Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting syntax error, need to redo one line in script :( Post 302157222 by V3l0 on Thursday 10th of January 2008 11:40:09 AM
Old 01-10-2008
You can try this:
Code:
cat /tmp/idle-ids.lst | while read var1 var2
do
var2=$(echo $var2 | cut -d, -f1)
if [ $var2 -ge 15 ]
then
     echo "$var1 $var2 mins."
fi

Output:
Code:
user2 97 mins.
user3 93 mins.
user4 67 mins.
user5 56 mins.
user6 33 mins.
user7 22 mins.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

./runInstaller : syntax error at line 2

Hi all, I've a problem with oracle10.1.0.2 installation on Solaris 10 (I already know this is possible) but when I run "./runInstaller" command from CD I read "syntax error at line 2" followed by several lines (ex. \200\201\203\206...ect). Can you help me please? It is very urgent! (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
19 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent: Script.sh: syntax error at line 72: `PROGRESS=$' unexpected

I have written a shell script to Automatically FTP a file. The script runs fine when doing it manually but when I schedule it using a crontab it gives me an error. . . . echo "-----------------Starting File FTP---------------------" >> $PROS_LOAD_LOG echo "open X.XX.XX.XXX" >>... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanhajoy
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ERROR: ./launch_full_backup.sh[18]: Syntax error at line 28 : `else' is not expected.

Help please! :confused: I have the following error with the following file and the emails are not arriving to the email, any idea please? ERROR: ./launch_full_backup.sh: Syntax error at line 28 : `else' is not expected. FECHA=`date +%d%m%y%H%M`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: villenan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Makefile: syntax error at line 1

I am able to 'Make' some of projects's modules using GNU's make except one where it throws me the following error gmake -f Makefile /bin/sh: syntax error at line 1: `if' unexpected gmake: *** Error 2 I am sure it has nothing to do with the Makefile as there is no 'if' in the first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudsa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re: Script Error [syntax error at line]

Hi , I Have Written A Simple Script To Check Greatest Of '2' Number When Execuating The Script I Am Getting The Below Error SP11: if:not found SP11: line 4:syntax error at line 5:'then' unexpexted And The Program I Have Wrriten For This #!bin/ksh echo "Enter Two Numbers"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anudeepkumar123
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error at line 24: `(' unexpected

Hi, I am getting an wired error.... the script is running fine when i run it manually... but the same when i try to run in nohup mode, i am getting error if Error: syntax error at line 24: `(' unexpected The above if is the 24th line!!! I dont understand the error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithz
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot execute/finish script because of last line syntax error: unexpected end of file/token `done'

first of all I thought the argument DONE is necessary for all scripts that have or begin with do statements which I have on my script, However, I still don't completely understand why I am receiving an error I tried adding another done argument statement but didn't do any good. I appreciate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

./1.sh: Syntax error at line 1 : `<<' is not matched.

function user { sqlplus primeit@$ORACLE_SID/primeit <<EOF select user_name from test; EOF } function gen { genpwdfile dec -in $1 -out $2 echo $1 echo $2 } function reset { sqlplus primeit@$ORACLE_SID/primeit... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
7 Replies
CREATE_FUNCTION(3)							 1							CREATE_FUNCTION(3)

create_function - Create an anonymous (lambda-style) function

SYNOPSIS
string create_function (string $args, string $code) DESCRIPTION
Creates an anonymous function from the parameters passed, and returns a unique name for it. Caution This function internally performs an eval(3) and as such has the same security issues as eval(3). Additionally it has bad perfor- mance and memory usage characteristics. If you are using PHP 5.3.0 or newer a native anonymous function should be used instead. PARAMETERS
Usually these parameters will be passed as single quote delimited strings. The reason for using single quoted strings, is to protect the variable names from parsing, otherwise, if you use double quotes there will be a need to escape the variable names, e.g. $avar. o $args - The function arguments. o $code - The function code. RETURN VALUES
Returns a unique function name as a string, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Creating an anonymous function with create_function(3) You can use this function, to (for example) create a function from information gathered at run time: <?php $newfunc = create_function('$a,$b', 'return "ln($a) + ln($b) = " . log($a * $b);'); echo "New anonymous function: $newfunc "; echo $newfunc(2, M_E) . " "; // outputs // New anonymous function: lambda_1 // ln(2) + ln(2.718281828459) = 1.6931471805599 ?> Or, perhaps to have general handler function that can apply a set of operations to a list of parameters: Example #2 Making a general processing function with create_function(3) <?php function process($var1, $var2, $farr) { foreach ($farr as $f) { echo $f($var1, $var2) . " "; } } // create a bunch of math functions $f1 = 'if ($a >=0) {return "b*a^2 = ".$b*sqrt($a);} else {return false;}'; $f2 = "return "min(b^2+a, a^2,b) = ".min($a*$a+$b,$b*$b+$a);"; $f3 = 'if ($a > 0 && $b != 0) {return "ln(a)/b = ".log($a)/$b; } else { return false; }'; $farr = array( create_function('$x,$y', 'return "some trig: ".(sin($x) + $x*cos($y));'), create_function('$x,$y', 'return "a hypotenuse: ".sqrt($x*$x + $y*$y);'), create_function('$a,$b', $f1), create_function('$a,$b', $f2), create_function('$a,$b', $f3) ); echo " Using the first array of anonymous functions "; echo "parameters: 2.3445, M_PI "; process(2.3445, M_PI, $farr); // now make a bunch of string processing functions $garr = array( create_function('$b,$a', 'if (strncmp($a, $b, 3) == 0) return "** "$a" '. 'and "$b" ** Look the same to me! (looking at the first 3 chars)";'), create_function('$a,$b', '; return "CRCs: " . crc32($a) . ", ".crc32($b);'), create_function('$a,$b', '; return "similar(a,b) = " . similar_text($a, $b, &$p) . "($p%)";') ); echo " Using the second array of anonymous functions "; process("Twas brilling and the slithy toves", "Twas the night", $garr); ?> The above example will output: Using the first array of anonymous functions parameters: 2.3445, M_PI some trig: -1.6291725057799 a hypotenuse: 3.9199852871011 b*a^2 = 4.8103313314525 min(b^2+a, a^2,b) = 8.6382729035898 ln(a)/b = 0.27122299212594 Using the second array of anonymous functions ** "Twas the night" and "Twas brilling and the slithy toves" ** Look the same to me! (looking at the first 3 chars) CRCs: -725381282, 342550513 similar(a,b) = 11(45.833333333333%) But perhaps the most common use for of lambda-style (anonymous) functions is to create callback functions, for example when using array_walk(3) or usort(3) Example #3 Using anonymous functions as callback functions <?php $av = array("the ", "a ", "that ", "this "); array_walk($av, create_function('&$v,$k', '$v = $v . "mango";')); print_r($av); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => the mango [1] => a mango [2] => that mango [3] => this mango ) an array of strings ordered from shorter to longer <?php $sv = array("small", "larger", "a big string", "it is a string thing"); print_r($sv); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => small [1] => larger [2] => a big string [3] => it is a string thing ) sort it from longer to shorter <?php usort($sv, create_function('$a,$b','return strlen($b) - strlen($a);')); print_r($sv); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => it is a string thing [1] => a big string [2] => larger [3] => small ) SEE ALSO
Anonymous functions. PHP Documentation Group CREATE_FUNCTION(3)