Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shell script doubt
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script doubt Post 302149127 by LAKSHMI NARAYAN on Wednesday 5th of December 2007 02:25:43 AM
Old 12-05-2007
hi

the line in your script are commented, so no use of that lines in your script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix + oracle doubt....involving shell script

....does the dbms_output.put_line work inside unix shell script? i mean this is to be inside the sqlplus connection as follows!! sqlplus -s $UP <<EOJ .. .. .. dbms_output.put_line ('Insertion procedure failed for UPC BC : ' || wk_key_value || ' Sqlcode: ' || SQLCODE || ' Error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mexx_freedom
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell / awk doubt

Hi all, I have a ascii text file like this : $cat a.txt abc |12343 |xyakdfj | x |323 || kr1 |13434343|234343 | Is it possible to to get the file eleminating blank spaces? output file : abc|12343|xyakdfj| x|323||... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting basic doubt

Hi, I have a script called sam.sh which consists of a single echo statement like this #/usr/bin/ksh echo "Mani" I changed the mode for the script by giving chmod a+x sam.sh. If I want to execute the scrpt by just giving the name at the command line "sam.sh", what should I necessarily do?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in running shell script

Hi, I'm a newbie in shell script. I have a problem in running my a.out in a bash shell script named vetri . The following is the code. #!bash/bin ./a.out abc.xyz where ./a.out is a c++ bin file and abc.xyz is an argument. My ./a.out expects an input (cin >> temp). How can I give the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lchokka
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script basic doubt

hi, I am new script learner, so my basic doubt is , how to store value of any command in a variable example $ ls | wc -l i want to stote the output of this in a variable c. so that i can use c in if else loop. and when do we use " ` " symbol in script.. can anyone also tell for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi2_t
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help normal doubt abt shell script

How to print a only files and not directories in a path. for exam :a user consists both files and directoris in his path. i have to write a script to display only files not dirctories. and only dirctories not files. Advance thanks to forum members.:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell redirection doubt

Hi, Could anyone explain me why I am getting the 'broken pipe' error for the below? exec 3>&1 echo cat | cat <&3 -su: echo: write error: Broken pipe (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell scripting doubt

Hello All, I am setting up a cron job, where i am calling a shell script to make few builds. I got struck at a point, need some expert inputs to proceed further. The script is categorized in 5 parts and in the last part while building software it asks for few questions like:- 1. Build mode... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_jammu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting Variable doubt

Dear Friends, If i give the command echo $- i am getting output of himBH. Can some body explain what does it means echo $- himBH Thanks in Advance Rajkumar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumarin
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle function invoked from shell script doubt

hi gurus, I have tried myself to invoke an oracle function. there are three different function available need to be called for differnt. can you tell me whether the below code is correct to call oracle function from shell script. Any help would be highly appreciated. cat location.sh ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
5 Replies
diff3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  diff3(1)

Name
       diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison

Syntax
       diff3 [-ex3] file1 file2 file3

Description
       The command compares three versions of a file, and publishes the ranges of text that disagree, flagged with the following codes:

====	      all three files differ

====1       file1 is different

====2       file2 is different

====3       file3 is different

The type of change needed to convert a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways:

f : n1 a    Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3.

f : n1 , n2 c
		      Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2.  If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1.

The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication.  When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of
       the lower-numbered file is suppressed.

Options
       -3   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file1 and file2 that are to be incorporated into file3.

-e	   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file2 and file3 that are to be incorporated into file1.

-x	   Produces an editor script containing the changes among all three files.

Examples
       Under the -e option, publishes a script for the editor that incorporates into file1 all changes between file2 and  file3  -  that  is,  the
       changes	that would normally be flagged ==== and ====3.	Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3).
       The following command applies the resulting script to `file1':
       (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1

Restrictions
       Text lines that consist of a single `.'	defeat -e.

Files
       /tmp/d3?????
       /usr/lib/diff3

See Also
       cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), dffmk(1), join(1), sccsdiff(1), uniq(1)

diff3(1)