Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dos-Unix Connectivity
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dos-Unix Connectivity Post 302160868 by thana on Wednesday 23rd of January 2008 01:54:00 AM
Old 01-23-2008
U can install cygwin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connectivity B/w Unix & windows

i want to install ScO UNIX 5.1 in a windows 98 system. i want it as a DUAL BOOT system. can i doit? If yes How. and also i want to network unix with my clients. is it poosible to network both unix & windows thru a single network card. if yes how? also i wanted to know that thru a switch can i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigs
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dos system Connectivity

I am having novell netware and unix servers. I use diskless system to connect to novell netware. Can I know how to enable these diskless systems which boots through dos to connect unix via telnet. I heard there is some software to do it. Anybody knows?:) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arulprasad
8 Replies

3. IP Networking

Sco Unix 4.3 Windows Connectivity

I have a client who is operating a SCO UNIX 4.3 server with Informix 4.12. My problem is that I need to get hold of the data using a Windows PC. Where the hell do I start? :confused: Thanks Richard. rgray@euriskotechnology.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: euriskotech
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passwordless connectivity to another Unix machine

Hey, I need to setup a passwordless connectivity from one Unix machine to another unix machine. I have the passwords for both the machines. Need from user@host1 to user@host2 Please help. Thanks, Robin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robinbannis
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Database connectivity using unix

Hi, I am trying to connect to the database through Unix serer using following command- mysql -u root -Jepadt -D dtdatabase But it giving me error - mysql: unknown option '-J' Can anybody help me to solve this problm Thanks in advance Please use code tags, thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Sybase connectivity via UNIX

Helo Experts, I have an issue in connecting to sybase from UNIX. PFB, my code : #!/bin/ksh ############################################################################### # # Filename: docflo_split.sh # # Description:docflo_split.sh WrapperScript splits the temporary file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nits
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Help with Windows to Unix connectivity

Hi Can we pass the parameter from the excel in windows and invoke the unix shell script from excel VBA by passing this parameter and get the results of shell script to the excel sheet? We tried to get the things in unix independently but we still strucked in connecting the excel to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikky6
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

Ftp connectivity between two UNIX servers

Hi All I am having issues using ftp between a solaris 10 server to a HP-UX 11.31 server, but from the solaris server to the hp-ux I am able to ping. This is what I have done so far: in the solaris server: root@MPCRS01 # svcs -a | grep ftp online Jul_26 svc:/network/ftp:default... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase connectivity in Linux/UNIX

Hi, i am to linux/unix,i am using AIX 5.3. i want to connect sybase database through shell script, when i used "isql", it throws error "isql not found", Do i need to install/configure anything, if yes please tell me how kindly help me on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatraman
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)