Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I find files by date or size from stout? Post 302157875 by drl on Sunday 13th of January 2008 08:04:44 AM
Old 01-13-2008
Hi.

For the case you mentioned, revise it so:
Code:
ls -l | grep "Jan 12"

cheers, makyo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script to find files by date and size

Hi, I have a directory PRIVATE in which I have several directories and each of these have several files. Therefore, I need to find those files by size and date to back up those files in another directory. I don't know how to implement this shell script using ''find''. appreciate any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dadadc
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find file size and date

Hi in my shell script I have to do this 1. there is a file called testing.txt in /home/report directory If the file size is 0(zero) and date is today's date, then I have to print "Successful" else "Failed". 2. There is a file called number.txt which will have text only one line like this... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsusarla
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find total size for some files?

Hi, I'm newbie to Unix. I'd like to count the total size of those files in my directory by date. For example, files on this period 05/01/08 - 05/31/08. If possible can we count by byte instead of kb. if I use $ du - ks , it will add up all files in the dir. thanks, Helen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: helen008
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find folder size with created date

hi, please give me adivse .how to find the folder size with created created date . eg: i have directore and in that sub directoties and so on.. /home/mud/abc/dcb/ for this i want output like this path size date -------------------------------------------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muddasani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find size 0-4 bytes files?

Hi I need to find and delete 0-4 bytes size files in a folder. How can I achieve that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kapilk
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

How can I find the size of files added to a folder after a particular date

Hi, I want to find the size of the files added to a folder after a certain date(say 1st of october), I know we can list the files which were created after a certain date , but is there anyway to find the total size of those files ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alookachaloo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the total size of all files from a particular date

Hi I have some set of files for a particular date. What is the command that I need to put in for finding the total size of all the files for that particular date. The following command is fetching me the size of all individual files seperately du -h *20101010* 16M file1.20101010 120K... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
10 Replies

8. HP-UX

find command to display size and date of a file

Hi, The blow code does not yeild any output. find . -name "*.jar" -o -name "*.ksh" -o -name "*.properties" -name "*.war" -o -name "*.ear" -o -name "*.sh" -o -name "*.cfg" -exec ls -l {} \; I wish to print the filename filesize filedate in HP-UX. Can anyone help ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for command line to find dirs based on size and date

Hi, My first time on this site, please excuse me if I've come to the wrong forum. I'm fairly new to Unix/Linux and hoping you can help me out. I'm looking for a command line that will return a list of directories that are larger than 50M and older than 2 days. I thought it may be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wisconsingal
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLINFO(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINFO(1)

NAME
       dh_installinfo - install info files

SYNOPSIS
       dh_installinfo [debhelperoptions] [-A] [file...]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_installinfo is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing info files into usr/share/info in the package build directory.

From debhelper compatibility level 11 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the
       current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir).

FILES
       debian/package.info
	   List info files to be installed.

OPTIONS
       -A, --all
	   Install all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on.

--sourcedir=dir
	   Look in the specified directory for files to be installed.  This option requires compat 11 or later (it is silently ignored in compat
	   10 or earlier).

Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option,
	   since dh_installinfo automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 11 and above.

file ...
	   Install these info files into the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified).

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							 DH_INSTALLINFO(1)