Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic MD5 Question
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Basic MD5 Question Post 302158497 by t4st33@mac.com on Tuesday 15th of January 2008 02:18:09 PM
Old 01-15-2008
Basic MD5 Question

Does an MD5 checksum of a file remain the same if the file name changes? Any good reading about MD5 checksum out there?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question

I have some basic doubts. Can someone clarify in this forum? 1)if then eval ' tset -s -Q -m ':?hp' ' else eval ' tset -s -Q ' what does it exactly mean in .profile? 2) what are 'nobody' and 'noaccess' usernames in /etc/passwd file. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic question

hey...when i type who...what does "pts" field mean??? eg pts 0 etc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urwannabefriend
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic perl question

Hi, I was jus goin through a ebook on perl....it says u get binary installation for both unix and windows.....doesnt perl come already bundeled with unix ?cause i never installed any perl from binary........but i am able to execute perl programs...... Thanks and Regards Vivek.S (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very Basic Question

How to know if my AIX 5.2 is running at 64bits? THANKS (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: GermanSkull
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Really basic question....

Hello all. Let me start off by saying I know a little more then it seems by me asking this question... here goes I have an old 486 box and I want to start messing around with unix. I've been taking classes for 3 or 4 years in c programming in unix, so I am used to the commands and such, but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robherms
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

Basic OS question

Could someone tell me the command to find out the OS version which will give 12 character not the 9 characters(which is usually machine id). uname -i gives machine id and uname -a is more comprehensive way to look. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic question

hi, I have a basic question,, i am in a directory called /intas/OCU_3.9.1/sbin ocuut1@france>mv itsa_tcs itsa_tcs_old mv: itsa_tcs_old: rename: Permission denied i am logging as the owner of the file. when i am doing this i am getting the above error of permission denied. I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic nc question

i'm doing this in one terminal: nc -lu 7402 and it appears to start listening properly, then in another i do this: echo "hello" | nc -u localhost 7402 and nothing happens on the listening terminal - what am i doing wrong? thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: peterworth
7 Replies

9. IP Networking

Basic networking question

Hii, Today morning I attended an interview, they had showed me the attached image and had few questions about that. The image shows a network with 4 nodes viz.. A B C & D and two switches(layer2) and a router(layer3). Just wanted to know can node A and node D would be on same network e.g... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create md5 sums and archive the resulting md5 files

Hello everyone, I am looking to basically creating md5sum files for all iso files in a directory and archive the resulting md5 files into a single archive in that very same directory. I worked out a clumsy solution such as: #find files for which md5sum are to be created and store the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SurfTranquille
1 Replies
CGI
::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::FilterUser5Contributed Perl DoCGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::Filter::md5(3pm) NAME
CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::Filter::md5 - MD5 filter VERSION
This document describes CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::Filter::md5 version 0.20 METHODS
filter ( (hex base64 binary), $string ) This will generate an MD5 hash of the string in the requested format. By default, hex encoding is used. my $filtered = $class->filter('base64', 'foobar'); # OFj2IjCsPJFfMAxmQxLGPw -or- my $filtered = $class->filter(undef, 'foobar'); # 3858f62230ac3c915f300c664312c63f check ( (hex base64 binary), $string, $md5 ) This will generate an MD5 hash of the string, and compare it against the provided MD5 string. If no encoding type is specified, the length of the MD5 string will be tested to see what format it is in. if ($class->check(undef, 'foobar', '3858f62230ac3c915f300c664312c63f')) { # they match } SEE ALSO
CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver, Digest::MD5, perl(1) AUTHOR
Cees Hek <ceeshek@gmail.com> LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005, SiteSuite. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-05-16 CGI::Application::Plugin::Authentication::Driver::Filter::md5(3pm)