Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to log start/stop time of ALL processes Post 302151214 by bluesky099 on Thursday 13th of December 2007 11:22:07 PM
Old 12-14-2007
Thanks porter, but there are hundreds of scripts running, and they are either Ksh or Perl scripts. Do you mean a separate wrapper for every script? A common wrapper is not possible, since I am not supposed to modify cron entry.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking before start and stop processes

Hi, I have 2 start and stop sh. Start sh -------- This will start few processes. Example code: echo "start process : lgz200 /pipe=test_jobs" nohup lgz200 /db=test/test1@test1 /pipe=test_jobs > ../log/lgz200_j.log & echo "echo \"stop process (pid=$!): lgz200 /pipe=test_jobs\"" >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maldini
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Log 'syslog start/stop/restart' messages

How can I tell my syslog.conf to log "syslog start/stop/restart" messages on a Solaris box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SunnyK
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Servers Start and Stop

HI I am using below code to start and stop servers but it is not working ,how to run the script please suggest me ,if any errors in the script please let me know. #!/bin/bash IMS_START="/Webserver/AppServer/bin/startServer.sh" IMS_STOP="/Webserver/AppServer/bin/stopServer.sh" case "$1" in ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RG18173
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start program in background (or start crontab ahead of time)

Hey! I'm working on a script that will add a user, create some configfiles, and add a crontab for the user. The crontab looks like the following: @reboot /home/user/program config.conf & I would like for this process to start at the end of my script under the corresponding username by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: noratx
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How to start/stop processes

Please anyone tell me In my last interview the HR asks me how to monitor, start,stop & kill the various processes and subprocesses. Please anyone explain me clearly. It's my personal request (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start vs. Restart

Is there any functional difference between: issuing separate stop/start commands like this; super (handler) (instance) stop super (handler) (instance) start versus issuing a single recycle command like this; super (handler) (instance) restart (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newbix
3 Replies

7. SuSE

List of processes/ which ones to stop

Hi there, I've install a testserver with SLES 11.0! I'll install/test XEN + WebServer not all things at the moment! In a first time, I'd like to stop all unuse processes... but I don't understand all processes! As someone a list of all processes with his signification and which should/could... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiddenshadow
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple processes write to log file at the same time

If we have 3 process to write to same log file at the same time like below. will it cause the data outdated because the multiple process writing same time? It this a safe way to keep the log for multiple process? p1 >> test.log &; p2 >> test.log &; p3 >> test.log & Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: casttree
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to synch 2 processes to start at the same time

Hey Excuse me if this question is repeated everywhere but I am still new with scripting and I couldn't apply what I found to my case :confused::confused: I am trying to run a rec process on a ssh client and at the same time play a file from my computer so i tried this #!/bin/bash echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Antaha
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Find processes by start time

How do I find the process ( which might got completed ) which were ran at specific time. for e.g. I should be able to find below process after 2 hrs if I find by time 04:00 myuser 23285 22522 0 04:00 pts/0 00:00:00 /home/myuser/bin/abc.ksh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
3 Replies
murmur-user-wrapper(1)					      General Commands Manual					    murmur-user-wrapper(1)

NAME
murmur-user-wrapper - User wrapper for murmurd. SYNOPSIS
murmur-user-wrapper [options] DESCRIPTION
Murmur is the server component of Mumble, a low-latency, high quality VoIP application. Murmur-wrapper is a wrapper script to make it eas- ier for normal users to set up their own, private murmur server. OPTIONS
-d "directory" Set directory to use. By default, the wrapper script uses $HOME/murmur -s Check if murmur process is running. -k Terminate running murmur process. -i Initialize only, do not start the server. -p "password" Specify password for the SuperUser account and exit. SuperUser is the mumble equivalent of root, a special user which bypasses all access restrictions. NOTES
To create your own private server, you first want to run murmur-user-wrapper -i Then edit ~/murmur/murmur.ini to set the various configuration settings. The most important is probably the port; unless you're the only murmur process running on this server, you'll need to change it. When you're happy with your settings, you need to set the password for SuperUser, which is your administrator account. murmur-user-wrapper -p <password> Once this is done, simply run murmur-user-wrapper to start the server. SEE ALSO
murmurd(1). AUTHOR
mumble and murmurd was written by Thorvald Natvig <slicer@users.sourceforge.net>. 2008 May 09 murmur-user-wrapper(1)