Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux(Suse) Upgrades
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Linux(Suse) Upgrades Post 302161415 by benefactr on Thursday 24th of January 2008 12:28:55 PM
Old 01-24-2008
Linux(Suse) Upgrades

Hello,
Anyone out there deal with updating OS on linux servers remotely? We use Suse but like to hear what someone else does with any linux version. We have network connectivity to our remote locations but it's just a DSL connection, so some will be fast and some will be slow.

Thanks for any input. Thanks.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

suse linux 6.4-8.1

i need some help from somone familiar with suse linux. i am wanting to update my suse linux 6.4 box to suse linux 8.1. i am trying to do it with yast. and i want to do it via ftp. now, to do this the first thing i need to do is change my source media settings in yast, right now it is the cdrom.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
3 Replies

2. AIX

How can I manage redundant HMC upgrades with firmware upgrades?

Lets says I have 2 HMC's A and B, connected to a p570 managed system. Right now the firmware level of the p570 is EM320_076 and that needs to be upgraded to EM340_095. Now the HMC's are at V7R3.3 and as per the code matrix the HMC's needs to be upgraded to V7R3.4 Servicepack 2. Now my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
5 Replies

3. Linux

SUSE Linux

i'm new linux ... after reboot ...... my keyboard is notworking automatically boot ..... after few mins Waiting for mandatory devices: eth-id-00:10:a7:08:cb:4b 12 11 9 8 7 5 4 3 1 0 eth0 interface could not be set up failed Setting up service network . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
2 Replies
UUID(3) 							    Libuuid API 							   UUID(3)

NAME
uuid - DCE compatible Universally Unique Identifier library SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> DESCRIPTION
The UUID library is used to generate unique identifiers for objects that may be accessible beyond the local system. This library generates UUIDs compatible with those created by the Open Software Foundation (OSF) Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) utility uuidgen. The UUIDs generated by this library can be reasonably expected to be unique within a system, and unique across all systems. They could be used, for instance, to generate unique HTTP cookies across multiple web servers without communication between the servers, and without fear of a name clash. CONFORMING TO
OSF DCE 1.1 AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux-ng package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux- ng/. SEE ALSO
uuid_clear(3), uuid_compare(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_time(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux-ng May 2009 UUID(3)