Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file Post 302154172 by shilendrajadon on Friday 28th of December 2007 08:41:25 AM
Old 12-28-2007
PHP Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file.

Example:

File1

Name designation dateOfJoining
Shilendra SE 12/28/2007
Brijesh SE 12/25/2007
Sunil JSE N/A
Pankaj SE 12/20/2007
Manish SE N/A
Akhilendra SE 11/20/2007

Then after running the script the file should be like

File1

Shilendra SE 12/28/2007
Brijesh SE 12/25/2007
Pankaj SE 12/20/2007
Akhilendra SE 11/20/2007

And bad file will contain the record for which date was N/A

BadFile

Sunil JSE N/A
Manish SE N/A

Pls help me out as soon as possible.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting a record and adding a record to a file

Hi, I am new to UNIX scripting and woiuld appreicate your help... Input file contains only one (but long) record: aaaaabbbbbcccccddddd..... Desired file: NEW RECORD #new record (hardcoded) added as first record - its length is irrelevant# aaaaa bbbbb ccccc ddddd ... ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rsolap
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to search a bad record in a file then put the record in the bad file

I need to write a script that can find a bad record (for example: there is date field colom but value provided in the file for this field is N/A) then script shoud searches this pattern and then insert the whole record into the bad file. Example: File1 Name designation dateOfJoining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shilendrajadon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read record by record from a file in unix

Hi guys, i have a big file with the following format.This includes header(H),detail(D) and trailer(T) information in the file.My problem is i have to search for the character "6h" at 14 th and 15 th position in all the records .if it is there i have to write all those records into a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raoscb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace fixed length record file

Hi I need to be search a file of fixed length records and when I hit a particular record that match a search string, substitute a known position field In the example file below FHEAD000000000120090806143011 THEAD0000000002Y0000000012 P00000000000000001234 TTAIL0000000003... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nedkelly007
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to read a file and parse each record

Hi Guys, I am new to unix scripting and I am tasked to parse through a CSV file delimited by #. Sample: sample.csv H#A#B#C D#A#B#C T#A#B#C H = Header D = Detail Record T = Tail What I need is to read the file and parse through it to get the columns. I have no idea on how... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3vilwyatt
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file (one record) in a SHL script

I am trying to read a file in a shl script (only one record) and stored in a variable file_number I got the following read -u $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat file_number file_number2 = $file_number + 1 echo $file_number2 > $BANNER_HOME/xxxxxx/misc/EFTSQL.dat EOF It is not working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rechever
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print record count of a file using shell script

HI, I need to print the record count of a file using shell script. If the record count of a file excluding header and trailer record if greater than zero then print 'Record count of a file is xxxx records'. If the record count is zero print 'zero records' Thanks Mahendra (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmeda
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating repeating record in between file through script

apprecieate your help to resove this. My source file looke like 1001 000 HEADER 1001 001 RAJESH 1001 002 100 1001 002 200 1001 002 500 1001 006 FOOTER 1002 000 HEADER 1002 001 RAMESH 1002 002 100 1002 002 200 1002 002 500 1002 006 FOOTER my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract timestamp from first record in xml file and it checks if not it will replace first record

I have test.xml <emp><id>101</id><name>AAA</name><date>06/06/14 1811</date></emp> <Join><id>101</id><city>london</city><date>06/06/14 2011</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>new york</city><date>06/06/14 1811</date></join> <Join><id>101</id><city>sydney</city><date>06/06/14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsraju
2 Replies
DOVEADM-SEARCH-QUERY(7) 					      Dovecot						   DOVEADM-SEARCH-QUERY(7)

