vidhyaprakash
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to rename file that was generated today and which starts with date

hello, can someone please suggest a script to rename a file that was generated today and filename that being generated daily starts with date, its a xml file. here is example. # find . -type f -mtime -1 ./20130529_4995733057260357019.xml # this finename should be renamed to this format.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed for creating the folder by checking today's date and, take backup using rsync command

How to create a shell script to create a folder by using the today's date to take backup using rsync command on every evening around 7 pm. Kindly help. Thanks. To be more precise, I want to create a script which matches the today's date with server's date format, if matches then creates the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakula10
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find and copy .zip file based on today's date

Hi Team, I'm new to unix and i have a requirement to copy or move files from one directory to another based on current date mentioned in the .zip file name. Note that i need to copy only the recent zip file. please help me with the code i tried the code as: #! /usr/bin/sh find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun3108
3 Replies
MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)													       MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)

mssql_field_seek - Seeks to the specified field offset

SYNOPSIS
bool mssql_field_seek (resource $result, int $field_offset) DESCRIPTION
Seeks to the specified field offset. If the next call to mssql_fetch_field(3) won't include a field offset, this field would be returned. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The field offset, starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using mssql_field_seek(3) on the example for mssql_fetch_field(3) <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information, notice the // field_offset parameter is not set. See // the mssql_field_seek call below $field = mssql_fetch_field($query); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; // Move the internal seek pointer to the next // row in the result set mssql_field_seek($query, $i + 1); } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_fetch_field(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FIELD_SEEK(3)