Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bus error (coredump)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers bus error (coredump) Post 302150626 by porter on Wednesday 12th of December 2007 03:04:55 AM
Old 12-12-2007
I suggest you open the program and the core dump with a debugger.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bus Error

This may belong in the C Programming forum, but here goes anyway... What would cause a bus error? I searched google for a cause, but came up with some conflicting reports... Could it be caused by disk space? A lot of the pages I found mentioned linking with the incorrect versions of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bus error(coredump

aix 5.3 ML1 system was functioing well, when suddenly telnet session hung and then I got the following message "Bus error(coredump)" would appreciate if anyone would assist as to what to do next. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bus Error(coredump)

Hi, I am using HP-UX. While i try to run the Sqlplus command using the shel script in encounter the following error: <shell script name>: some number Bus Error(coredump) What may be the reason behind this. I read few previous threads in this forum where i found some similar case. There it was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayesh
2 Replies

4. Programming

BUS error

Hi! I've got a program which runs fine under Linux, but I have compiled it to run under SunOS 5.8 in a Sparc computer, and now it sometimes fails with "bus error". Ussing gdb I surfed to the error line, which is *pointer = some_vector; where some_vector is a 16 byte struct (4 integers)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shesatmine
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bus error(coredump) while running SQL*Loader in HP Unix 11

Hi All, I am getting coredump error, when I try to execute Oracle SQL*Loader from Shell script in Unix environment. But SQL*Loader from local machine runs fine with same database. SQL*Loader: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Mon Apr 23 05:23:47 2007 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas_paluku
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Segmentation (CoreDump) error !!

Hi all, I am trying to create few directories using script and its giving me segmentation error. #!/bin/ksh createDirectories() createDirectories() { cat dirs | \ while read line do mkdir... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
16 Replies

7. HP-UX

Need help on Bus error(coredump)

Hi all, I am quite weak in C but I need to get some work done. Hope someone can help me out. I keep getting this error when i try to run my C application in my HP-UX 10.20 machine. Some code snippet: Month(DBTime) =====This is a function which will return variable "CutOffTime" to be use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vision©
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

Bus Error

I am getting bus error when i include "#!/bin/ksh". If i remove interpreter then script is working. Can anyone explain this and how can i avoid this error? Operating System is HP-UX B.11.23 U 9000/800 1091834454 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anbu23
2 Replies

9. Programming

Bus error

Hi everyone, I have a GUI project and when I run it and left in idle state for a long time(there is nothing done, just opened GUI, no more actions),I get bus error after trying to do anything with it. I've tried to build it in debug mode and use gdb, but I don't get any error in debug mode.It... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sisi
3 Replies

10. Programming

Bus Error: 10...Help please!

Hi all, I am writing a phonebook program to store names and number using a list. Here is the code for the function which allows the user to enter the name and number (where the error occurs). //THIS FUNCTION ADDS A NEW ENTRY TO THE phonebook_list void insert(void){ //variables int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kdejan
5 Replies
SAVECORE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       SAVECORE(8)

NAME
savecore -- save a core dump of the operating system SYNOPSIS
savecore -c [-v] [device ...] savecore -C [-v] [device ...] savecore [-fkvz] [-m maxdumps] [directory [device ...]] DESCRIPTION
The savecore utility copies a core dump into directory, or the current working directory if no directory argument is given, and enters a reboot message and information about the core dump into the system log. The options are as follows: -C Check to see if a dump exists, and display a brief message to indicate the status. An exit status of 0 indicates that a dump is there, 1 indicates that none exists. This option is compatible only with the [-v] option. -c Clear the dump, so that future invocations of savecore will ignore it. -f Force a dump to be taken even if either the dump was cleared or if the dump header information is inconsistent. -k Do not clear the dump after saving it. -m maxdumps Maximum number of dumps to store. Once the number of stored dumps is equal to maxdumps the counter will restart from 0. -v Print out some additional debugging information. Specify twice for more information. -z Compress the core dump and kernel (see gzip(1)). The savecore utility looks for dumps on each device specified by the device argument(s), or on each device in /etc/fstab marked as ``dump'' or ``swap''. The savecore utility checks the core dump in various ways to make sure that it is complete. If it passes these checks, it saves the core image in directory/vmcore.# and information about the core in directory/info.#. For kernel textdumps generated with the textdump(4) facility, output will be stored in the tar(5) format and named directory/textdump.tar.#. The ``#'' is the number from the first line of the file directory/bounds, and it is incremented and stored back into the file each time savecore successfully runs. The savecore utility also checks the available disk space before attempting to make the copies. If there is insufficient disk space in the file system containing directory, or if the file directory/minfree exists and the number of free kilobytes (for non-superusers) in the file system after the copies were made would be less than the number in the first line of this file, the copies are not attempted. If savecore successfully copies the kernel and the core dump, the core dump is cleared so that future invocations of savecore will ignore it. The savecore utility is meant to be called near the end of the initialization file /etc/rc (see rc(8)). SEE ALSO
gzip(1), getbootfile(3), textdump(4), tar(5), dumpon(8), syslogd(8) HISTORY
The savecore utility appeared in 4.1BSD. Support for kernel textdumps appeared in FreeBSD 7.1. BUGS
The minfree code does not consider the effect of compression or sparse files. BSD
December 17, 2012 BSD