Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hey Perl Gurus
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hey Perl Gurus Post 302149481 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 6th of December 2007 09:03:38 AM
Old 12-06-2007
Quote:
if($author=~/\A[a-z]+\Z/i)&&(length($author!=0))
should be

Code:
if( ( $author=~/\A[a-z]+\Z/i ) && ( length($author) !=0 ) )

similar comment for elsif

Last edited by matrixmadhan; 12-06-2007 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: elsif comment

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Any RF unix gurus out there?

I am having a problem here. We are having several problems in regards to hung process's on unix (HPUX box), caused by my RF equipment (Mobile data capture units). these contact the host via a simply telnet session and locks the system? Is it a timeout problem as the timeout is disabled on the host. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subrosa
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED GURUS - Help!

I wish to substituite a string on each line but ONLY if it appears within double-quotes: this_string="abc#def#geh" # Comment here I wish to change the "#" characters within the double quoted string to "_": this_string="abc_def_geh" # Comment here ... but as you see, the "comment" hash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simerian
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix/Linux gurus...here is Q 4u

Suppose I have two files 1.txt and 2.txt. My aim is to find (Total execution time/Number of executions) then sort the result as in decreasing order. Can anyone provide me any shell/perl/awk script or a Command to do that in faster way ? 1.txt : =============================== Number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

VI Editor - question for unix gurus !!

I have created a dummy file -demo.txt On my machine-A (oslevel-5300-08) I can display the file content in HEX format through VI editor using :%!xxd but on other machine-B (oslevel - 5300-06) , I get error as "sh: xxd: not found." machine-A: $ cat demo.txt Hello World ! I can display... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script questions for gurus

guys, I need a steer in the right direction for this issue. it would be great if anyone of you can help me out. i have a textfile where i want to swap the lines based on the user input. The textfile is looks like the #file 1 name TB #file 1 ID 1000 # #file for ID1 system1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling mysql gurus : need help with my view

hi there I have a view which is working fine, but i have been told that i need to make sure the resulting output excludes all rows with nic_status equal to the string "removed". Does anybody know in which part of the code below i would place the conditional ... WHERE nic_status !=... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling all the awk gurus out there.

Hi all, I just signed up to the forums, although, I have lurked on here for awhile. Anyways, my issue is I am trying to get awk to spit out something I can use without having to spend hours in excel hell haha. So, I used sed to replace the spaces with semicolons and redirected that to a file. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: savigabi
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus about sed.

Hi Folks. I need change something into file and after all manipulation I need delete only last COMMA into this piece of code -> GROUP 1 ( '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log01a.dbf', '/oralog2/ORAPRD/log01b.dbf' ) SIZE 512M, GROUP 2 ( '/oralog1/ORAPRD/log02a.dbf', ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus with expect

Hi., I need to ask question for expect script. I have prompt like # and very long script (orachk). I added to expect script line set prompt "(%|#|\\\$) $" and insert into it also piece of code ---- expect { timeout { puts "Running..." exp_continue } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
0 Replies
GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)

NAME
git-quiltimport - Applies a quilt patchset onto the current branch SYNOPSIS
git quiltimport [--dry-run | -n] [--author <author>] [--patches <dir>] DESCRIPTION
Applies a quilt patchset onto the current git branch, preserving the patch boundaries, patch order, and patch descriptions present in the quilt patchset. For each patch the code attempts to extract the author from the patch description. If that fails it falls back to the author specified with --author. If the --author flag was not given the patch description is displayed and the user is asked to interactively enter the author of the patch. If a subject is not found in the patch description the patch name is preserved as the 1 line subject in the git description. OPTIONS
-n, --dry-run Walk through the patches in the series and warn if we cannot find all of the necessary information to commit a patch. At the time of this writing only missing author information is warned about. --author Author Name <Author Email> The author name and email address to use when no author information can be found in the patch description. --patches <dir> The directory to find the quilt patches and the quilt series file. The default for the patch directory is patches or the value of the $QUILT_PATCHES environment variable. AUTHOR
Written by Eric Biederman <ebiederm@lnxi.com[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Eric Biederman <ebiederm@lnxi.com[1]> GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. ebiederm@lnxi.com mailto:ebiederm@lnxi.com Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-QUILTIMPORT(1)