Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract if pattern matches
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract if pattern matches Post 302141627 by Raynon on Saturday 20th of October 2007 08:06:47 PM
Old 10-20-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdog74
it very easy if you want to try to understand,just print them out !
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR{print "File processing now: " FILENAME "  FNR: "FNR " NR: "NR ;print $0;next}
     { print "File processing now: " FILENAME " NR: " NR " FNR:  " FNR " : "$0 }
' "file1" "file2"

Hi GhostDog,

Thanks for that!!!! It really helps me to understand the codes better. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count pattern matches

i have an awk statement which i am using to count the number of occurences of the number ,5, in the file: awk '/,5,/ {count++}' TRY.txt | awk 'END { printf(" Total parts: %d",count)}' i know there is a total of 10 matches..what is wrong here? thanks (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get value that matches file name pattern

Hi I have files with names that contain the date in several formats as, YYYYMMDD, DD-MM-YY,DD.MM.YY or similar combinations. I know if a file fits in one pattern or other, but i donīt know how to extract the substring contained in the file that matches the pattern. For example, i know that ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pjrm
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove if the above line matches pattern

but keep if does not I have a file: --> my.out foo: bar foo: moo blarg i am on vacation foo: goose foo: lucy foo: moose foo: stucky groover@monkey.org foo: bozo grimace@gonzo.net dear sir - blargo blargo foo: goon foo: sloppy foo: saudi gimme gimme gimme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract columns where header matches a given string

Hi, I'm having trouble pulling out columns where the headers match a file of key ID's I'm interested in and was looking for some help. file1.txt I Name 34 56 84 350 790 1215 1919 7606 9420 file2.txt I Name 1 1 2 2 3 3 ... 34 34... 56 56... 84 84... 350 350... M 1 A A A A... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: flotsam
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with range but matches pattern

To match range, the command is: awk '/BEGIN/,/END/' but what I want is the range is printed only if there is additional pattern that matches in the range itself? maybe like this: awk '/BEGIN/,/END/ if only in that range there is /pattern/' Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Blocks of text in a file - extract when matches...

I sat down yesterday to write this script and have just realised that my methodology is broken........ In essense I have..... ----------------------------------------------------------------- (This line really is in the file) Service ID: 12345 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashingaway
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the sentences from a text file that matches a pattern list

Hi I have a big text file. I want to extract all the sentences that matches at least 70% (seventy percent) of the words from each sentence based on a word list called A. Say the format of the text file is as given below: This is the first sentence which consists of fifteen words... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert tags which matches the pattern

Hi Guys, How to achieve this in awk or sed: Patterns: A.B. No. T-8346 or A.B. No. T-8xxx will look like this: Patterns: A.B. No. T-8346<br> or A.B. No. T-8xxx<br> #cat file.txt JHON VS. PETER, AGOO PET. How Old Are Youthe file will look like this: A.B. No. T-8346<br> January 01,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lxdorney
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a 1st line which matches the particular pattern?

Hi all, I have file on which I do grep on "/tmp/data" then I get 5 lines as dir Path: /tmp/data/20162343134 Starting to listen on ports logging: -- Moving results files from local storage: /tmp/resultsFiles/20162343134/*.gz to NFS: /data/temp/20162343134/outgoing from above got to get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: girijajoshi
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract the whole set if a pattern matches

Hi, I have to extract the whole set if a pattern matches.i have a file called input.txt input.txt ------------ CREATE TABLE ABC ( A, B, C ); CREATE TABLE XYZ ( X, Y, Z, P, Q ); (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
6 Replies
GNUNET-RSA(1)						      General Commands Manual						     GNUNET-RSA(1)

NAME
gnunet-rsa - manipulate GNUnet RSA key files SYNOPSIS
gnunet-rsa [options]FILENAME DESCRIPTION
gnunet-rsa can be used to create an RSA private key and to print the corresponding public key. You must specify a filename containing an RSA private key in GNUnet format as an argument. If the file does not exist, gnunet-rsa will create a key. This may then take a while. If the option -p is given, the corresponding public key will be printed to the console. OPTIONS
-p, --print-public-key Print the corresponding public key to stdout. -P, --print-peer-identity Print the corresponding peer identity (hash of the public key) to stdout. This hash is used for the name of peers. -s, --print-short-identity Print the corresponding short hash (256-bit hash of the public key) to stdout. This hash is used for names in the zkey zone. -c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME Use the configuration file FILENAME. -h, --help Print short help on options. -L LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL Use LOGLEVEL for logging. Valid values are DEBUG, INFO, WARNING and ERROR. -v, --version Print GNUnet version number. BUGS
Report bugs by using Mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <gnunet-developers@gnu.org> GNUnet Mar 15, 2012 GNUNET-RSA(1)