NAME
doveadm-search-query - Overview of search queries for doveadm mailbox commands DESCRIPTION
Several doveadm(1) commands use a search_query in order to act only on matching messages. This manual page describes all SEARCH KEYS, which can be used in a search_query. Each search_query consists at least of one SEARCH KEY. Most of the SEARCH KEYS require an argument. All SEARCH KEYS are case-insensitive. The shortest valid search_query is ALL. For example: doveadm search ALL Multiple search query expressions will be combined with the AND operator by default. To find all messages that are new and greater than 50 kilobyte, one can use: doveadm search NEW LARGER 50k OR-ed SEARCH KEYS have to be written in parenthesis, when mixing ANDs and ORs. Shells commonly require escaping for parentheses. To find messages that were saved on the "13th of April 2007" AND have the Seen and/or Flagged flag set, one can use for example: doveadm search SAVEDON 2007-04-13 ( SEEN OR FLAGGED ) It's also possible to specify the mailbox, in which should be searched. Use either the keyword mailbox and the name of the mailbox or the keyword mailbox-guid and the mailbox's globally unique identifier in the search_query. To find all messages in the mailbox with the GUID "44f68b13ce97044b837f000035ca9452" use: doveadm search mailbox-guid 44f68b13ce97044b837f000035ca9452 ALL To list all deleted messages in the "Trash" folder use: doveadm search mailbox Trash DELETED SEARCH KEYS
The following search keys from the specification of IMAP version 4 revision 1 (see: RFC 3501, section 6.4.4) are supported: ALL Matches all messages. ANSWERED Matches messages with the IMAP flag Answered set. BCC pattern Matches messages, which contain pattern in the BCC field of the message's IMAP envelope structure. BEFORE date specification Matches messages with an internal date before date specification. BODY pattern Matches messages, which contain pattern in the body part. CC pattern Matches messages, which contain pattern in the CC field of the message's IMAP envelope structure. DELETED Matches messages with the IMAP flag Deleted set. DRAFT Matches messages with the IMAP flag Draft set. FLAGGED Matches messages with the IMAP flag Flagged set. FROM pattern Matches messages, which contain pattern in the FROM field of the message's IMAP envelope structure. HEADER field pattern Matches messages, which either have the named header field, when empty pattern was given. Or messages, where the given header field's value contains the specified pattern. KEYWORD keyword Matches messages with the given IMAP keyword (e.g. $Forwarded) flag set. LARGER size Matches messages that are larger than the specified size. MAILBOX name Matches messages in the mailbox with the specified name. MAILBOX-GUID guid Matches messages in the mailbox with the specified guid. NEW Matches messages, which have the IMAP flag Recent set but not the IMAP flag Seen. NOT search key Inverse matching - matches massages, where the search doesn't match the specified search key or its value. OLD Matches messages, which do not have the IMAP flag Recent set. ON date specification Matches messages whose internal date matches the given date specification. search key OR search key Matches messages where one of the OR-ed search keys matches. Note: IMAP4rev1 uses the syntax: OR search key search key RECENT Matches messages with the IMAP flag Recent set. SEEN Matches messages with the IMAP flag Seen set. SENTBEFORE date specification Matches messages with a Date: header before date specification. SENTON date specification Matches messages with a Date: header matching the given date specification. SENTSINCE date specification Matches messages with a Date: header matching or after the given date specification. SINCE date specification Matches messages whose internal date is within or after the given date specification. SMALLER size Matches messages with a size smaller than the given size. SUBJECT pattern Matches messages, which contain pattern in the SUBJECT field of the message's IMAP envelope structure. TEXT pattern Matches messages, which contain pattern in the message body. TO pattern Matches messages, which contain pattern in the TO field of the message's IMAP envelope structure. UID sequence Matches messages with the given UID(s). A sequence may be a single UID. Can be a sequence range, written as from:to, e.g. 100:125. As comma separated list of UIDs, e.g. 11,50,4. It's also possible to combine multiple sequences, e.g. 1,3,5,7,10:20. UNANSWERED Matches messages, which do not have the IMAP flag Answered set. UNDELETED Matches messages, which do not have the IMAP flag Deleted set. UNDRAFT Matches messages, which do not have the IMAP flag Draft set. UNFLAGGED Matches messages, which do not have the IMAP flag Flagged set. UNKEYWORD keyword Matches messages, which do not have the given IMAP keyword flag set UNSEEN Matches messages, which do not have the IMAP flag Seen set. DOVEADM SEARCH KEYS Additional search keys, provided by doveadm(1). SAVEDBEFORE date specification Matches messages, which were saved before date specification. SAVEDON date specification Matches messages whose save date matches the given date specification. SAVEDSINCE date specification Matches messages with a save date matching or after the given date specification. DATE SPECIFICATION
doveadm(1) supports a few additional date specification formats. They can be used anywhere, where a date specification value is obliga- tory. day-month-year Default IMAP4rev1 date format. day, the day of month: 1-31. month, the abbreviated month name: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov or Dec. year, four digits of year, e.g. 2007. For example the "13th of April 2007" will be represented as 13-Apr-2007. interval Combination of a positive integer number and a time unit. Available time units are: weeks (abbr: w), days (abbr: d), hours (abbr: h), mins (abbr: m) and secs (abbr: s). To match messages from last week, you may specify for example: since 1w, since 1weeks or since 7days. Unix timestamp A 10 digit Unix timestamp, seconds since the 1st of January 1970, 00:00:00 UTC. For example the "13th of April 2007" will be repre- sented as 1176418800. YYYY-MM-DD Extended ISO-8601 calendar date format. For example the "13th of April 2007" will be represented as 2007-04-13. SIZE
doveadm(1) provides also an additional size representation format. The following formats can be used anywhere, where a size value is obligatory. octets The message size in octets, as specified in the IMAP4rev1 specification. size The message size in B (byte), k (kilobyte), M (megabyte), G (gigabyte) or T (terabyte). To match messages, bigger than 1 megabyte, you may specify for example: larger 1M or larger 1024k. SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), doveadm-search(1) Dovecot v2.1 2011-11-24 DOVEADM-SEARCH-QUERY(7)