Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: nested variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting nested variables Post 302144534 by porter on Thursday 8th of November 2007 04:27:31 PM
Old 11-08-2007
Code:
$ example_1="a test string"
$ example_2="another test"
$ example_3="etc..."
$ i=2
$ eval echo \$example_$i
another test

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep variables nested within grep

Help, I have a ksh script that has some variables within the grep command, I am then setting another variable that greps the variables that have greps within them. cat $WORKINGDIR/meter_list.txt | while read meter do serialnum=$(cat masterlogfile.txt | grep "$meter" | awk '{ print $19 }'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: srichard9
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimize the nested IF

Hi, I have to assign a value for a varaiable based on a Input. I have written the below code: if then nf=65 elif then nf=46 elif then nf=164 elif then nf=545 elif then nf=56 elif then (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two variables in output file name nested for loops

I am trying to use two nested for loops to process some files and then create a new file using both variables in the output file name. I have several files in this naming style: S1_L3_all_R1.fastq S1_L3_all_R2.fastq S1_L4_all_R1.fastq S1_L4_all_R2.fastq . . S1_L8_all_R1.fastq... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aminards
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex bash/sed, variables and nested quotes

Ok, this one isn't for everybody, it's pretty tough and I've spent a good deal of time on it without figuring it out yet. Can anybody get this script to work: #!/bin/bash cq_fname="%let outputfile="/user/cq_"$1".csv";" sed "29s/.*/\"$cq_fname\"/" file1.sas >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nocloud
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

two while nested loops

for server in $(echo `cat /tmp/ScanHosts_${USERSNAME}.TXT`) do for portnumber in $(echo `cat /tmp/ScanPorts_${USERSNAME}.TXT`) do #echo ${server} ${portnumber} ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested if else

Hi, i m trying to create script which logic is like below. if ; then x=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep STOP | wc -l` y=`cat /tmp/testoutput.log | grep RUN | wc -l` if ; then echo "process stop" if ; then echo "process running " else echo "file not found" fi ----------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Nested If

I am having a problem with a nested if. I am sure I am overlooking something. I check for the existence of $Pidfl3 and it exists, o this condition I then want to check for the existence of a next file and remove it. The first if is executed, but on the second if I get test: argument expected. My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charles Swart
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies
GIT-SHELL(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-SHELL(1)

NAME
git-shell - Restricted login shell for Git-only SSH access SYNOPSIS
chsh -s $(command -v git-shell) <user> git clone <user>@localhost:/path/to/repo.git ssh <user>@localhost DESCRIPTION
This is a login shell for SSH accounts to provide restricted Git access. It permits execution only of server-side Git commands implementing the pull/push functionality, plus custom commands present in a subdirectory named git-shell-commands in the user's home directory. COMMANDS
git shell accepts the following commands after the -c option: git receive-pack <argument>, git upload-pack <argument>, git upload-archive <argument> Call the corresponding server-side command to support the client's git push, git fetch, or git archive --remote request. cvs server Imitate a CVS server. See git-cvsserver(1). If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell will also handle other, custom commands by running "git-shell-commands/<command> <arguments>" from the user's home directory. INTERACTIVE USE
By default, the commands above can be executed only with the -c option; the shell is not interactive. If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell can also be run interactively (with no arguments). If a help command is present in the git-shell-commands directory, it is run to provide the user with an overview of allowed actions. Then a "git> " prompt is presented at which one can enter any of the commands from the git-shell-commands directory, or exit to close the connection. Generally this mode is used as an administrative interface to allow users to list repositories they have access to, create, delete, or rename repositories, or change repository descriptions and permissions. If a no-interactive-login command exists, then it is run and the interactive shell is aborted. EXAMPLE
To disable interactive logins, displaying a greeting instead: $ chsh -s /usr/bin/git-shell $ mkdir $HOME/git-shell-commands $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login <<EOF #!/bin/sh printf '%s ' "Hi $USER! You've successfully authenticated, but I do not" printf '%s ' "provide interactive shell access." exit 128 EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login To enable git-cvsserver access (which should generally have the no-interactive-login example above as a prerequisite, as creating the git-shell-commands directory allows interactive logins): $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs <<EOF if ! test $# = 1 && test "$1" = "server" then echo >&2 "git-cvsserver only handles "server"" exit 1 fi exec git cvsserver server EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs SEE ALSO
ssh(1), git-daemon(1), contrib/git-shell-commands/README GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-SHELL(1)