Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Substring/Instring of a string with datestamp Post 302161320 by alamitab on Thursday 24th of January 2008 08:13:00 AM
Old 01-24-2008
echo JAN_BILS_PRINT_01-01-08.txt | cut -b16-23 | sed 's/-/\//g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can i get a substring from a string?

for example, the string a is "abcdefg", can i get a substring "bcd" (from ato a) from string a? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dell9
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting a substring from a string

hi all, I am trying to extract SUBSTRINGS out of a string using ksh. The string is "SAPR3K.FD0.FA.TJ.B0010.T050302" I tried using a= `expr substr $stringZ 1 2` which is giving me a syntax error, donno why?? any ideas why its not working?? I also tried echo "welcome" | awk '{... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maradona
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the substring from the string

Hi All, Can anybody help me to get the substring from the given string. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anshu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get substring from string

Hi All, Problem Description: XML_REP_REQUEST=`CONCSUB "$LOGIN" "SQLAP" "$RESP_NAME" "$USRNM" WAIT="Y" "CONCURRENT" "APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME" "CP_SHORT_NAME"` echo Report Request: $XML_REP_REQUEST --to print value in log file While execution the value of 'XML_REP_REQUEST' is 'Prozess... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman.g
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with string and substring also I/O

#!/bin/sh PRINTF=/usr/bin/printf PASSWD=/etc/passwd $PRINTF "Enter a UserID\n" read USERID if ; then $PRINTF "$USERID does not exist, please contact IT service\n" exit 1 fi USERHOME=`grep "^$USERID:" $PASSWD | awk -F : '{print $6}'` USERSHELL=`grep "^$USERID:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring in string with whitespaces

hello, i have this string: variable="1234 /PARAMETER_1:text /PARAMETER_2:othertext" i tried to do expr match $variable '.*\(*\)' but i keep getting expr error i need to extract the word text... thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aloush89
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Instring in awk

Hi, I have the below data ownername/schemaname/tablename/columnname in a file ( 2nd column) I want to convert everthing to upper case except the column name like below OWNERNAME/SCHEMANAME/TABLENAME/columnname do we have a instring function in awk to handle this. Thx,shruthi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a substring from a string

Hi, I have an input string say for example: ABC,DEF,IJK,LMN,...,XYZ The above string is comma delimited. Now I have to extract the last part after the comma i.e. XYZ. :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get substring from string variable

Hi Dears, How to use variable in string location of expression ${string:index:length} to get substring from string? I encounter error "bad substitution" when I use expression ${$var:0:5} to get first 5 characters from $var. Could you please help me out of this? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring within string between 2 token within the string

Hello. First best wishes for everybody. here is the input file ("$INPUT1") contents : BASH_FUNC_message_begin_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_debug%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_end_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_error%%=() { local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
RADEAPCLIENT(1) 						 FreeRADIUS Daemon						   RADEAPCLIENT(1)

NAME
radeapclient - send EAP packets to a RADIUS server, calculate responses SYNOPSIS
radeapclient [-c count] [-d raddb_directory] [-f file] [-h] [-i source_ip] [-q] [-s] [-r retries] [-S file] [-t timeout] [-v] [-x] server {acct|auth} secret DESCRIPTION
radeapclient is a radius client program. It can send arbitrary radius packets to a radius server, then shows the reply. Radeapclient dif- fers from radclient in that if there is an EAP-MD5 challenge, then it will be responded to. radeapclient is otherwise identical to radclient. The EAP-Identity attribute, if present is used to construct an EAP Identity message. The EAP-MD5-Password attribute, if present is used to respond to an MD5 challenge. No other EAP types are currently supported. OPTIONS
-c count Send each packet count times. -d raddb Set dictionary directory. -f file Read packets from file, not stdin. -r retries If timeout, retry sending the packet retries times. -t timeout Wait timeout seconds before retrying (may be a floating point number). -h Print usage help information. -i id Set request id to 'id'. Values may be 0..255 -S file Read secret from file, not command line. -q Quiet, do not print anything out. -s Print out summary information of auth results. -v Show program version information. -x Enable debugging mode. EXAMPLE
A sample session that queries the remote server with an EAP-MD5 challenge. ( echo 'User-Name = "bob"'; echo 'EAP-MD5-Password = "hello"'; echo 'NAS-IP-Address = marajade.sandelman.ottawa.on.c'; echo 'EAP-Code = Response'; echo 'EAP-Id = 210'; echo 'EAP-Type-Identity = "bob"; echo 'Message-Authenticator = 0x00'; echo 'NAS-Port = 0' ) >req.txt radeapclient -x localhost auth testing123 <req.txt SEE ALSO
radclient(1) AUTHOR
Michael Richardson, <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca> 08 September 2003 RADEAPCLIENT(1)