Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris BrandZ on OpenSolaris Express CE b78 Post 302154896 by jlliagre on Wednesday 2nd of January 2008 10:52:38 AM
Old 01-02-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess_t03
1) I don't have service svc:/system/filesystem/volfs:default and svcs -a | grep volfs don't find nothing. but in docs example this service is present Smilie How i can install this service ?
You don't need to. It has been replaced by HAL.
Quote:
RHEL 3.x very old , i can something install RHEL 4.x ?
Yes, with the experimental 2.6 kernel support:
BrandZ: Linux 2.6 Support at OpenSolaris.org

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Outlook express

Where is the file where all my e-mails are stored?I know theres one file with everything in it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and Outlook Express

Awhile back I followed instructions in a newsletter (I don't remember which one) giving instructions on making Outlook Express very plain. Unfortunately I followed the instructions but did not make a note of the string. The last word was true. The instructions stated that if one wanted to return to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarilynNolan
0 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Express or OpenIndiana

Simply question which should I use. correct me if I'm wrong but Solaris Express is taking the place of Opensolaris and is officially sanctioned by Oracle and OpenIndiana is what used to be OpenSolaris. If I opt for OpenIndiana is it going to follow the official Oracle Solaris releases or are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael78
3 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenSolaris, Solaris, Solaris Express - differences

What are the differences between these systems? I have to use Oracle's product but I do not know who to choose (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
3 Replies
xenstored(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     xenstored(1M)

NAME
xenstored - xVM store daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/xenstored DESCRIPTION
The xenstored daemon provides control of the configuration of Solaris xVM domains. Service Management Facility Support The xenstored service is managed by the service management facility, smf(5), under the service identifier: svc:/system/xvm/store:default The service's status can be queried using the svcs(1) command. The service can be enabled successfully only when running under xVM. At this time, attempts to restart the daemon can cause the failure of xVM management tools as well as running domains. If the daemon needs to be restarted, a reboot is necessary. FILES
/var/run/xenstored/tdb Configuration database. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWxvmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
svcs(1), svcadm(1M), xend(1M), xm(1M), attributes(5), smf(5), xVM(5) SunOS 5.11 31 Oct 2007 xenstored(1M)