Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP9000 I70 E35 E55 manuals
Operating Systems HP-UX HP9000 I70 E35 E55 manuals Post 302159028 by Perderabo on Thursday 17th of January 2008 12:05:24 AM
Old 01-17-2008
I have been all over HP's website. The only thing I can find are the HP Journal articles:
April 1995 article on E-class boxes
June 1994 article on G,H, and I-class boxes

This stuff used to be on HP web site in pdf format. I can find a few remaining shards like this, but the links on the page are dead.

What kind of info do you want? If it is just simple operating instructions, maybe reading a manual about a similar box would be enough. As each new model came out, most of us just winged it. They were close enough to boxes that we knew to quickly figure out.

D-class server info download it soon...who knows when it will disappear...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Manuals

Hey, I have a red hat linux server, and am lost in the wilderness. any type of 300000 page boxo someone wrote to help? ia m in need of deperate care (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: g1zm0
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

URGENT HELP REQUEST!!!!Connection problem between HP3000 and HP9000

Hi, I am facing some problem in connecting the database(allbase) present on HP3000 through pro c programmin language that is being executed from HP 9000 machine could any one of you please help me!!! when i run the code on HP9000 machine it is connecting to database(access the local host)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrade HP9000 HP-UX 10.20 to 11.00

To all expert members, i need your help. We have an existing HP9000 K-Class 32-bit with HP-UX 10.20 OS installed and we would like to upgrade it to HP-UX 11.00. I am not really confident in doing upgrades in our system because i don't have any experience or trainings on this. If somebody can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tris
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DGUX manuals

Hi Anyone know where i get DGUX manuals.... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Flipper_Al
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Manuals

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but I am desperate! Can anyone help me get hold of manuals for the n4000 series server? I need to get the hardware assembled correctly so I can install hp-ux11. Any help would be much appreciated. We bought a decomissioned server but have zero... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swathe
7 Replies

6. HP-UX

Mirrored root and swap HP9000 machine

How do I check if the root and swap are mirrored on my HP9000 machine? Thank you, N. (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: NicoMan
33 Replies

7. HP-UX

LV and/or physical drive problems HP9000

I'm a technician who has been called upon to troubleshoot an ancient HP9000 K260, running HP UX 11.11. After a power sag/crash/restart FSCK gave multiple error/warning messages about logical volumes and groups. I have some modest experience with Unix servers, but not on such an old and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick.scalia
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP9000 Container - NFS Issue

I am running HP9000 Containers version A.03.01. I have the container up and running. I now need to mount an exported file system from another HPUX server with both read and write permissions. I can get the mount okay but from the container I cannot read or write properly to the mounted file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PaleRider
2 Replies

9. SCO

SCO Training manuals

Hi, I have stack of SCO Open server and general SCO training books, materials and guides. Is there anyone out there that might be interested in this stuff? Perhaps it recycle time? :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scocrush
6 Replies

10. Hardware

HP9000 Server - Stuck on RAID0

Hey all, I've got an old HP9000 L1000 server with HP-UX installed. The drives that the OS is running on are in RAID0. I am concerned for the reliability of the server. The four hard drives in the front of the server are LVD 18.2 drives. I know with RAID0, if one drive fails, they all fail. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mroselli
2 Replies
share(1M)																 share(1M)

NAME
share - make local resource available for mounting by remote systems SYNOPSIS
share [-F FSType] [-o specific_options] [-d description] [pathname] The share command exports, or makes a resource available for mounting, through a remote file system of type FSType. If the option -F FSType is omitted, the first file system type listed in /etc/dfs/fstypes is used as default. For a description of NFS specific options, see share_nfs(1M). pathname is the pathname of the directory to be shared. When invoked with no arguments, share displays all shared file sys- tems. -F FSType Specify the filesystem type. -o specific_options The specific_options are used to control access of the shared resource. (See share_nfs(1M) for the NFS specific options.) They may be any of the following: rw pathname is shared read/write to all clients. This is also the default behavior. rw=client[:client]... pathname is shared read/write only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. ro pathname is shared read-only to all clients. ro=client[:client]... pathname is shared read-only only to the listed clients. No other systems can access pathname. Separate multiple options with commas. Separate multiple operands for an option with colons. See . -d description The -d flag may be used to provide a description of the resource being shared. Example 1: Sharing a Read-Only Filesystem This line will share the /disk file system read-only at boot time. share -F nfs -o ro /disk Example 2: Invoking Multiple Options The following command shares the filesystem /export/manuals, with members of the netgroup having read-only access and users on the speci- fied host having read-write access. share -F nfs -o ro=netgroup_name,rw=host1:host2:host3 /export/manuals /etc/dfs/dfstab list of share commands to be executed at boot time /etc/dfs/fstypes list of file system types, NFS by default /etc/dfs/sharetab system record of shared file systems See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ mountd(1M), nfsd(1M), share_nfs(1M), shareall(1M), unshare(1M), attributes(5) Export (old terminology): file system sharing used to be called exporting on SunOS 4.x, so the share command used to be invoked as exportfs(1B) or /usr/sbin/exportfs. If share commands are invoked multiple times on the same filesystem, the last share invocation supersedes the previous--the options set by the last share command replace the old options. For example, if read-write permission was given to usera on /somefs, then to give read- write permission also to userb on /somefs: example% share -F nfs -o rw=usera:userb /somefs This behavior is not limited to sharing the root filesystem, but applies to all filesystems. 9 Dec 2004 share(1M)