Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Problems restoring Ignite make_recovery DAT backups Post 302160694 by vbe on Tuesday 22nd of January 2008 12:02:02 PM
Old 01-22-2008
Can you point out the differences between the 2 servers?
Can it be something to do with lock disks?
Are they identical twins?
What about the network?

I have been using make_recovery to clone boxes without any issues but I didnt have OV stuff... and so had no licensing issues.
I always have configured my boxes with vg00 having only the OS on it (well plus some extra soft such as java or gnu stuff but thats all) so that philosophically I could change box and import the external vgs in case of big trouble (or lack of perfs) and proved it was feasible...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aix mksysb , hpux make_recovery sun?

hi, for aix and hpux, we have both mksysb and make_recovery for restoring to the former state after it was crashed. is there any equivalent to sun? any pointers will be appreciated. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restoring backups

okay.. pple.. say now i got an aix box. of course i could restore a backup done in aix environment. 1) now how about doing a restore from sun, hp from the aix box.? 2) can we install a sun, hp os into an aix box? 3) if (1) prohibits, then how about doing an sun, hp os installation on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

3. Linux

HP DAT Drive C1533A on RH9 Problems

HELP!! I am having some major problems at present with a HP dat drive under RH9. The drive worked fine previously under RH8, but now does not work. I am using kernel 2.4.20-30.9 on a i686 athlon intel box. My messages log shows the below: Apr 23 11:39:24 devsys kernel: ahc_pci:1:6:0:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkimber6
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

HPUX make_recovery

I'm attempting to do a make_recovery on my HPUX box. My question revolves around the number of device files I have for my tape drive and what each one is intending for and which I should use. Some examples of my devices include 1m, 1mb, 1mnb, 2m, 2mb, 2mn, 2mnb, C1t0d0best, C1t0d0dds, &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
4 Replies

5. AIX

Problems restoring from tape in AIX

I am trying to restore some files from a DLT drive in AIX 4.3 but I am having a few problems. Basically when I try to run the restore command I get the following error: Cannot read from the specified input. Please enter the device name when ready I am the following command for the restore ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Hunter
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Make_Recovery Question Urgent Plse Respond

I have a make_recovery tape, if I restore the VG00 volume group using this, will my other volume groups still be ok after the restore(I have 7 data volume groups) I used make_recovery -A to create the tape I have a HP9000 HP-UX 11 An internal disk is failing, the other volume groups are on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
3 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Problems Importing Nagios Comments.dat

So i upgraded from Nagios version 2.6 to the latest version of nagios currently available. but the problem is, i can't get the comments that were on my old version of nagios to show up on my new version of nagios. has anyone else run into this issue? the comments are extremely important.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20

Good Day, I've been trying to create a bootable recovery disk with no success. I've used the command ./make_recovery -A -d /dev/rmt/1m and get the command HP-UX System Recovery returned, and after about a minute an error is returned: /var: write failed, file system is full... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newnix
26 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with using grep to make backups to a different directory

I am trying to program a script that is using grep to find lines in a file in my home directory, and then use a pipe command to copy what is shown into different files in a different directory to create backup files. When I run it, though, it only creates a copy of the file that grep was going... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammythesp3rmy
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use 'ls' command to list files like *.dat, not *.*.dat?

How to use 'ls' command to list files like *.dat, not *.*.dat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmcginni777
5 Replies
wml::all(3)							     EN Tools							       wml::all(3)

NAME
wml::all - WML Include Files Of All Categories SYNOPSIS
#use wml::all DESCRIPTION
This includes all existing standard WML include files of all categories. Use it only when you are a really lazy webmaster which just wants all features WML can provide ;-) It is always better to include one of the "wml::xxx::all" include files. The following categories currently exists: Standard (std) Here you can find all standard tagsets which everybody usually uses all the time. Webdesign (des) These are tagsets which help webdesigners of the 3rd generation fighting against the puristic plain HTML. Use with care. Formatting (fmt) Here you can find formatting environments, i.e. usually container tags which do special formatting. Import (imp) Here you can find import tags, i.e. usually tags which import external data and converts them to HTML. Support (sup) Some support stuff which is used in other include files. System (sys) All system related stuff. User (usr) The user specific include files. Should be extended by the webmaster for his users. AUTHOR
Ralf S. Engelschall rse@engelschall.com www.engelschall.com REQUIRES
Internal: P1 External: -- SEE ALSO
wml::des::all(3), wml::fmt::all(3), wml::imp::all(3), wml::std::all(3), wml::sup::all(3), wml::sys::all(3), wml::usr::all(3). EN Tools 2014-04-16 wml::all(3)