Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disabled/Locked users
Operating Systems HP-UX Disabled/Locked users Post 302139634 by psimoes79 on Monday 8th of October 2007 10:01:08 AM
Old 10-08-2007
Disabled/Locked users

How can I check the disabled/locked users in HP-UX? It's possible to know that without root privileges?

Thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disabled printers

How does or what makes a printer go into a disabled state? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsb0
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Users locked out of Server

hiya all, I have Fedora core 3 installed - as a server - onto an old PC. Root u/n and psw lets me in However, all the other accounts no longer worked. They use to work until yesterday... I now get the error at the login screen: "AUTHENTICATIONFAILED" I hope this is a common... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
12 Replies

3. Linux

Command for list of active/disabled users

Hi, I want to know the command for finding out the list of active/disabled users in Linux System. Model:x86_64. Rev:2.6.9 Thanks in advance for your help Mike (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to list locked users in hp-ux?

Actually.I have 2 questions to ask. 1. how to list locked account in hp-ux? 2.how to list locked account in linux(redhat)? I can use the command "passwd -S -username" to list a account who were locked . who knows how to list all locked accounts with one command. Thanks!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

selinux --disabled

Hi All, Will some one kindly explian below ? selinux What is the effect of installing a server using this kickstart option as follows: selinux --enforcing and selinux --disabled (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri243
1 Replies

7. Solaris

NTP gets disabled

Hi experts, I am using solaris10 operating system on a N240 Sun server. I have a problem on NTP, that is, i am using an external ntp server and when i enable ntp instance via smf, it works for a while then it gets disabled.. Here these are the info: 1) I enable the ntp service: # svcadm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dyavuzy1
1 Replies
HAL-IS-CALLER-LOCKED-OUT(1)				      General Commands Manual				       HAL-IS-CALLER-LOCKED-OUT(1)

NAME
hal-is-caller-locked-out - determine if a caller is locked out SYNOPSIS
hal-is-caller-locked-out [options] DESCRIPTION
hal-is-caller-locked-out determines if a specific caller is locked out of a specific D-Bus interface on a specific device. For more infor- mation about both the big picture and specific HAL properties, refer to the HAL spec which can be found in /usr/local/share/doc/hal/spec/hal-spec.html depending on the distribution. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --udi The UDI (Unique Device Identifier) of the device object. --interface The name of the interface to check for. --caller The unique D-Bus name on the system bus of the caller. --help Print out usage. --version Print the version. RETURN VALUE
If the given process is locked out or an error occurs, this program exits with exit code 1. Otherwise it exits with exit code 0. Note that only the super user (root) or other privileged users can use this tool. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution or the HAL mailing list, see http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/hal on how to subscribe. SEE ALSO
hald(8), lshal(1), hal-get-property(1), hal-set-property(1), hal-find-by-property(1), hal-find-by-capability(1) AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <david@fubar.dk> with a lot of help from many others. HAL-IS-CALLER-LOCKED-OUT(1)