Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Find who has permission to delete Post 302153232 by arunkumar_mca on Monday 24th of December 2007 03:41:14 AM
Old 12-24-2007
Find who has permission to delete

All,

I am running a script , which has permision as below

-r-xr-x--- 1 pmgr ffw 11660 Sep 3 2003 ccln

and tring to delete the file in the directory inter

(sys212Smiliect:/>) ll | grep ^d

dr-xr-xr-x 32 bin bin 8192 Dec 24 03:24 etc
drwxr-xr-x 32 root root 1024 Nov 27 16:45 home
drwxrwsr-x 3 inter inter 10240 Dec 21 15:03 inter

(sys212Smiliect:/>) cd inter
(sys22Smiliect:/inter>) ll | head
-rw-r----- 1 int01 inter 11055 Jul 5 2006 06187.txt
-rw-r----- 1 int01 inter 9380 Jul 6 2006 06188.txt
-rw-r----- 1 int01 inter 24388 Jul 7 2006 06189.txt

How can i know that whether my script ccln is having permision to delete the files inside the directory . Please let me know how to find out
-r-xr-x--- 1 pmgr ffw 11660 Sep 3 2003 ccln
what are the operation the ccln can perform .

Inside ccln i am find the file and deleting the file . It is not working for directory inter that i mentioed above . Can any one let me know why an d how cani overcome the same

Thanks,
Arun

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to delete file for permission problem

Hi, We are facing problem to delete some logfiles. Explaing with example for clear understanding : we have 2 accounts : prdpqrs (application account) & prodxyz (admin account - not root). Both of them are in same group called 'release' While prodxyz is trying to remove a file owned by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabyasm
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find File with permission below 664

Hi Using find i want to find files with permission below 664. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
6 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

shouldnt we also have the permission to delete our threads

i think we should also have the permissions to delete our own thread (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
3 Replies

4. Fedora

Find Files in Directory by Permission?

Hello. I need to write a script that lets the user pick a directory. Then, all files are looped through, and the ones with read-write (for current user I think) are listed. Ending with a count of those files, but that parts easy. What I'm confused about is the middle. So far I have ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Feuyaer
15 Replies

5. Solaris

Delete Permission on Directory

Hi, I have a directory /u01/source. Following are current permission on directory source. oracle@TEST # ls -l source drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 31232 Apr 8 13:33 EG1 drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 1024 Apr 8 05:45 E2 drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 57344 Mar 15 10:22 h5 There is another ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
4 Replies

6. SuSE

Cannot delete no permission file

I am trying to delete a folder, but unable to do so. tried my level best to delete. Here I am giving all the steps I have tried out - 1. Output of ls -la ls: cannot access -loop0: Permission denied ls: cannot access -e0.7: Permission denied total 324 d????????? ? ? ? ? ? -e0.7 d????????? ?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudip.majumder
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find - prints Permission denied

Hi, I'm trying to search for files with a particular pattern using the below command. find . -name file_1.txt -print It gives Permission denied error on several files, using standard error, how do we ignore this error and print only the valid matches. find:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find out who changed the file permission in unix

Can any one tell me is there any command to find out who changed the permission of a file Or is there any log file so that i can find out who has changed the permission of a file? Thanks in Advance:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uttamnsd
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is rsync --delete on some files without write permission possible?

Hello all, I have a problem with rsync command. From a backup server, I use a command like the one below: rsync -av --delete user@host:/home/user/ /home/backup_user/daily_rotating_backup/ In some folders of the user there are some files on which he has removed his write permission on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with using find for other permission

Hi, I am using the following find command to search for file permissions that I have to correct find . -perm 777 -type f -print find . -perm 777 -type d -print I then do a chmod o-w,o-r,o-x to make them not not 777. I am also needing to search for where the others has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies
asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-domain, delete-domain - deletes the givendomain SYNOPSIS
delete-domain [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--domaindir install_dir/domains] domain_name delete-domain deletes the specified domain. The domain must already exist and must be stopped. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be deleted. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain in the default install_dir/domains directory is deleted. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using delete-domain asadmin> delete-domain sampleDomain deleted domain sampleDomain successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain is deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)