Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unresolved symbol problem
Operating Systems HP-UX Unresolved symbol problem Post 302160944 by venkatakrishnan on Wednesday 23rd of January 2008 07:37:27 AM
Old 01-23-2008
Java

Thanks for your reply. When i did a ldd on the executable it pointed to informix 9.3 libraries which are available in my machine.
I dont find fglsys.h in my informix directory. Let me know where i can find it or do i need to install some patch to get the same.
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c++ unresolved symbol

I have this problem: # make gcc -g -D_REENTRANT -DDISABLE_MJPEG=1 -I. -o encmain.o -c encmain.cc ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: std::string::_Rep::_S_max_size collect2: ld returned 8 exit status but from /usr/local/include/g++v3/bits/basic_string.h : namespace... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thalex
0 Replies

2. Programming

Unresolved Symbol on HP UX & oracle7

Hi everyone, I have a problem. I do not succeed to linking the oracle7's library for my .so and a Unresolved Symbol :sqlcxt error returns me when I call program. this is my makefile. cc -Ae -I/usr/include/curses_colr -L/usr/lib -DUSE_TERMIOS -D_FILE64 -DDYNAMIC_LIBRARIES_SUPPORTED... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycs
2 Replies

3. Programming

How To Find Unresolved symbol in shared library?

1 . I use Digital Unix V4.0F 2 . I compile a programe which use a shared library . But when I run it( prog.out) , the shell told me that "Fatal Error : /sbin/loader : unresolved symbol in lib3cZap.so" But When I compile proj.out and lib3cZap.so , the compiler said nothing . And I ls -l... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unresolved symbol ???

when I make ncftp 111.111.1.2 I just get problems like ... /usr/lib/dld.sl unresolved symbol:inet_ntop (code) does anybody know what is the problem and how to solve this? thx.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svennie
2 Replies

5. Programming

fread64 fwrite64 compilation problem (undefined symbol)

I use a standard C source to access large files in a 32 bit environment. I've replaced fopen, fwrite and fread by fopen64, fwrite64 and fread64. First I did a test only replacing fopen by fopen64, it compiled without any other changes to my compilation options. The program crashed on a write, as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Isax50
3 Replies

6. Programming

unresolved symbol on AIX 5.2

Hi, want to port an executable from AIX 5.3 to AIX 5.2. This seems to be no problem, when i build one executable. But in another case i have to link one library statically and the rest is loaded at runtime. This works for AIX 5.3 but on AIX 5.2 i get the following error ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pm_user
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep problem with the ^ symbol, help needed please.

Hello I am new to this forum and have been perplexed by this issue for the last hour of my life, I've tried to search everywhere for a solution to my syntax error, but here is my code. grep -wvnf 'noise.dat' sample.out | sort output: 4:Java Swing 5:Swing Java 6:Software Requirements... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gvsumrb
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while concating PIPE symbol with a file

Hi Gurus, I had a problem writing a pipe file. Previously i used this code to generate a tab seperated file ABCEF := ABCEF || 'to_char('|| abc_tab(col_num).col_name || ') chr(9) || '; Now i want the o/p as pipe seperated file.I changed the line as below ABCEF := ABCEF ||... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
0 Replies

9. AIX

Unresolved symbols

Hello experts , i have some strange problem, i wanted to create a shared object in AIX 5.3 for which i have compiled all my .cxx to .o which worked fine and then i created the .so from them , but when i do nm -Bo sample.so , i have many unresolved symbol, including printf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vin_pll
0 Replies

10. Solaris

/usr/lib/passwdutil.so.1: symbol __nsl_fgetspent_r: referenced symbol not found

deleteing post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
0 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)