Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to represent euro sign in unix Post 302160713 by akash on Tuesday 22nd of January 2008 02:20:52 PM
Old 01-22-2008
Question How to represent euro sign in unix

how should represent euro sign "€" in Unix

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is $PROD ? Does it represent some Unix directory?

Hi , Could u tell me What is $PROD ? Does it represent some Unix directory? Regards Ashish Malviya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashishm
2 Replies

2. Programming

printing euro

how do you print a euro using ewan in c? I just need to add a line to the end of a program to enable it to print a euro. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teabagger
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sign on/Sign off logging script

I'd like to make a script that I can execute every time I sign on to my linux box that keeps track of the time and allows to me to add a remark to a file. So basically once I log in, I run the script, and it outputs the date and time to a text file (log.txt). But that isn't my problem. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glider
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Euro Sign and some other chars

First of all hello, this is my first post here. :) I have a problem with displaying the euro sign and two other characters from the ISO8859-7 greek set (the drachma sign and the ipogegrameni) in the UNIX platform. Either when I type them normally or if i try to read a text file with some of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavlos87
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HELP | unix | regular expression - How to represent two whitespaces?

ls -l generates something like... -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 19304 Jan 21 2009 true -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 40208 Jan 21 2009 umount -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 22336 Jan 21 2009 uname -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1273 Jan 21 2009 unicode_start -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 79 Jan 21 2009... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
3 Replies

6. Linux

Euro - Symbol with enscript

Hello List, I am new in this forum. I have a problem with enscript and I am searching for about one year for a solution: We are using enscript and ghostscript to create pdf-Documents with our Software running on linux server. To print the EURO Symbol on a fixed place I can change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stefan2907
1 Replies

7. Programming

Rupee Sign printing using Pro * C (Unix Platform/Oracle10g) code

Hi All, I want to print new Indian Rupees sign in my report which is developed in Pro*C code. Please help me to know: ->What necessary settings i have to do.. I am looking for free product. Please help (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msbrd
0 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Event Prediction - Euro 2012

Please add this new "event". (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ni2
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sign Soap Message from client certificate from UNIX

I have to call a webservice , I need to pass the static request from Unix which should have message signing details in the soap header . I am using cURL command for this. I do not have java , I need to do it through Unix only . Below is the kind of Soap envelop I want to wrap around my request .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
0 Replies
LOCALECONV(3)								 1							     LOCALECONV(3)

localeconv - Get numeric formatting information

SYNOPSIS
array localeconv (void ) DESCRIPTION
Returns an associative array containing localized numeric and monetary formatting information. RETURN VALUES
localeconv(3) returns data based upon the current locale as set by setlocale(3). The associative array that is returned contains the fol- lowing fields: +------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Array element | | | | | | | Description | | | | +------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | decimal_point | | | | | | | Decimal point character | | | | | thousands_sep | | | | | | | Thousands separator | | | | | grouping | | | | | | | Array containing numeric groupings | | | | | int_curr_symbol | | | | | | | International currency symbol (i.e. USD) | | | | | currency_symbol | | | | | | | Local currency symbol (i.e. $) | | | | |mon_decimal_point | | | | | | | Monetary decimal point character | | | | |mon_thousands_sep | | | | | | | Monetary thousands separator | | | | | mon_grouping | | | | | | | Array containing monetary groupings | | | | | positive_sign | | | | | | | Sign for positive values | | | | | negative_sign | | | | | | | Sign for negative values | | | | | int_frac_digits | | | | | | | International fractional digits | | | | | frac_digits | | | | | | | Local fractional digits | | | | | p_cs_precedes | | | | | | | | | | TRUE if currency_symbol precedes a positive | | | value, FALSE if it succeeds one | | | | | p_sep_by_space | | | | | | | | | | TRUE if a space separates currency_symbol from a | | | positive value, FALSE otherwise | | | | | n_cs_precedes | | | | | | | | | | TRUE if currency_symbol precedes a negative | | | value, FALSE if it succeeds one | | | | | n_sep_by_space | | | | | | | | | | TRUE if a space separates currency_symbol from a | | | negative value, FALSE otherwise | | | | | p_sign_posn | | | | | | | | | | | | | o0 - Parentheses surround the quan- | | | tity and currency_symbol | | | | | | o1 - The sign string precedes the | | | quantity and currency_symbol | | | | | | o2 - The sign string succeeds the | | | quantity and currency_symbol | | | | | | o3 - The sign string immediately | | | precedes the currency_symbol | | | | | | o4 - The sign string immediately | | | succeeds the currency_symbol | | | | | n_sign_posn | | | | | | | | | | | | | o0 - Parentheses surround the quan- | | | tity and currency_symbol | | | | | | o1 - The sign string precedes the | | | quantity and currency_symbol | | | | | | o2 - The sign string succeeds the | | | quantity and currency_symbol | | | | | | o3 - The sign string immediately | | | precedes the currency_symbol | | | | | | o4 - The sign string immediately | | | succeeds the currency_symbol | | | | +------------------+---------------------------------------------------+ The p_sign_posn, and n_sign_posn contain a string of formatting options. Each number representing one of the above listed conditions. The grouping fields contain arrays that define the way numbers should be grouped. For example, the monetary grouping field for the nl_NL locale (in UTF-8 mode with the euro sign), would contain a 2 item array with the values 3 and 3. The higher the index in the array, the farther left the grouping is. If an array element is equal to CHAR_MAX, no further grouping is done. If an array element is equal to 0, the previous element should be used. EXAMPLES
Example #1 localeconv(3) example <?php if (false !== setlocale(LC_ALL, 'nl_NL.UTF-8@euro')) { $locale_info = localeconv(); print_r($locale_info); } ?> The above example will output: Array ( [decimal_point] => . [thousands_sep] => [int_curr_symbol] => EUR [currency_symbol] => EUR [mon_decimal_point] => , [mon_thousands_sep] => [positive_sign] => [negative_sign] => - [int_frac_digits] => 2 [frac_digits] => 2 [p_cs_precedes] => 1 [p_sep_by_space] => 1 [n_cs_precedes] => 1 [n_sep_by_space] => 1 [p_sign_posn] => 1 [n_sign_posn] => 2 [grouping] => Array ( ) [mon_grouping] => Array ( [0] => 3 [1] => 3 ) ) SEE ALSO
setlocale(3). PHP Documentation Group LOCALECONV(3)