Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print variable in file using awk Post 302155197 by ranjithpr on Thursday 3rd of January 2008 05:43:35 AM
Old 01-03-2008
Is this you need?

var=3
awk -F',' -v avar=$var '{print $avar}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print variable in awk

i read the variable ph from file and i wanna to print it in awk. example ph=`cat tmpbatch` tail h.txt|grep "| |"|awk -F"|" '{ print "@unpdx.sql",$5 }'"$ph" i try this but it does not work (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kazanoova2
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable inside awk '{print $c}'

i'm trying to do this (in bash darwin); echo "give me some words: " read a c=2 # this is get by other ways echo $a | awk '{print $c}' # i want to print the column given # by de $c variable if there is someone understand what i pretend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tártaro
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print a value in the variable using awk ?

:b:Hi All, I have a part of a script below: var1="value1" awk 'BEGIN {printf("%36s \n ","value1")}' Instead of directly giving the "value1" , I need to give using "var1" in the above awk statement. Is this possible? If so, what is the modified awk command? Thanks in advance JS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print redirection to variable file name

Hello, i need to redirect the output of print to a variable file name: #This is normal awk '{ print $17 > "output.txt" }' input #I need something like this awk '{ print $17 > "output_${25}.txt" }' input how to format the output file name to contain a variable? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazeeb
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable

I have list of files: ls a.pdf b.pdf c.pdf and so on... and I have a file like this: cat file1 apple mango pear and so on... I want to rename my file like this: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print using a variable

hey, just want to ask how to do this. ex. g="hi i am john" h=`echo $g | awk '{print $2}'` echo $h OUTPUT is 'i' What if I want to use a variable instead of using '2', how do I do that? Because this one does not work: a=2 h=`echo $g | awk '{print ${$a}}'` this one also does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable then fields in variable

i have this variable: varT="1--2--3--5" i want to use awk to print field 3 from this variable. i dont want to do the "echo $varT". but here's my awk code: awk -v valA="$varT" "BEGIN {print valA}" this prints the entire line. i feel like i'm so close to getting what i want. i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable won't print out - awk

done. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: myaa02
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print columns and variable

Hi, Can anyone help with the below please? I have written some code which takes an input file, and and prints the contents out to a new file - it then loops round and prints the same columns, but increments the ID column by 1 each time. Input file; NAME,1,15-Dec-15, NAME,1,21-Dec-15,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ads89
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to lookup stored variable in file and print matching line

The bash bash below extracts the oldest folder from a directory and stores it in filename That result will match a line in bold in input. In the matching line there is an_xxx digit in italics that (once the leading zero is removed) will match a line in link. That is the lint to print in output.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
MooseX::Getopt::Meta::Attribute::Trait::NoGetopt(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation    MooseX::Getopt::Meta::Attribute::Trait::NoGetopt(3)

NAME
MooseX::Getopt::Meta::Attribute::Trait::NoGetopt - Optional meta attribute trait for ignoring params SYNOPSIS
package App; use Moose; with 'MooseX::Getopt'; has 'data' => ( traits => [ 'NoGetopt' ], # do not attempt to capture this param is => 'ro', isa => 'Str', default => 'file.dat', ); DESCRIPTION
This is a custom attribute metaclass trait which can be used to specify that a specific attribute should not be processed by "MooseX::Getopt". All you need to do is specify the "NoGetopt" metaclass trait. has 'foo' => (traits => [ 'NoGetopt', ... ], ... ); AUTHORS
o Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> o Brandon L. Black <blblack@gmail.com> o Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@woobling.org> o Ryan D Johnson <ryan@innerfence.com> o Drew Taylor <drew@drewtaylor.com> o Tomas Doran <bobtfish@bobtfish.net> o Florian Ragwitz <rafl@debian.org> o Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsaaker <ilmari@ilmari.org> o var Arnfjoer` Bjarmason <avar@cpan.org> o Chris Prather <perigrin@cpan.org> o Karen Etheridge <ether@cpan.org> o Jonathan Swartz <swartz@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-30 MooseX::Getopt::Meta::Attribute::Trait::NoGetopt(3)