Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to send email from HP Unix box Post 302148086 by Ygor on Thursday 29th of November 2007 09:20:52 PM
Old 11-29-2007
Have a look in the FAQs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. Programming

Can we send email with C program on Unix?

Hi, I just wanted to know if there is any way to send email using C program on Unix. Thanks for your help! Julie (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Send email in UNIX

Hi, I am new to Shell script programming. Can anyone explain How to Send Mail in UNIX. Can explain in detail please? Thanks in Advance. From Sathish D V. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cooolthud
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to know whether I am able to send email from unix server or not?

How to know whether I am able to send email from unix server or not? I ma trying to send mail to my gmail id using command sendmail -s "Subject" abc@gmail.com Hi How are you? . It showed that You are not allowed to send mail. My question is there any file which contains the list of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script to check if rsh to box and send status mail

rshstatus=`rsh -n lilo /db/p2/oracle/names9208/restart_names.sh` if $rshstatus <>0 then errstatus=1 mailx -s "xirsol8dr" ordba@xxx.com >> $log_dr else if errstatus=0 echo "status to xirsol8dr successful" can anyone provide if this is t he correct way to do this or is there a better way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpm12
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send email after comparing the folder permissions to a certain permission & send email

Hello , I am trying to write a unix shell script to compare folder permission to say drwxr-x-wx and then send an email to my id in case the folders don't have the drwxr-x-wx permissions set for them . I have been trying to come up with a script for few days now , pls help me:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nairshar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

send email issue in unix

Hi, I am trying to send the contents of a file as email in unix.I am using the below code to do this.But when i get the email i see that SUBJECT and TO is blank. Can you please let me know why it is blank? Also the FROM address comes as admin@myhost. Is there any way i can set FROM to user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

send email from unix server

HI Guys, I want send email from my script ..and i have tried below command still no luck. ( uuencode $Adm "Test.txt" ) | mailx -s "Test" P***.P****@at***.com mailx -s "test mail" P****.P***@at***.com < $Admin Any other option.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a file in email from Solaris box to MS outlook 2010

Hi I have input file in solaris machine and my question is..,how to send email that input file to Microsoft outlook 2010 in excel /xls format. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
5 Replies
siteuptime(1)							   wzdftpd tools						     siteuptime(1)

NAME
siteuptime - show current uptime for FTP server (wzdftpd) SYNOPSIS
siteuptime [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The siteuptime command shows current uptime for wzdftpd. OPTIONS
--user,-u XXX Use username XXX instead of wzdftpd. --pass,-w XXX Use password XXX with the username. --host,-h XXX Connect to the specified host. --port,-p XXX Employ the specified port number for connecting to the server. --secure,-s Enforce a secure connection, aborts if negotiation fails. --insecure,-t Do not try to negotiate a secure connection. AUTHORS
wzdftpd is written and maintained by Pierre Chifflier <chifflier@cpe.fr>, and some others contributors, full credits can be found in /usr/share/doc/wzdftpd/AUTHORS SEE ALSO
wzdftpd(8),ftp(1),siteconfig(1),sitewho(1) Full documentation on wzdftpd, including configuration and FAQs, is available at http://www.wzdftpd.net For help/support, try the wzdftpd mailing lists, detailed on http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=78247 Report bugs at http://www.wzdftpd.net/smf/index.php siteuptime (wzdftpd) November 2004 siteuptime(1)