Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How do cron restart on unix Tru64? Post 302147418 by Tlg13team on Tuesday 27th of November 2007 01:44:15 AM
Old 11-27-2007
How do cron restart on unix Tru64?

hi all,
because don't run my cron jobs. few days age it's running fine.

I did below steps:

1. cd /usr/sbin

2. cron stop
response: "! Cron is already running. Exiting... Tue Nov 27 14:38:00 2007"

3. cron start
response: "! Cron is already running. Exiting... Tue Nov 27 14:38:00 2007"

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

tru64 unix

Can anyone help me with tru64 unix. We have just got a new server with this already loaded on, we don't have the CDrom. We are trying to establish the common features ie smit,printers,users and day to day commands. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacl
8 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

tru64 unix

Whick book would I get for dummies learning tru64, ie basics. thankyou (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacl
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unix HP Tru64

Hi experts, I hope someone can help me with these simple tasks as I am new in Unix environment. I need to create a file system for backup purpose, therefore I need to know the commands in Unix. 1) What is the command to check my disk drives to see how much available space is not allocated... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to restart a CRON

If my cron has recieved a SIGTERM. How do I restart the cron? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddrivera
7 Replies

5. Linux

hi all, How do cron restart on unix Tru64? because don't run my cron jobs. few days age it's running fine. I did below steps: 1. cd /usr/sbin 2. cron stop responce: "! Cron is already running. Exiting... Tue Nov 27 14:38:00 2007" 3. cron start responce: "! Cron is already running.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlg13team
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tru64-unix

Hello everybody I am new in TRU64 UNIX and i would really appreciate if somebody can help me with some info regarding the classification of the user rights of this OS. The types of user i know from previous experience in HP-UX 11 i is the root user or the superuser, the user admn that is the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adak2010
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to restart CRON file?

Hi How can I restart the CRON manually? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: biot
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron won't restart rsyslog

Howdy, I am nearly tearing my hair out as Cron isn't running a script that should work. I am interning for a company. Their rsyslog keeps track of traffic that gets past a firewall. It creates two files called pix.log and pix2.log. Every time something happens with the firewall, it adds to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sstrahm001
11 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab - maintain crontab files for individual users (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] [-l | -r | -e] DESCRIPTION
Crontab is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in ISC Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the cron.allow file does not exist but the cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, only the super user will be allowed to use this command. If the -u option is given, it specifies the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines "your" crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(8) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(8) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename ``-'' is given. The -l option causes the current crontab to be displayed on standard output. The -r option causes the current crontab to be removed. The -e option is used to edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) FILES
/etc/cron.allow /etc/cron.deny STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std1003.2-1992 (``POSIX''). This new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> 4th Berkeley Distribution 29 December 1993 CRONTAB(1)